Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Random bloke just parachuted past!

SeanJPD

Yes I know that however when there is no plane, no helicopter, no high area and people don't really tend to skydive round this area it does peak my interest.

Could he have been paragliding?

Could he have been paragliding?

As I said to freetoroam, what he is doing is not so strange it is just the fact that no one skydives around here and there is nowhere in site where he could have jumped from.

They take off by water, usually, right? A boat goes fast towing them, they lift gently, then to infinity and beyond.

They take off by water, usually, right? A boat goes fast towing them, they lift gently, then to infinity and beyond.

The closest water is a good 20 miles away

Unless he took off from a small pond.

Or maybe Superman had a bit of trouble while flying.

Where abouts are you in England, will get my google Earth on, we will find a take off point, somewhere!

Where abouts are you in England, will get my google Earth on, we will find a take off point, somewhere!

I don't really want all the guests reading my location but I will have a quick look, thanks for the offer!
  • Like 1

I don't really want all the guests reading my location but I will have a quick look, thanks for the offer!

I understand, no one wants a paraglider fest, the last thing you want is a load of new paragliders flying past. :tu:

I understand, no one wants a paraglider fest, the last thing you want is a load of new paragliders flying past. :tu:

I know! If they find out the location it will be like paragliding hell!
  • Like 1

The water was closer than I thought but he would still need to be being pulled along by a spaceship to get to where he was. He wasn't even close to landing anyway. I might check the local news actually.

The water was closer than I thought but he would still need to be being pulled along by a spaceship to get to where he was. He wasn't even close to landing anyway. I might check the local news actually.

keep us informed, if it is on the local news then it would be worthy a thread on here. :tu:

I wonder if it was a sponsored skydive, I have seen posters up about one nearby.

Love a good internet mystery and crowdsourced resolutions.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

Love a good internet mystery and crowdsourced resolutions.

Still hasn't been solved, even if it was the sponsored skydive there was no plane to be seen.

I thought the blue was water in the photo, and the roof was a hill. The first thing I thought is how it looks like a hill by th ocean in a place I like to go to, so I guess I got that quick mental image, and didn't notice yours is absolutely different.

Have you actually looked at the link on paragliding - no aircraft is involved

Edited by Oppono Astos

Was he just floating along or did he have a fan mounted on his back?

Powered paragliding is pretty popular where I live. They usually only fly over the ocean but do see them occasionally flying over land. Also they take off from a park or open space.

800px-Powered_Paraglider-001.jpg

576px-Mike_Fifield_CA_2007.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....red_paragliding

Edited by DKO

Was he just floating along or did he have a fan mounted on his back?

Powered paragliding is pretty popular where I live. They usually only fly over the ocean but do see them occasionally flying over land. Also they take off from a park or open space.

800px-Powered_Paraglider-001.jpg

576px-Mike_Fifield_CA_2007.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....red_paragliding

I think he was just floating down, even though he is a small figure in the photo in real life he looked a big closer and I couldn't see a big fan on his back.