Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Endangered whale used for Japan dog treats

Still Waters

Meat from endangered whales caught by Icelandic hunters is being sold in Japan as luxury dog treats, environmental campaigners said Tuesday.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website, with the meat described as a "low calorie, low fat, high protein" snack.

http://www.theage.co...0528-2n989.html

I don't understand how such an advanced culture with so much technology and societal structures can be so barbaric just under the surface. Japan is like a paradox country

• Like 3

I don't get it. Someone should post ships and shoot the people who shoot at the whales. I'm so sick of this loophole mentality or flat out ignoring bans. Time to show them what NO means! :gun:

ARRGH!

Mabon.

Hey guys and gals, read the headline would ya?

Meat from endangered whales caught by Icelandic hunters is being sold in Japan as luxury dog treats, environmental campaigners said Tuesday.

And at the link

"As Iceland prepares to hunt over 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market, NGOs question the environmental and economic logic of using meat from an endangered species for the manufacture of dog treats."

Japan did not catch these whales, Iceland did. Japan just bought excess meat from them cheap enough to make dog treats.

• Like 2

Hey guys and gals, read the headline would ya?

And at the link

"As Iceland prepares to hunt over 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market, NGOs question the environmental and economic logic of using meat from an endangered species for the manufacture of dog treats."

Japan did not catch these whales, Iceland did. Japan just bought excess meat from them cheap enough to make dog treats.

So if I knowingly buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them. Genius.

Iceland needs to be handed its own ass in court along with Japan.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

So if I buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them. Genius.

What an accurate comparison! :rolleyes:

The Japanese did not do anything illegal.

Speaking of... Just when dolphins got recognized as non-human persons.

By India, not generally.

What an accurate comparison! :rolleyes:

The Japanese did not do anything illegal.

Yes they do. They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws. The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

Yes they do. They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws. The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

We've had this discussion before. Should I copy and paste the old thread?

We've had this discussion before. Should I copy and paste the old thread?

I'm just making sure we have a consensus here and that you're aware of the color and the letter of the laws that Japan is breaking, which I've pointed out already on prior threads. If so, there's no need to copy and paste prior threads.

the dogs don't care how expensive their snack is. Seems silly to feed them something so exotic and expensive. A lot like wealthy people eating gold flakes in ice cream. Showing off.

• Like 1

the dogs don't care how expensive their snack is. Seems silly to feed them something so exotic and expensive. A lot like wealthy people eating gold flakes in ice cream. Showing off.

Or consuming shark fin soup at weddings because one day it's going to be 100x more expensive than it is now and it really will be showing off. "No soup for you!" comes to mind. It's a great way to indoctrinate people to demand it by entangling it up in the institution of marriage like that. Why I'll come off as anti-marriage for opposing shark poachers once Asians are indoctrinated enough into eating it. I couldn't have seen that one coming...

So much for "scientific purposes" behind Japan's whaling. This is abhorrent.

I guess Japan missed the southpark episode Whale Whores... it is Cow and Chicken they should be killing now.

The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

Pretty sure this would be an act of war on Japan, and in turn, the US of A... :no:

Cows and chickens don't have the slightest chance in hell of becoming extinct. They're the most reproduced and propagated animals on the planet, so yes meat eaters, Japan should be killing them now. Cows and chickens are farmed, find me what genius is spending decades raising/farming whales. You can't find one, because it's not economically feasible. The day someone shows that it is, is the day the chicken and cow argument has some parity in its logic. The difference is an economic one. Japan is playing with the economics of extinction and business is good. Nobody has to spend the energy or the resources to birth that whale and raise it from infancy into a giant mercury-laden whale steak.. Not only are we killing an individual, we're also enjoying the fact that the ocean paid the full cost of production for that individual. Just shoot them in the back of the head and watch them bleed out until they suffocate on their own blood. How convenient! Oh, but there's people doing something about that? They must be terrorists then. What powers of reason that is.

Pretty sure this would be an act of war on Japan, and in turn, the US of A... :no:

Not to mention an incredibly stupid idea.

I wish these bloody outsiders would stop trying to throwing Australia into this crap. Getting pretty sick of hearing how we seem to be expected to force Japan to stop Whaling in International waters. Why don't these losers stop them as soon as they leave Japans waters and leave us out of it.

It's all so they can have their Whale Wars show to watch. It's beyond pathetic.

So if I knowingly buy chopped up kidnapped-kid-meat I'm absolved of responsibility because I didn't kidnap them. Genius.

What a stupid comparison. This is exactly the type of kneed jerk reaction Watson Relies upon. You know the whales were not taken in the south, you know the Japanese have nothing to do with this, and rather than put Iceland on the spot and ask them why this excess exists, you would rather let the actual killers go free so you can pursue your personal Japanese agenda.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website,

It will get you another seasons of Whale Wars right?

Pathetic when people push justice aside for a personal agenda. You really need to have a good look at what you think you are doing, you have cetacean support completely back to front. You are a good reason to listen to Japan's argument, it cannot possible be as inane as your above proposal of involving Australia to do your dirty wrk to keep your stupid TV show alive.

Iceland needs to be handed its own ass in court along with Japan.

Wow, look out everyone, we have an Einstein on board!!!!!!

They are in your part of the world, what are you doing? Let me guess, buying up Watsons new DVD season?

Never given a dog a SCHMACKOS have you?

Edited by psyche101

So much for "scientific purposes" behind Japan's whaling. This is abhorrent.

Japan did not kill these whales, I mentioned this in like the third post, the article clearly states that Iceland took the whales from the north. Not sure how you missed it, the thread is like 2 pages long.

Why I'll come off as anti-marriage for opposing shark poachers once Asians are indoctrinated enough into eating it. I couldn't have seen that one coming...

Nope. I can honestly say this has not changed my opinion of your views at all.

I guess Japan missed the southpark episode Whale Whores... it is Cow and Chicken they should be killing now.

South_Park%27s_Enola_Gay.jpg

chicken.png

Edited by psyche101

Oh, but there's people doing something about that? They must be terrorists then. What powers of reason that is.

You seem to get people who are trying to do something about it confused with people making sure those people fail, and they get a TV show with high ratings. If you are listed as terrorists by the International Whaling Commission, and the people who look after Whales ask you to rack off, then you have to have a look at yourself. The people trying to stop whaling have been saying for ages that vigilantes do not help, and anyone can see that in all the decades the SS has been on the water, like 35 years, they have not stopped whaling. But they have developed a high rating TV show. That only aggravate the situation and stuffs it up for the people trying to actually get us back the the 1986 moratorium.

But hey, you get a TV show you just love right?

Here, give this a try instead of asking Australia to go to war in International Waters with Japan, it makes as much sense.

epicwhale.jpg

Edited by psyche101