Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A normal part of life

markdohle

A normal part of life

Sometimes it is good to understand that being bored or feeling empty is a normal part of life, so the spiritual path can at times be irksome, but not as bad if all one does is to drift. Being patient is so important if any kind of progress is to be attained. Grace is a gentle invitation, freely given, we are free to answer the call or not. If we don't, the invitation is still there, it is never withdrawn. I would like to say I always answer the call, but that would be lying. I don’t keep score but I doubt it is all that high. God’s mercy and love are forever, while I, well, I can drift from time to time and feel lost, until grace once again comes and I respond. There is never any need to despair, or to give up, just begin again. Humility is a hard teacher, but it also lightens the heavy our egos can put on us.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Grandpa Greenman

• markdohle

• Marcion Meets E. Sibyl

Top Posters In This Topic

Being humbled is the story of my life! Yes, humility is a hard teacher, my friend, I agree. I am very grateful, however, that I still have time and strength to be able to get up whenever I fall or beaten down by life, and learn from my mistakes. Patience, interesting enough, has become one my strengths. That's a good thing about aging, I suppose.

God's mercy is forever?? Well, I will take your word on that, Mark. In fact, I'm counting on it.

God bless.

I don't seem to have a lot of issues with that. Maybe because when I was growing up if you went up to one my parents and said you were bored, you suddenly got real busy. Boredom in farm country is a luxury. When I get to feeling empty and bored I do something. Call a friend who might need to talk, work in the garden, do some art, play with the cat and dog, go on UM and drive people nuts. Just don't have the time to feel empty and bored. I have times when I get depressed, I got reason to be, but I have been given the tools to change my thought patterns to combat it. Also there is meditation, which will fill your empty soul with the whole Universe.