Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

TV show casting calls

Saru

Every so often we receive casting calls from TV show producers on various networks who are looking for people with stories, expertise or experiences to actually appear on their shows. As this may represent a significant opportunity for some of our visitors I thought I'd create a thread here dedicated to these so that we can get the word out to anyone who is interested.

Please do not use this thread to advertise a product, to ask for participation in offsite petitions or to ask members to e-mail personal stories for research projects, other sites, blogs etc. - this thread is for TV casting calls only.

If you do happen to go in for any of these opportunities, here's wishing you the best of luck !

• Like 3

Here's a call looking for experiencers for a Discovery Channel series:

Have you encountered a monster? Are you someone willing to share the details of an out-in-out terrifying experience with a monster or mystery? Do you live in an area of America where a legendary beast, supernatural creature, alien life form, demon, or devil is rumored to live? Has a family member ever told you details of their own amazing encounter with a monster?

If so, we want to document your experience for a popular Discovery Channel series.

We need your stories soon for our upcoming season.

Please contact our researchers at MonsterMyst@yahoo.com

I believe the series is Monsters and Mysteries in America.

• Like 1

Another one looking for people with true crime experiences:

A major NYC production company is looking for people in the NY, NJ, PA or CT area with their terrifying, true crime stories. We are looking for people who have experienced a scary movie in real life. These people would be willing to tell their story on-camera.

If you have a story, we would LOVE to hear it! Please email at trueterrifyingstories@gmail.com!

• Haha 1

can some of us go on there to debunk?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

can some of us go on there to debunk?

If a specific casting call is asking for people to debunk a topic then sure, but I can't see that happening too often.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another one looking for people with true crime experiences:

Hmmm,is being caught in a hold up and having a gun pointed at you scary enough ? I hit the guy a actually .....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone at UM,

I'm a NYC based Television Producer, working with one of the major cable networks to produce the Pilot for a new series.

I'm currently casting people who would like to participate in a group reading with our well-known and respected Medium. We'll be filming up in Yonkers, NY on July 16th (night shoot) at an old abandoned hotel. And we're looking for a mixed group: Skeptic, or believer, male or female, single or couple, of any age – we’re mostly looking for real people that have some personal experience with a paranormal activity/haunting, or are unsure of what they experienced, but are looking to delve deeper. This will be a non-airing Pilot, to show the network "what we're able to get" in terms of paranormal activity, but win or lose it should be a lot of fun for those who come out to participate.

Anyone who is interested should email Haunting.Casting123@gmail.com with the information listed below:

- Photo (And/or any video)

- First name, age, occupation

- Short description of past experience(s) with the paranormal

- Are you available on July 16
th
(night time shoot)?

- How comfortable do you feel on camera?

- Best means of contacting you

If there are any questions feel free to ask, though due to non-disclosure agreements, I can only give so much detail. For those interested, please make sure to provide proper contact information so we can be in touch to coordinate transportation.

Thank you everyone! Hope to see some of you soon,
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I'm a producer based in South Florida, working with a broadcast network distribution company to produce episodes for a paranormal t.v show. Our show is called R.I.P (Research and Investigations of the Paranormal) . It's a show that dives into paranormal investigation but with an emphasis on spirituality. The lead team of the show are called the R.I.P Hunters. The team along with the assistance of their spiritual mediator assist everyday people in resolving paranormal issues.

Currently casting for people who would like to be part of future episodes of the show. Looking for mixed group, from all walks of life and diverse religious or non-religious beliefs. Seeking to overall help those in need of resolving any paranormal issue that may be occurring at their place of residence or business.

This show is currently non-airing, a pilot episode has already been shot and working on continuing producing and filming episodes with the prospects of a major network to pick up. Overall the team and show creator wishes to reach out to the public, assist in any paranormal activity, and to share experience.

Anyone interested please contact at riptvshow@gmail.com with the listed information.

-Photo and/or Video

-Name, Age

-Description of paranormal activity currently experiencing

-Proper and best ways to contact

-Answering the question are you willing to be filmed on camera.

If you like more information on the R.I.P Hunters and the TV Show please visit the websites below.

-RIP Hunters website: www.riphunters.com

-TV Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/riptvshow

-RIP Hunters Meet Up page: www.meetup.com/riphunters

Check out the trailer:

http://youtu.be/AqA-vTyAjuk

Thank you for your time, look forward to hearing from you.

post-142813-0-94212200-1381189436_thumb.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Also like to add specifically we are seeking to cast people having issues, experiences in relation to the paranormal whom wish to have a team of investigators come in and investigate. If replying to the above casting PLEASE message back stating that you are responding to the thread on unexplained-mysteries.com

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a call looking for experiencers for a Discovery Channel series:

I believe the series is Monsters and Mysteries in America.

I actually truly enjoyed that show. To bad it only aired 4 episodes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I work for an international television production company. We've been asked to find talent for new series for USA, Canada, UK, Asia and Australian networks. We're looking for authentic and inspiring people who eat, sleep and breathe adventure/survival, engineering/cool science, animal/natural world, and paranormal/magic/supernatural. It'd be great if anyone out there in these forums got in touch.

Whether you're the next Bear Grylls, or Professor Brian Cox I'd love to hear from you if you have a brilliantly unique job or way of life.

Thanks for reading.

LV

• Like 2

Sent you a personal message.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there.

im the founder of the paranormal magazine

BBC America have contacted me, and are looking to film Paranormal teams all over the UK,

I have a contact form here from them.

they will be filming from March to May.

If any teams would like the publicity please PM me, or post here and I will contact you with the info you need.

-

They are looking to film an interview, and film an investigation, so you must have a venue already, and must be indoor.

Thank you. and good luck on the exciting opportunity all.

• 4 weeks later...

My name is Starr, I work for Varuna Entertainment, a television production company in Los Angeles. We are currently developing a documentary series for a nationwide cable network about people who have experienced firsthand accounts with swamp monsters in Louisiana. We're looking for people who have seen monsters such as the Rougarou, the Grunch, or the Tainted Keitre. If you have personally seen a monster in a Louisiana swamp or know someone that has, please send your story to me directly at shardin@VarunaTV.com.

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Unexplained Mysteries Forum Members. I am very excited to be a part of these discussions.

My name is Robert DeRoeck, and I am here because I want to generate awareness for a brand new tv show I have been hired to cast. This program is the first of its kind to be aired on a major network during prime time, which is very cool.

Currently, I am looking for individuals and couples who are subjected to strange, unexplainable events in their homes. At this time, all applicants must live within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA.

MAJOR NETWORK ANNOUNCES NATIONWIDE SEARCH FOR SUPERNATURAL OCCURRENCES

An intense search is now underway to find couples or individuals who are experiencing unexplained, perhaps supernatural occurrences to participate in a ground-breaking new program.

This new program will feature a team who will engage in the comprehensive outfitting of your home using never-before-seen, cutting-edge technology and equipment. As our team takes a hard look at “cases of the unexplained,” our selected participants may finally find the answers to questions they’ve been asking for years.

“It’s not enough for our candidates to have a story of an unexplained ‘bump in the night,’ or a photo with what looks like a thumbprint on the lens,” says an Executive Producer on the project. “Rather, our candidates will have genuine, hand-wringing concern for mysterious occurrences that have haunted them for years.”

Casting Directors from Metal Flowers Media are currently seeking candidates to participate in this highly selective project. Individuals or couples who are currently experiencing an unexplained phenomenon – one that they ardently and passionately believe is otherworldly - are encouraged to apply. Each participant must have a credible story and be legitimately concerned and eager to engage and encourage these paranormal occurrences.

To apply, please email Casting Directors: casting@metalflowersmedia.com. Include the following: name, age, occupation, a brief description of yourself and your story, how long this has been happening, any explanation you have (if any), a photo, and your contact information.

You may also apply online at www.metalflowersmedia.com

And you may learn more at www.facebook.com/metalflowersmedia.

You may also reach me directly at robert@metalflowersmedia.com

This is the opportunity of a lifetime for the right couple or individual.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had a weird or unusual experience while driving on I-4 through the Dead Zone? If you have an interesting story, we'd like to hear about it for a new tv series about local legends. Please email me at LCarlson@SirensMedia.com

Never had an issue in the so called dead zone near the St. John's. I've heard a lot of stories about accidents, no cell coverage, etc. I have no personal experience regarding this, but it is very real.

• 4 weeks later...

TV CASTING CALL: FEMALE PARANORMAL INVESTIGATOR

Major production company seeks female Ghost Hunter/Paranormal Investigator for a new adventure reality series.

Requirements: Must be female between the ages of 25-45; must have experience in paranormal investigation, taking EMF readings, thermographic footage, etc.; must be passionate, outgoing, confident, & enthusiastic about the paranormal world; looking for big personalities that are comfortable in front of the camera.

If you are interested, please email us photos and a description of you and your paranormal investigation background and experience. Include relevant links if possible. MUST have paranormal experience to be considered. Serious inquiries only please.

castingcallinbox [at] gmail [dot] com

When people post casting calls, can you please post links to the production company and other misc links proving to be a legit casting call?

• 2 months later...

MTV is seeking parents/ family members that have a MAJOR family LIE or SECRET to reveal to their teen (18-24) to take part in a new documentary series.

MTV is accepting all types of stories, especially something that involves dishonesty. Possible storylines include: telling a teen they are adopted or that one or more parent is not biological, revealing a secret family past, revealing that Uncle Kenny is not really living abroad but is in jail for murder, coming out of the closet to a teen, revealing a second family or family member they never knew existed, something that happened to them when they were little that they are unaware of, etc.

If you have an interesting secret, we would love to hear from you!

Or if you suspect your family is keeping a secret/lying to you, feel free to reach out!

To apply: email your age, name, picture and brief story about the secret to Austin.Vuz@OffTheFence.com

Sounds truly lovely! I'm sure the sensitive, struggling, emotional, hormonal, average teen will fare well. I can't think of anything more fun for a teenager than to be put on the spot on national TV to hear about a deep dark family secret.

Aw heck, they'll probably even look back one day and laugh

. :td: :td: :td:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

If this thread is still open and looking for a story to investigate or help. This one may require someone who knows the occult or demonology.

MTV is seeking parents/ family members that have a MAJOR family LIE or SECRET to reveal to their teen (18-24) to take part in a new documentary series.

MTV is accepting all types of stories, especially something that involves dishonesty. Possible storylines include: telling a teen they are adopted or that one or more parent is not biological, revealing a secret family past, revealing that Uncle Kenny is not really living abroad but is in jail for murder, coming out of the closet to a teen, revealing a second family or family member they never knew existed, something that happened to them when they were little that they are unaware of, etc.

If you have an interesting secret, we would love to hear from you!

Or if you suspect your family is keeping a secret/lying to you, feel free to reach out!

To apply: email your age, name, picture and brief story about the secret to Austin.Vuz@OffTheFence.com

Sort of like the Jeremy kyle show, but instead of a DNA test you have a lie detector instead to back up them up....and of course a few heavies on state by for when the teen goes ape s***?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I am new on this forum, and have signed up to hopefully connect with people who have interesting stories they would like to share.

I am traveling around California and shooting video footage to compile into a TV pilot, of people and their stories pertaining to unsolved mysteries and paranormal activity.

The video documentation would consist of me interviewing you in the comforts of your own home, or work. And then conducting reenactment of the event(s) as they happened.

If interested, please get in touch with me explaining your story and providing your contact information so I can connect.

Thanks for reading!

Nathan

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned