Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kids Poisoned by Medical Marijuana

DieChecker

....what a crock...

The alcohol lobby rears it's ugly head because it knows it's time is short...

This is crap...I don't participate in such activities and haven't for years...but know crap when I see crap.

propaganda.jpg

Edit to add...

i have no doubt there has been some isolated cases of 'oops". But I don't find it to be "OMG!" and newsworthy. Under counter cleaning agents and parents/grandparents medicine cabinets take out a fair share as well. This is to scare the sheep sheep_zps4b615e7e.gifback to their farmers and make them scared of that mean old plant thingy...

flockofsheep_zpsf1a6a84d.gif

Edited by Jeremiah65
  • Like 3

Tbh I've hung around stoner types all through high-school, (ironically I never started smoking till after high-school,) and like many here have attested I have never seen anyone become violent or even energetic really while high on MJ. Psychedelics tend to make people more appreciative, more in touch emotionally, and generally less likely all around to even want to harm their fellow man. Even the stereotype of a "stoner" is more humorous than anything. Lazy, happy, altruistic. I'd rather have stoners in office than the war-mongers we have now. Maybe then our social programs would really take off.

• Like 3

Tbh I've hung around stoner types all through high-school, (ironically I never started smoking till after high-school,) and like many here have attested I have never seen anyone become violent or even energetic really while high on MJ. Psychedelics tend to make people more appreciative, more in touch emotionally, and generally less likely all around to even want to harm their fellow man. Even the stereotype of a "stoner" is more humorous than anything. Lazy, happy, altruistic. I'd rather have stoners in office than the war-mongers we have now. Maybe then our social programs would really take off.

Marijuana induces a very mild psychdelic affect.

More potent pyschadelics would include things like shrooms, LSD, some forms of methanthetamines, DMT and others. Apart from LSD and some other plant extracts I have not listed there. Most of them do provide some sense of being and in touchness if you like with the world around you.

Though that is a different topic. Although it would be good to get rid of those war mongers. Marijuana can cause lethargy which kills ambition. I also don't think that is desirable. Although not completely guaranteed with the consumption of marijuana, it is a common after effect.

Society doesn't know it yet, but potheads make the best top-level managers. They're not as good at actually doing the work however.

• Like 1

Society doesn't know it yet, but potheads make the best top-level managers. They're not as good at actually doing the work however.

Everybody does it lol the older I get, the more I begin to realize how ridiculously widespread it is. Maybe it's just the region I live in, (though I doubt it,) but all of these professionals, upper management, every industry and walk of life, from the rich to the poor, everyone seems to enjoy lighting up once in a while. It's just wild but so liberating at the same time

• Like 1

RkTgc.jpeg

.....and who are we to argue with the late, great, Mr Sagan.....

;-)

• Like 3

After decriminalization, 14 children -- mostly boys and some as young as 8 months -- were found to have ingested marijuana. Eight had consumed medical marijuana, and seven ate marijuana in foods. Two were admitted to the intensive care unit.

=============================

ok, forgetting the medical or not, legal or not, but am I reading this right? 8 MONTHS OLD? let alone young children. what are parents doing? I can`t believe this!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

RkTgc.jpeg

Billions and billions of pot smokers paying billions and billions in taxes thinking of billions and billions of stars.

Edited by F3SS

[/size]

Wow, that is a surprise, as far as I knew, it was more like Orcseeker described, a lethargic reaction. How could a letharrthgic reaction insprire rape? Sorry if too personal, I understand if you do not answer, I can understand a car accident with lethargy, but more physical acts seem a strange thing for a lethargic person to consider let alone accomplish?

Again, sorry if too personal, it really just struck me as quite odd.

It was basically about the (horrible) people these girls were with. If the only guys that will give you free pot will occationally get you stoned and rape you, or hand you around to the other guys, well, maybe that is a price some girls will pay. The other girl was a case where she was up on a balcony smoking pot and drinking and did some really stupid stuff, that none of the other highly stoned people there tried to stop, resulting in her falling 8 stories to the ground. I'm not saying that these things would not have occured without the pot, but I am saying that the pot was definately an element and neither of the girls would have been around the people they were if they did not always want more pot.

And before anyone goes on about liquor... I almost feel as strongly about that being a major issue in society too. Probably a bigger problem, if less hated (by me).

It is a touchy (and sad) subject for me... :cry:

Edited by DieChecker

If we were bombing the Middle East (and ourselves) with marijuana, the "war on terror" would have been won years ago.

Overdoing it with marijuana is like overdoing it on anything else. Consume it responsibly and you'll sleep better at night, have a healthier appetite, grow a bigger brain, ward off disease like Alzheimers, and you'll change the way you look at the world. George Carlin was right. Marijuana is a substance that changes our values and that's why the establishment doesn't want us smoking it and asking questions the ensuing thoughtfulness will produce. The establishment wants obedient workers, not educated people who realize how badly they've been getting served by the powers that run the big country club we're not members of.

• Like 1

If we were bombing the Middle East (and ourselves) with marijuana, the "war on terror" would have been won years ago.

Overdoing it with marijuana is like overdoing it on anything else. Consume it responsibly and you'll sleep better at night, have a healthier appetite, grow a bigger brain, ward off disease like Alzheimers, and you'll change the way you look at the world. George Carlin was right. Marijuana is a substance that changes our values and that's why the establishment doesn't want us smoking it and asking questions the ensuing thoughtfulness will produce. The establishment wants obedient workers, not educated people who realize how badly they've been getting served by the powers that run the big country club we're not members of.

yeah that would work..seems middle east grow it anyway..

• 7 months later...

i would argue that the kids were not "Poisoned" .. did they die?

• Like 2

The least toxic "drug" in the entire pharmacopeia, and the MSM focuses on vague references to children getting their hands on too much and overdosing. The symptom of marijuana overdose is unconsciousness, which for many people equates to catching up on their sleep. Some poison.

• Like 5

An American dies from prescription drugs every 19 minutes. Nobody has ever died of a cannabis overdose in known history. Hey I know, let's focus on articles about cannabis poisoning! Great idea.

• Like 7

How many inmates in the US are there for marijuana related crimes?

Take the total numbers of inmates, subtract the number of potheads behind bars and the answer you're left with is a gaping hole in the prison industry. That's exactly what it is: an industry.

Edit to add -- My heart goes out to all those youngsters who had years of their lives stripped away by the state simply for having a joint in their pocket. It's disgusting that this has been allowed to continue for so long, fueled by B.S. propaganda. Weed is the low-hanging fruit for law enforcement. Cowards.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 5

I think the report is bull@#%!, but if children and young kids are being exposed to pot, I think someone should hold the parents or guardians responsible and make sure they pay for it.

but is sounds so good, evil drugs poison our children, lets give another billion to war on drugs.

Quick! Some one call the DEA! I feel unsafe because people want to smoke pot in their own home! :-*

That's statist thinking for ya.

• Like 5

children and young kids are already exposed to alcohol,, who holds the parents or guardians responsible, and makes sure they pay for it????

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

active compain agains mj.

for decades ppl smoked it, no problems, now "medical" mj gets a first step, and this crap happens. someone laced it with some crap on purpose.

Or, far more easily, just made some **** up in order to discredit it.

I noticed how the sources in the OP never stated what symptoms these poor innocent children endured at the hands of the evil weed. Well here's a clue folks, it's all BS!!!! No such thing ever happened because if it had, they would be very forthcoming with the details, which are woefully absent. Not the first shred of verifiable evidence was offered to back up the claim, and we're just supposed to take thier word for it? really?

C'mon, the use of the word "poisoning" is nothing but Prohibitionist scare mungering.

Edited by Cherrypress
  • Like 2

Not bad, it's ben legal in one state for two days and "someone" is screaming about people being poisoned.

• Like 1

Not bad, it's ben legal in one state for two days and "someone" is screaming about people being poisoned.

The OP was from May. :whistle:

The only way I can see people in general being seriously poisoned by a marijana product is if it had something else cut into it. Like if someone tried to add heroin or an opiate. Or, if it had some wack insecticide soaked into the plant.

• Like 1

Some do induce a lethargic effect, even mainly present in the next day. There are two main types of marijuana. Sativa, which is more of an active high, increases levels of concentration and focus. Indica, which is the type where you basically get sleepy and lazy. Both may induce lethargy the next day. It comes down to the strain it was grown from.

I also second this question. If not lethargy. Smoking marijuana makes people passive. I have never seen someone go into a frenzy or such.

The only possible explanation is that due to marijuana being a psychoactive substance. A mentally disturbed person consuming it and bringing to surface some schizophrenia and acting from that or any other mental issue that may lead to such an act.

So, I live in Washington, pot's been a pretty hot topic around here for a long time and it always comes up in conversation. I was talking to one friend on NYE who was offered a celebratory toke, and he cheerfully declined and said it actually makes him surly and angry. And judging by what I know of him, I thought that was funny given he's a super zen dude naturally. It can have some weird affects on some people (he's not mentally ill to the best of my knowledge). I too have a very opposite reaction to than most people to marijuana... it is like syrup of ipecac to me, it totally makes me barf almost instantly.