Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Endangered whale used for Japan dog treats

Still Waters

Yes they do. They are criminals, in violation of multiple laws. The day the Australian Navy shows up on the horizon in front of Hirohito's new fleet is the day Japanese whalers' illegal activities end.

They do not breach Australian waters. You know this but refuse to accept it. That does not change the law, no matter how hard you squint your eyes and wish. Countries are not allowed to just make up new borders and say they own them, if they could, then you might be onto something.

And the topic is not Japanese Whalers, the link states very clearly these whales were taken in the north by Iceland, but you only see those deaths as an opportunity to push your agenda and keep your TV show alive, and if that does not show you that you are a Watson fanatic with an alternate agenda, then I do not know what does.

Edited by psyche101

What a stupid comparison. This is exactly the type of kneed jerk reaction Watson Relies upon. You know the whales were not taken in the south, you know the Japanese have nothing to do with this, and rather than put Iceland on the spot and ask them why this excess exists, you would rather let the actual killers go free so you can pursue your personal Japanese agenda.

Michinoku Farm, a Tokyo-based company, is offering chews made from North Atlantic fin whales on its company website,

It will get you another seasons of Whale Wars right?

Pathetic when people push justice aside for a personal agenda. You really need to have a good look at what you think you are doing, you have cetacean support completely back to front. You are a good reason to listen to Japan's argument, it cannot possible be as inane as your above proposal of involving Australia to do your dirty wrk to keep your stupid TV show alive.

My argument is logical. Buying it =/= "nothing to do with it".

Iceland is on the spot, I'm the one that said to drag their ass to court, what are you flaming your whale-hate at me for?

What is Japan's "argument" as it's relevant to this topic?

They do not breach Australian waters. You know this but refuse to accept it. That does not change the law, no matter how hard you squint your eyes and wish. Countries are not allowed to just make up new borders and say they own them, if they could, then you might be onto something.

And the topic is not Japanese Whalers, the link states very clearly these whales were taken in the north by Iceland, but you only see those deaths as an opportunity to push your agenda and keep your TV show alive, and if that does not show you that you are a Watson fanatic with an alternate agenda, then I do not know what does.

I've already cited the Australian waters they're breaching and you ran from the discussion never to return again. You must be the only Aussie alive who doesn't know where his own waters are and your attitude on this thread shows me you're very bitter from past discussions with me.

Countries make up new borders and say they own them all the time. No borders or countries would exist as they do today if your denials were reality.

You seem to get people who are trying to do something about it confused with people making sure those people fail, and they get a TV show with high ratings. If you are listed as terrorists by the International Whaling Commission, and the people who look after Whales ask you to rack off, then you have to have a look at yourself. The people trying to stop whaling have been saying for ages that vigilantes do not help, and anyone can see that in all the decades the SS has been on the water, like 35 years, they have not stopped whaling. But they have developed a high rating TV show. That only aggravate the situation and stuffs it up for the people trying to actually get us back the the 1986 moratorium.

But hey, you get a TV show you just love right?

Here, give this a try instead of asking Australia to go to war in International Waters with Japan, it makes as much sense.

epicwhale.jpg

The resident mouthpiece of the IWC. What a lame excuse for a bureaucracy. Supporting that ahead of the oceans you cluelessly rely on for your very survival is one of the worst examples of statism around.

There's no argument about it. Japanese whale poachers are killing whales in a whale sanctuary. I already asked you what part of the word sanctuary you couldn't understand and you couldn't answer the question, and the reason you lick up to them is because they're rich on the toil and sweat of the Japanese taxpayer. They're not some poor black guy in a rusty pickup truck with a rifle who got a bullet in his head for his trouble that I never heard you whining about terrorism for.

Your beautiful country is taking Japan to court. Grovel with it.

Of course Japan needs to be help resonsible just like Iceland. If you are one of the major buyers of this meat, you are involved. Similar to Florida's python problem. Just because Florida has an issue, doesn't mean the problem is only a South American one. The buyer is also responsible.

• Like 1

Very sad these people are killing these whales,

I hope karma comes back takes care of the people of japan

It's not the people of Japan who are at fault. I think implying that we might enforce an embargo against the nation of Japan for one of its government's sleazy little interests is a misguided approach towards justice. It is the Japanese government that needs that karma coolguy, not the people. Not the whale meat eaters either, who are largely old guards from the imperial days, and the children who were the most indoctrinated by them. They're the pawns in this charade, not the chessmasters. One could also call them the customers, but they live by their own laws.

This a special interest being subsidized by the Japanese government for a very small segment of the Japanese population. Japan is able to print infinite amounts of money and enslave its population in debt. Japanese people aren't guilty, they're just ignorant of the racket they're going to be the ones paying the price for later. When you show them the horror that's being done all over the internet (erroneously in their name), they don't want anything to do with it. Japanese people are proud and cultural, and also proud of their culture. So there is ideological support for what their government is doing even if they wouldn't eat whale meat themselves. I will defer to anyone with personal experience in Japanese culture, but it seems to me that they identify more with what I'll call "cultural rights" as opposed to our civil or individual ones in America.

Blaming the people of Japan for Japanese whaling is like blaming Americans for US foreign policy. America should be the land of the free where we can debate and discuss the issues of the day freely and openly. Doing that, we'll set the gold standard for the rest of the world who will hopefully want to emulate us. For now, I believe that communicating with Japan (versus punishing Japan) is the best way forward to end whaling for good. But I'd love to hear others' opinions because this is as a good a place as any to open up the floor for everyone to weigh in. I'm loving the comments so far for the most part.

The Japanese government has the power to end whaling overnight. That's the institution that must be impressed upon. This kind of news story will give whaling proponents the opportunity to point out that Japan isn't the only one whaling. It's the kind of story that could work in the Japanese government's favor from a political standpoint. It's already produced a claim right here that Japan has "nothing to do with it." But the soul of Hirohito lives on in a government gone wild, investing in the economics of extinction.

To me the choice on this issue is simple: Either we save our dying oceans (of which this issue is but one part of) or Japanese people (and now dogs apparently) can dine on whale meat.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 1

My argument is logical. Buying it =/= "nothing to do with it".

Iceland is on the spot, I'm the one that said to drag their ass to court, what are you flaming your whale-hate at me for?

What is Japan's "argument" as it's relevant to this topic?

No it is not, you are as bad as the media, this has nothing at all to do with Japan's whaling operations, yet they are the focus of the poorly written article. You are letting the real killers go scott free so you may pursue your agenda and keep your TV show alive.

I've already cited the Australian waters they're breaching and you ran from the discussion never to return again. You must be the only Aussie alive who doesn't know where his own waters are and your attitude on this thread shows me you're very bitter from past discussions with me.

Countries make up new borders and say they own them all the time. No borders or countries would exist as they do today if your denials were reality.

I did not run from any discussion, if you eventually returned when you felt it was safe and I had not been around for a bit, so be it. I told you I was not going to keep going around the same crap. I gave you maps, I showed you the laws, yet you blindly kept insisting sovereignty is breached when it clearly was not at all. You are not an Aussie, we do not want your help, or Watsons, why dont you worry about the Icelandic Norther Whaling operations that actually killed the whales in this article instead of your rants against the nation of Japan.

No, countries do not "make up borders" all the time, and if they do, the globe does not recognise it. That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read.

I hope Karma comes and gets you too. Japan did not kill the whales in this article, ICELAND did. You are wrongfully accusing an entire nation. That's a lot of Karma.

Did anyone read the article at the link at all?

Edited by psyche101

I did not run from any discussion, if you eventually returned when you felt it was safe and I had not been around for a bit, so be it. I told you I was not going to keep going around the same crap. I gave you maps, I showed you the laws, yet you blindly kept insisting sovereignty is breached when it clearly was not at all. You are not an Aussie, we do not want your help, or Watsons, why dont you worry about the Icelandic Norther Whaling operations that actually killed the whales in this article instead of your rants against the nation of Japan.

No, countries do not "make up borders" all the time, and if they do, the globe does not recognise it. That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read.

I've never ranted about the nation of Japan, and I'm worried about all whaling. You didn't show me anything comprehensive. Did Iceland whale in a sanctuary or did they whale in their own waters? If you want to compare these legally in an accurate way such differences need to be considered.

Governments make up all the borders of the world bar none. It's not an ignorant statement it's a fact. You don't recognize your own for whatever reason.

I posted the links of Australian waters and whatever your excuse is for not showing up, I couldn't care less. The fact remains you didn't reply. It's still sitting there today, as unanswered as ever.

Edited by Yamato

No it is not, you are as bad as the media, this has nothing at all to do with Japan's whaling operations, yet they are the focus of the poorly written article. You are letting the real killers go scott free so you may pursue your agenda and keep your TV show alive.

That TV show had a season in the Faeroes and if their meager resources afford another Atlantic campaign, I'll be pleased as hell. This isn't the thread for endless banter and blather about Japanese whaling. There's another thread for that topic which you're well aware of.

The resident mouthpiece of the IWC. What a lame excuse for a bureaucracy. Supporting that ahead of the oceans you cluelessly rely on for your very survival is one of the worst examples of statism around.

So you simply have a problem with authority do you? The entire world voted these people as the custodians, but because they do not like your favourite TV show, you think they are nefarious.

Ohhh Satanism, so you still believe in fairy tales as well then? Explains a lot.

There's no argument about it. Japanese whale poachers are killing whales in a whale sanctuary.

Legally with a permit.

I already asked you what part of the word sanctuary you couldn't understand and you couldn't answer the question, and the reason you lick up to them is because they're rich on the toil and sweat of the Japanese taxpayer.

Yes I did answer the question, and tried to help you understand law, which is where things fell apart. You seem to think you can make your own laws as your go along. Never understood how you came to that inane conclusion.

Rich on the toil of the Japanese taxpayer? What in earth are you on about? I think your violent reactions propagated by that moron Watson, who cares more about his face on TV than any whale, are a red neck backwards way to tackle the situation, and have proven to only worsen the situation for the long term. I told you why Australia cannot and should not act alone, but you gutless sonders seem to think the Aussies should start a war over this, whilst you sit back and watch. No thanks. Get of your own backside and do your own dirty work, and stop telling Aussies to do it for you. Again, the whales in Question where taken by ICELAND in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE so what did you do? where was your hero Watson? To bussy harassing Aussies to do your dirty work I take it.

They're not some poor black guy in a rusty pickup truck with a rifle who got a bullet in his head for his trouble that I never heard you whining about terrorism for.

The elephant poachers? The Rhino Poachers? Who? You're pretty short on specifics for someone who clams to have an interest in wildlife protection.

Probably because you do not actually have a point I am guessing?

Your beautiful country is taking Japan to court. Grovel with it.

And if GREENPEACE test results come through, they might have a chance. Seems to be much more effective than throwing stinky butter at them for over a decade wouldn't you say? Because GREENPEACE want to have an impact in the environment, not the telly.

So you simply have a problem with authority do you? The entire world voted these people as the custodians, but because they do not like your favourite TV show, you think they are nefarious.

Ohhh Satanism, so you still believe in fairy tales as well then? Explains a lot.

Legally with a permit.

Yes I did answer the question, and tried to help you understand law, which is where things fell apart. You seem to think you can make your own laws as your go along. Never understood how you came to that inane conclusion.

Rich on the toil of the Japanese taxpayer? What in earth are you on about? I think your violent reactions propagated by that moron Watson, who cares more about his face on TV than any whale, are a red neck backwards way to tackle the situation, and have proven to only worsen the situation for the long term. I told you why Australia cannot and should not act alone, but you gutless sonders seem to think the Aussies should start a war over this, whilst you sit back and watch. No thanks. Get of your own backside and do your own dirty work, and stop telling Aussies to do it for you. Again, the whales in Question where taken by ICELAND in the NORTHERN HEMISPHERE so what did you do? where was your hero Watson? To bussy harassing Aussies to do your dirty work I take it.

The elephant poachers? The Rhino Poachers? Who? You're pretty short on specifics for someone who clams to have an interest in wildlife protection.

Probably because you do not actually have a point I am guessing?

And if GREENPEACE test results come through, they might have a chance. Seems to be much more effective than throwing stinky butter at them for over a decade wouldn't you say? Because GREENPEACE want to have an impact in the environment, not the telly.

The Australian Exclusive Economic Zone, The Australian Antarctic Territory, The Southern Ocean Whale Sanctuary, the Global Moratorium on Commercial Whaling, the World Charter for Nature. We have all the rules and regulations and territory we need to shut down Japanese whaling for good. All we lack is enforcement. Kudos to Australia for courageously standing up on this issue.

Of course Japan needs to be help resonsible just like Iceland. If you are one of the major buyers of this meat, you are involved. Similar to Florida's python problem. Just because Florida has an issue, doesn't mean the problem is only a South American one. The buyer is also responsible.

This has nothing to do with Japans Southern Whaling Operations Myles, these Whales were caught in the North by Iceland, Japan has been thrown into the story just to sell the headline. I think we should be taking note of that, and asking Iceland why is there an excess of whale meat?

Not only did Japan withdraw the contract over this - LINK within hours of hearing about the controversy, but IKAN, the people who ousted this are Japan Based!!!! LINK

TOKYO: The Animal Welfare Institute (AWI), Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA), Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC) and the Iruka & Kujira [Dolphin & Whale] Action Network (IKAN) welcome a Japanese company’s decision to stop selling pet treats made from endangered fin whales.

The four organisations yesterday expressed dismay that Icelandic whaling company Hvalur hf was exporting fin whale meat to Japan where it was being manufactured into dog snacks.

The press release highlighted Japanese pet food company Michinoku Farms, which sold imported Icelandic fin whale ‘jerky’ as pet treats.

However, within hours of the release Michinoku Farms removed the products from sale.

Takuma Konno, President of Michinoku Farms, was reported by international news agency AFP as stating that his company was selling a product that was legal in Japan but would nevertheless be withdrawing the jerky from sale.

“Maybe I was ignorant of the debate (about whaling), but it’s not worth selling the product if it risks disturbing some people,” he said.

Icelandic fin whale has been sold in Japan for human consumption since 2008, but its use in pet food suggests that new markets are being explored. Iceland is currently preparing to hunt more than 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market.

What is Iruka & Kujira Action Network (IKAN)?

To Japanese people, where the land is surrounded by the seas, dolphins and whales had long been another inexhaustible resource. However, as the time changed, people's range of activities expanded and it has become clear that human activities are threatening the lives of other animals and that the consequences will affect the lives of our future generations.

Today, marine organisms are faced with many threats such as increasing water temperature due to climate change, ocean acidification, and pollution. Dolphins and whales are no exception, and their lives cast significant meaning to our future as they are the key species in the marine ecosystems that we depend on.

For that reason, we have been actively working towards our goal mainly in Japan to create a world where humans can coexist with other animals including dolphins and whales.

But Michinoku Farm products are sold in the US as well. Not hearing much about that are we.

This has nothing to do with Japans Southern Whaling Operations Myles, these Whales were caught in the North by Iceland, Japan has been thrown into the story just to sell the headline. I think we should be taking note of that, and asking Iceland why is there an excess of whale meat?

Not only did Japan withdraw the contract over this - LINK within hours of hearing about the controversy, but IKAN, the people who ousted this are Japan Based!!!! LINK

TOKYO: The Animal Welfare Institute (AWI), Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA), Whale and Dolphin Conservation (WDC) and the Iruka & Kujira [Dolphin & Whale] Action Network (IKAN) welcome a Japanese company’s decision to stop selling pet treats made from endangered fin whales.

The four organisations yesterday expressed dismay that Icelandic whaling company Hvalur hf was exporting fin whale meat to Japan where it was being manufactured into dog snacks.

The press release highlighted Japanese pet food company Michinoku Farms, which sold imported Icelandic fin whale ‘jerky’ as pet treats.

However, within hours of the release Michinoku Farms removed the products from sale.

Takuma Konno, President of Michinoku Farms, was reported by international news agency AFP as stating that his company was selling a product that was legal in Japan but would nevertheless be withdrawing the jerky from sale.

“Maybe I was ignorant of the debate (about whaling), but it’s not worth selling the product if it risks disturbing some people,” he said.

Icelandic fin whale has been sold in Japan for human consumption since 2008, but its use in pet food suggests that new markets are being explored. Iceland is currently preparing to hunt more than 180 fin whales in 2013 for this export market.

What is Iruka & Kujira Action Network (IKAN)?

To Japanese people, where the land is surrounded by the seas, dolphins and whales had long been another inexhaustible resource. However, as the time changed, people's range of activities expanded and it has become clear that human activities are threatening the lives of other animals and that the consequences will affect the lives of our future generations.

Today, marine organisms are faced with many threats such as increasing water temperature due to climate change, ocean acidification, and pollution. Dolphins and whales are no exception, and their lives cast significant meaning to our future as they are the key species in the marine ecosystems that we depend on.

For that reason, we have been actively working towards our goal mainly in Japan to create a world where humans can coexist with other animals including dolphins and whales.

But Michinoku Farm products are sold in the US as well. Not hearing much about that are we.

Myles said the buyer is also responsible. You don't seem to be able to acknowledge that. And why would the US or anyone else be exempt from that buyer's remorse? Are American dogs eating Fin whale? That's a story that should break and break hard.

I've never ranted about the nation of Japan, and I'm worried about all whaling.

Explain your bizarre comment about taxpayers then. That is the nation of Japan you do realise?

You do not give a damn outside of Watson's show, every-time I tried to show you how poor Aussie cetacean management is, and how New Zealand is leaps and bounds ahead, and how it is a political playpiece to be bandied for votes and you insist on talking Japan's actions. By doing nothing at all, Australia is just as bad as Japan. India just said they were going to Ban Dolphin parks, heard such news from Australia yet??

Elections in September, how convenient that the Government just happens to be going to court with Japan right now huh? And after how many years of it languishing in courts? Co-incidence? I think not.

You didn't show me anything comprehensive.

Then you must have had your eyes closed. I gave you maps, links, laws regulations. charters. and procedures. If you did not understand them just say so.

Did Iceland whale in a sanctuary or did they whale in their own waters? If you want to compare these legally in an accurate way such differences need to be considered.

So you think some whaling is OK do you?

But your not a blind Watson fan are you LOL ohh nooo

Governments make up all the borders of the world bar none. It's not an ignorant statement it's a fact. You don't recognize your own for whatever reason.

What a load of ignorant crap.

I recognise actual laws, the ones you talk about are the same ones that people buy land on the moon with. But that does seem to be the crowd you tend to favour being a fan of the pirates and all.

Hey, I might go home tonight and inform the neighbours that they are out of a home, as I am claiming their land as mine. That's how you reckon it works dont you?

I posted the links of Australian waters and whatever your excuse is for not showing up, I could care less. The fact remains you didn't reply. It's still sitting there today, unanswered as ever.

I gave you the official maps from the Australian Government website with links, if you cannot wrap your head around the pretty pictures, not sure what else I can do to help you. You replying with "is not" does not constitute a valid rebuttal. Even if it seems to in your own mind.

GA17422.gif

GA17423.gif

GA17424.gif

The above form here - LINK Australian Government Geoscience Australia Maritime Boundary Definitions

Regurgitating Watsons rubbish does not constitute law. Incase you did not know that. Hopefully the colours will assist you with your navigation of Australia's recognised territorial claim.

Myles said the buyer is also responsible. You don't seem to be able to acknowledge that. And why would the US or anyone else be exempt from that buyer's remorse? Are American dogs eating Fin whale? That's a story that should break and break hard.

What buyer?

LINK - Japanese company withdraws fin whale ‘jerky’ pet treats

The Japanese whalers being vilified in the article are not involved in this transaction in any way, and never were, what do they have to do with this? The sale that has fallen through was initially negotiated by Michinoku Farm. Hell, for all we know it could even have been a US branch of Michinoku Farm that originally set up the deal. Wouldn't that be embarrassing?

The Japanese" which refer to the people alo have nothing to do with this. You stereotyping an entire nation or something?

Edited by psyche101

Iceland to Resume the Slaughter of Endangered Fin Whales

It was one of these magical days at sea. The ship I worked on had left the King Penguin colonies and sea elephant haul-outs of the sub-Antarctic island of South Georgia behind, and we were steaming northeast to another South Atlantic wildlife pearl: Gough Island.

There was no wind at all, very rare in these ‘furious fifties,’ and the sea was flat as a mirror. In these conditions, it is easy to spot wildlife and a blow in the distance spelled big whale. We slowed down and after a while came to a stop as first one, then two and later five fin whales moved in the direction of the ship. They are sometimes seen as a single individual or as a mother and calf couple, but usually they travel in small groups like this one. Where feeding is good, these groups can come together to number over a hundred.

As far as we know, these are the second largest animals ever to have lived on the planet after the blue whale. For the 20-plus meter length and 75-ton weight these pelagic mammals can reach, they are extremely elegant, streamlined and fast. Normally they avoid ships or are indifferent to them, but sometimes they will race vessels, smashing into waves on a parallel course at a safe distance. They reach speeds up to 40-kilometers-per-hour and can easily outrun my ship. This speed enabled them to avoid the mass extermination that befell the slower right whale species until the advent of steam, and later, diesel engines, the invention of the explosive harpoon and the introduction of factory ships.

In the 1950s and early 1960s, 30,000 fin whales were killed each year. Between 1905 and 1976, 725,000 fin whales were reportedly caught in the Southern Ocean, 74,000 in the North Pacific between (1910-1975) and 55,000 in the North Atlantic (1910-1989).

For the rest of the article:

http://www.seashephe...-fin-whales-608

What buyer?

LINK - Japanese company withdraws fin whale ‘jerky’ pet treats

The Japanese whalers being vilified in the article are not involved in this transaction in any way, and never were, what do they have to do with this? The sale that has fallen through was initially negotiated by Michinoku Farm. Hell, for all we know it could even have been a US branch of Michinoku Farm that originally set up the deal. Wouldn't that be embarrassing?

The Japanese" which refer to the people alo have nothing to do with this. You stereotyping an entire nation or something?

ANY buyer. If you have evidence that American dogs are eating Fin whale as you said, cite it.

Explain your bizarre comment about taxpayers then. That is the nation of Japan you do realise?

You do not give a damn outside of Watson's show, every-time I tried to show you how poor Aussie cetacean management is, and how New Zealand is leaps and bounds ahead, and how it is a political playpiece to be bandied for votes and you insist on talking Japan's actions. By doing nothing at all, Australia is just as bad as Japan. India just said they were going to Ban Dolphin parks, heard such news from Australia yet??

Elections in September, how convenient that the Government just happens to be going to court with Japan right now huh? And after how many years of it languishing in courts? Co-incidence? I think not.

Then you must have had your eyes closed. I gave you maps, links, laws regulations. charters. and procedures. If you did not understand them just say so.

So you think some whaling is OK do you?

But your not a blind Watson fan are you LOL ohh nooo

What a load of ignorant crap.

I recognise actual laws, the ones you talk about are the same ones that people buy land on the moon with. But that does seem to be the crowd you tend to favour being a fan of the pirates and all.

Hey, I might go home tonight and inform the neighbours that they are out of a home, as I am claiming their land as mine. That's how you reckon it works dont you?

I gave you the official maps from the Australian Government website with links, if you cannot wrap your head around the pretty pictures, not sure what else I can do to help you. You replying with "is not" does not constitute a valid rebuttal. Even if it seems to in your own mind.

GA17422.gif

GA17423.gif

GA17424.gif

The above form here - LINK Australian Government Geoscience Australia Maritime Boundary Definitions

Regurgitating Watsons rubbish does not constitute law. Incase you did not know that. Hopefully the colours will assist you with your navigation of Australia's recognised territorial claim.

Okay, so you have some maps referring to the Exclusive Economic Zone. What are you disputing that I said? Please quote me, so you don't make up my position for me any longer.

Edited by Yamato

That TV show had a season in the Faeroes and if their meager resources afford another Atlantic campaign, I'll be pleased as hell. This isn't the thread for endless banter and blather about Japanese whaling. There's another thread for that topic which you're well aware of.

Of course you would, you do not care about cetaceans, you care about Whale Wars. Personally, I'd rather see Japan get back to the negotiating tabel, and answer the questions that need asking. Chasing them around the ocean throwing stinky butter at them has not stopped whaling, it's just making sure it will happen again next year.

Lets hope the great effort GREENPEACE put into their sting operation proving Whale meat is sold in restaurants, proving the the excuse of scientific research is a scam, has some impact in an International court. Then supposedly, we will both get what we want, no more whales will be killed, and I will be happy to see Watson exit stage left and stop aggravating a bad situation and you can stop asking Aussies to go to war for some stupid ideal you dreamed up.

But you will be down a TV show, so we cannot have that now can we. What on earth will you start new threads about then?

Of course you would, you do not care about cetaceans, you care about Whale Wars. Personally, I'd rather see Japan get back to the negotiating tabel, and answer the questions that need asking. Chasing them around the ocean throwing stinky butter at them has not stopped whaling, it's just making sure it will happen again next year.

Lets hope the great effort GREENPEACE put into their sting operation proving Whale meat is sold in restaurants, proving the the excuse of scientific research is a scam, has some impact in an International court. Then supposedly, we will both get what we want, no more whales will be killed, and I will be happy to see Watson exit stage left and stop aggravating a bad situation and you can stop asking Aussies to go to war for some stupid ideal you dreamed up.

But you will be down a TV show, so we cannot have that now can we. What on earth will you start new threads about then?

Don't tell me about what I care about pal. You know nothing about me. Asking ridiculous questions like "What on earth would I start threads about then?" proves it.

ANY buyer. If you have evidence that American dogs are eating Fin whale as you said, cite it.

There is NO Buyer ATM is there? Iceland will have to feed their dogs triple this year wont they. Isn't that what you wanted, the Japanese to take responsibility? When they do, you're still not happy?

Smells like personal agenda. Maybe something to do with keeping a pathetic TV show afloat I am guessing.

Okay, so you have some maps referring to the Exclusive Economic Zone. What are you disputing that I said? Please quote me, so you don't make up my position for me any longer.

Because you said Australian Sovereign waters are being breached, this shows you where our waters are, and that they are not being breached, this is our waters, just like I asked you in the last thread, can you make some marks on it that show where Japan are breaching our waters? That is why you want us to send out Navy out is it not?

I honestly thought that did not need in depth explaining.