Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can doing Sorcery get you haunted ?

LostSouls7

So I was reading about Sorcery and it sounds interesting.

It says it's black magick where the sorcerer calls up an evil demon.

Then the demon makes a pact with him to grand super natural powers or money etc.

If you do sorcery do you think it will get you haunted?

and have any of you tried it?

I am curious to know more about this topic

• Like 3

I don't think so but most people don't listen to me anyway.

If you believe you're cursed, you'll be cursed. it's all in the mind really.

If you try it I seriously doubt you will gain anything from it except learning about a different culture.

• Like 2

I have asked the same thing, only I asked for people to " put up or shut up."

I am going to get hated for this, but I have to......

The answer to your question is no.

First of all, even if people claim to know how to do this, they will not do it to show it is true. Even if they say they will, they back out for a number of excuses.There are numerous people here, and hundreds on the internet that claim they can summon these things, or get rid of them. Not one has done anything except take advantage of people, and/or take money from guillible people. I think some of them may actually believe they can do what they say, but not one person has proven anything to anyone. Just words, and cold readings...Maybe some " seeding " of peoples fears also.

I have tried spells, Ouija boards, etc,etc,etc...I have given my address, GPS, etc,etc to people that said they would be summoning things to me. I have openly stated numerous times, invited if you will, Demons and such to show themselves to me, to take over my body, to show me they are not all pussies......

Either I am one Demon hunter bad ass, or they are not real.....

The truth, they are real, if you " believe ".......I do not " believe " so I, and many others are safe.

If that does not make sense, I will make it easy.....It is all in ones head.

Long story short, this has been a on-going thing here, and this is where I will get a couple of hater replies. I am not bumping the topic, but answering your question. There is a lot of information there, 3 years worth. Weed through the bickering....

http://www.unexplain...pic=181521&st=0

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 7

Whether sorcery, demons, or whatever exists or not, they are cultural concepts that exist as much as other cultural concepts exist.

Wanting more power and opening parts of our consciousness (or doors to the other side whatever the case you see it as) can have consequences. They caused me great suffering until I renounced the lust for power. That lust was a symptom of not feeling fully in control. Very convoluted and complex, filled with what some would call demons, but so glad that chapter is over for me. Good luck!

• Like 1

Whether sorcery, demons, or whatever exists or not, they are cultural concepts that exist as much as other cultural concepts exist.

Wanting more power and opening parts of our consciousness (or doors to the other side whatever the case you see it as) can have consequences. They caused me great suffering until I renounced the lust for power. That lust was a symptom of not feeling fully in control. Very convoluted and complex, filled with what some would call demons, but so glad that chapter is over for me. Good luck!

As I said, it is in ones head( mind ).....

Either you believe, or you do not. If you do not, you have no problems with it.

If you do, you open a door to being brain washed.

IMO and personal experience, just don't mess with it. You'll end up only losing yourself. Whether you believe in it or not, things of the world only want to possess, control, and gain power over others. That statement is also towards people.

• Like 1

As I said, it is in ones head( mind ).....

Either you believe, or you do not. If you do not, you have no problems with it.

If you do, you open a door to being brain washed.

Maybe, some say it is all in one's head, others say it is all out there and definitely real, but I find both sides have some truths and it might really be all in the middle space, truly.

This can be applied to reality in general, some say it is all made up by our mind, others that our mind is a tool and it is all out there, but again in the middle ground might be true reality.

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

Maybe, some say it is all in one's head, others say it is all out there and definitely real, but I find both sides have some truths and it might really be all in the middle space, truly.

This can be applied to reality in general, some say it is all made up by our mind, others that our mind is a tool and it is all out there, but again in the middle ground might be true reality.

I agree LBA. If you automatically dismiss it your wrong, but if you take it completely at 100% without some experience or first hand encounter, your still wrong. Balance is the key, objectivity is necessary, but complete dismissal is only ignorence.

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 1

The ones who " say " it is in the head have proof, facts, and backed up facts from the Medical Profession.

The ones who say it is real have nothing but claims.

Show me I am wrong with facts, and not opinions.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

I agree LBA. If you automatically dismiss it your wrong, but if you take it completely at 100% without some experience or first hand encounter, your still wrong. Balance is the key, objectivity is necessary, but complete dismissal is only ignorence.

À l'aventure is a French film that plays on the Sundance Channel and while it might be a bit smutty for some it really does have deep points that relate to this topic. Staring into the abyss long enough reveals parts of our own selves, doors to our own consciousness, or the collective one of humanity.

In one scene the forces are symbolized through sudden levitation. It is part creepy that film and those ideas resonate.

The ones who " say " it is in the head have proof, facts, and backed up facts from the Medical Profession.

Not going to argue about who is right or wrong. Science has yet to adequately explain the seat of consciousness much less all these other issues. Still, I prefer the preternatural approach that always includes science and what it can tell us but also allowing meaning to still come through. Human and cultural symbols, collective consciousness, Jungian explanations all have a part in my worldview, we don't have to share the same worldview or have a dogfight on who is right or wrong.

Not going to show you as wrong. Can only share my worldview. On the other hand if you desire to share with us science, with facts, please do, you won't be turned away. If only meant to inform you will be welcomed. If only meant to disprove others, it might not have the same effect...

Edited by Leave Britney alone!
  • Like 1

I think that base prerequisite for getting haunted is experiencing fear. For example, Sakari is, whether he likes it or not, one badass dude who spits in the face of danger :D, so he might meddle with things beyond his knowledge, but since he has no fear, demons have no foothold in his life. But that can take unexpected turn, just like life takes unexpected turns.

Sorcery and black magic in essence are not what people believe them to be. There is no power or force that you can use to get supernatural powers, improve yourself or curse someone else. It's just that demons see and hear what "spell" you conjure, and then do it (or not) if they feel you will believe in it or them more. For instance, levitation is no power of mind that defies gravity, it's just one invisible demon holding you up in the air.

If you look at spiritism, UFOs and about every single supernatural event, it's basically just fallen angels messing with you.

I think that base prerequisite for getting haunted is experiencing fear. For example, Sakari is, whether he likes it or not, one badass dude who spits in the face of danger :D, so he might meddle with things beyond his knowledge, but since he has no fear, demons have no foothold in his life. But that can take unexpected turn, just like life takes unexpected turns.

Sorcery and black magic in essence are not what people believe them to be. There is no power or force that you can use to get supernatural powers, improve yourself or curse someone else. It's just that demons see and hear what "spell" you conjure, and then do it (or not) if they feel you will believe in it or them more. For instance, levitation is no power of mind that defies gravity, it's just one invisible demon holding you up in the air.

If you look at spiritism, UFOs and about every single supernatural event, it's basically just fallen angels messing with you.

Interesting but what about like Monks who chant thing then float in deep meditation?

you think it's demons who give them those powers??

Well of course Sorcery and Black Magick...

Sorcery.. is calling up a demon to appear then talk to you and do your bidding..

that's direct contact. Like you said black magick are spells .. and they do them for you..

since you also call on them.. but not materlize..

But in SOrcery.. usually you are enslaved to the spirit...

and it demands blood sacrifice... if you not it will take the life

of the Sorcery.. !

I was just wondering if anyone actually still does that?

also people think it's just in their head??

that's interesting.. also...

So, Off topic.

That youtube video, is it yours?

I didn't make it.. a friend of mine made it :)

Interesting but what about like Monks who chant thing then float in deep meditation?

you think it's demons who give them those powers??

No, it is magic props....Props hidden that hold them up.

• Like 2

Now come on Sakari, you're just blatantly going to lie and say that there is "facts" and "proof" backing the idea that the paranormal does not exist?

We both know full-well that science only proves that there are some logical occurrences, but science and facts have not once proven that the paranormal is fake.

Oh by the way, your not having demons.. That is just your own personal experience, others may have different experiences.. But of course if they do, they're crazy right?

All three sides have nothing but claims, and saying otherwise is just a complete lie. The only side that seems to claim to have any fact, is the skeptics. Scientists and Doctors alike refuse to comment on whether the paranormal does in fact exist or not, but skeptics seem to have found facts that they have not... Most of these times, the facts they claim are some mental illness in someone unrelated to who they're referring to, and doctors have warned against diagnosis from untrained professionals but hell.. Have at it.

If you would like, I will wait while you bring your proof/facts that the paranormal does not exist... But it's really cool to see you once again bumping an old thread and even bashing other people for having beliefs and experiences other than your own.(@Sakari)

---

As for the question can sorcery lead to hauntings.. Well that is a question which has many answers. Many variables have to be filled... What do you consider a haunting? What do you consider sorcery? Are you looking for a scientific answer, a skeptic answer, or a believer answer? That's just the main variables..

From my personal experience, as well as the experience of my ancestors.. Yes certain kinds of sorcery can lead to certain kinds of hauntings. (but that's just cause w'ere believers)

Edited by xFelix

This is how I feel. But it's not worth arguing the toss with people. If the professionals tell 'em it's all in the head, it's in the head! (Remember like when the same professionals said being gay was an illness and that it was all in the head too...) Even if some of those professionals explicitly believe it isn't just in the head...that's when they get discredited and we're told they shouldn't be in that job etc. Also, I feel this is appropriate at times...

:passifier:

I'm calling you out on this, Are you gay because you said this twice now and playing the gay card is getting so old.

Let's clear this half pipe, SOME PROFESSIONALS say, NOT EVERY ONE!

No one here has said it is in the mind being gay, Being Gay is NOT the same as people who claim a ghost is stalking them or claim they can fly or have magical powers that come from tv shows.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

Wow, didn't realise pointing out a fairly obvious historical c*** up by the medical profession would mean that I was gay! No, I'm not but thank you for asking :tsu: I apologise that the truth is an inconvenience to the strength of your "but the medical professions say" line that bandwagon skeptic pulls out in EVERY thread. The "professionals" got it wrong...VERY WRONG! Because as you rightly say, being gay is not some illness of the mind. Thankfully, psychology improved and realised that was a mistake. You seem to be struggling to understand my point (probably on purpose because the truth is hard to come to terms with).

Mental illness is mental illness. Totally comparable. :tu:

But you are clumping these "professionals" together. Not every profession agree with each others but in YOUR world all of them are the same. You seem to think that it's black and white, us vs them. Well kiddo, time to wake up and smell the coffee, the world is gray scale. As i said It's getting old, people who come here with redicious claims with zero PHYSICAL backing maybe do need see some help, maybe see counciler (just incase you know, they don't prescribe drugs) and maybe they need to talk it through but in your drummed up fantasy world that when they go seek some help that these evil people who want to shove drugs down their throats.

PS. Get over yourself.

• Like 3

Now come on Sakari, you're just blatantly going to lie and say that there is "facts" and "proof" backing the idea that the paranormal does not exist?

We both know full-well that science only proves that there are some logical occurrences, but science and facts have not once proven that the paranormal is fake.

Oh by the way, your not having demons.. That is just your own personal experience, others may have different experiences.. But of course if they do, they're crazy right?

All three sides have nothing but claims, and saying otherwise is just a complete lie. The only side that seems to claim to have any fact, is the skeptics. Scientists and Doctors alike refuse to comment on whether the paranormal does in fact exist or not, but skeptics seem to have found facts that they have not... Most of these times, the facts they claim are some mental illness in someone unrelated to who they're referring to, and doctors have warned against diagnosis from untrained professionals but hell.. Have at it.

If you would like, I will wait while you bring your proof/facts that the paranormal does not exist... But it's really cool to see you once again bumping an old thread and even bashing other people for having beliefs and experiences other than your own.(@Sakari)

---

As for the question can sorcery lead to hauntings.. Well that is a question which has many answers. Many variables have to be filled... What do you consider a haunting? What do you consider sorcery? Are you looking for a scientific answer, a skeptic answer, or a believer answer? That's just the main variables..

From my personal experience, as well as the experience of my ancestors.. Yes certain kinds of sorcery can lead to certain kinds of hauntings. (but that's just cause w'ere believers)

I consider sorcery... the act of calling up a demon and making pact with it to get power and or money.

I would think if you have a pact with a spirit. you will be haunted by it for life no?

but even if people dabble and do not make a pact.. they can still be haunted?

What I read from experiences written in occult books.. is that it's very real..

but very dangerous..

I was just hoping someone here who actually did the rituals to conjure something up..

could tell their personal story.

I consider sorcery... the act of calling up a demon and making pact with it to get power and or money.

I would think if you have a pact with a spirit. you will be haunted by it for life no?

but even if people dabble and do not make a pact.. they can still be haunted?

What I read from experiences written in occult books.. is that it's very real..

but very dangerous..

I was just hoping someone here who actually did the rituals to conjure something up..

Thats not really sorcery persay, thats actually more of Demon worship... The word Sorcery is a broad label put on many different things. Its main definition comes from casting spells and comjuring... what you speak of is Demon worship, becoming a "soul" for a demons pocket. Not something you should research any further my friend. I would encourage you to look elsewhere, theres no turning back.

I did, I gave you the link a few replies back....

• Like 1

---

You are lying by saying I ever said that.

Now, if you want to get into individual " paranormal " topics, I will ablidge.

Also, show me where I bashed anyone here.

And do me a favor....Do not bring up someone that lies, that may not be a good idea.

Now, " science " has a ton of answers to a ton of what people claim as evidence in hauntings, possesions, etc,etc,etc.....And, the answers are facts.

They are posted all over this site, and ignored by many, and buried by childish arguments.

Back on topic?

• Like 2

Are there people with mental problems who probably should see a doctor? Yep. Are there frauds and hoaxes out there? Yep. Are there flat out attention seeking liars out there? Yep. But as far as I'm concerned, there are things going on to some people that science cannot explain. Not sure why I need to "get over" myself, though. Presumably, you wanted me to answer "yes" to the "are you gay?" question so it could be used as an excuse as to why I'd use that example but it didn't quite work out.

Hello there,

When you say that there are things going on to some people that science cannot explain, are you suggesting that such people need not take help from science? (I'm sure you're not) Have you known a case where a doctor or psychiatrist or whatever said "I can't help you" or "I don't understand your problem at all". How can you tell if or not someone needs to see the doctor? What is to say that the person you think has "problems that science cannot explain" did go to a doctor first?

Just off topic, but "Thought the earth was flat", "Thought coelacanth was extinct but it is back", it is just not the same for me as ghosts and evil spirits, for me, at least.

Scientists and Doctors alike refuse to comment on whether the paranormal does in fact exist or not, but skeptics seem to have found facts that they have not...

I'm sorry but have your personally verified that every scientist and every doctor in this world is not a skeptic? or do you think a skeptic is a different breed/species of people altogether. So, a scientist or a doctor cannot also be a skeptic, If I understand correctly.

• Like 3

Thats not really sorcery persay, thats actually more of Demon worship... The word Sorcery is a broad label put on many different things. Its main definition comes from casting spells and comjuring... what you speak of is Demon worship, becoming a "soul" for a demons pocket. Not something you should research any further my friend. I would encourage you to look elsewhere, theres no turning back.

You speak with such.... certainty here... if I may say, so how do you know that Demon worship, means becoming "a soul for a demon's pocket"? Are you certain that's how it is? How do you know that it's not "Sorcery persay"?

This bolded part I admit, I will never understand the thought process behind it at all. It sounds like an attempt to keep people who are "unsure" in that state forever, and spooking them out from actually trying to understand what it might be, or finding rational answers.

• Like 2

I, for one, hope that the paranormal(and even the extreme paranormal) exists, otherwise I am In deep doo-doo when I die.

That is, if the life I experience right now is "lights-on" and death is "lights-off", that's dang disappointing.

• Like 1