Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

still being haunted

floatinorb

the house I moved my family in was a new start for us I thought. My older boys then were 8 and 9 they were at school when I first started hearing ""mommy"".comming from the back end of the house I dismissed it as being all in my head. As weeks went by and we were all settled and comfortable in the house things started black shadows from the boys room to my room while I was sitting in the bathroom washing the kids and it was so quick I thought Iwas my hair in my face.then my boys were seeing things telling me they can't sleep.knocking on wall while I'm doing dishes out of no where scaring me out of my mind.I remember my sons hamster got loose and went behind the stove and it came out screching and cut and bleeding.I've never witnessed such a thing maybe it got stuck who knows. My 8 month old daughter got hit by a car in the driveway of the home and the banging on the walls increased .the kids and I were devastated still to this day. I always wondered it the black shadow we all have seen had caused all this I know it sounds nuts is this thing cause her to die or is this holding her their. I try to hold my faith that she's not in the house its hard to when there was so much activity surrounding her death that I feel it did it to our family.I've heard it likes the weak and small. Were long gone out of there boys are 16,14 and its still seems like yesterday we were all huddled together not wanting to see what that was. I've never spoken to this to the public and was hoping I wasn't alone or going crazy.thank you.

the house I moved my family in was a new start for us I thought. My older boys then were 8 and 9 they were at school when I first started hearing ""mommy"".comming from the back end of the house I dismissed it as being all in my head. As weeks went by and we were all settled and comfortable in the house things started black shadows from the boys room to my room while I was sitting in the bathroom washing the kids and it was so quick I thought Iwas my hair in my face.then my boys were seeing things telling me they can't sleep.knocking on wall while I'm doing dishes out of no where scaring me out of my mind.I remember my sons hamster got loose and went behind the stove and it came out screching and cut and bleeding.I've never witnessed such a thing maybe it got stuck who knows. My 8 month old daughter got hit by a car in the driveway of the home and the banging on the walls increased .the kids and I were devastated still to this day. I always wondered it the black shadow we all have seen had caused all this I know it sounds nuts is this thing cause her to die or is this holding her their. I try to hold my faith that she's not in the house its hard to when there was so much activity surrounding her death that I feel it did it to our family.I've heard it likes the weak and small. Were long gone out of there boys are 16,14 and its still seems like yesterday we were all huddled together not wanting to see what that was. I've never spoken to this to the public and was hoping I wasn't alone or going crazy.thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Moving is a stressful experience even if you want to move. From the way you describe it you feel you had a lot riding on the move, "a new start". That statement may mean there had been a lot of stress prior to the move and adding importance of a new start adds stress not relieves it. http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_signs.htm a site that talks about some of the causes of stress and its symptoms.

I can offer alternate explanations like the hamster, it could have cut itself while in the walls on nails or fighting with other rodents (mice or rats) while out of its cage. The thumping and banging in the walls may also have been caused by rodents. Your children being affected could have been from being in a new surroundings and getting used to the new noises of the home.

I am sorry about your daughter. It must be very hard! What may help you is to talk with a grief counselor. In my honest opinion I don't think that holding on to the guilt is good and talking with someone about the loss could help you put the experiences into perspective. Even if some aspects were paranormal who is to say that it wasn't a warning rather than something ill intended toward you or your family. Also just because two things happen doesn't mean they are related. You could loose your keys and have a paranormal experience but loosing your keys may not be related to the paranormal event.

Mabon.

• Like 1

I agree. You should seek grief counseling. The entire family would benefit from it.

I am sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine losing one of my children.

• Like 1

While all of this sounds like it might be a legitimate haunting, I think you might be putting too much thought into the fact of something "holding" your daughter there. Chances are it was probably just a random and tragic event that happened for whatever reason, I highly doubt that anything that may or may not be around your house was the cause of it.

I'd have to agree with a few other posters when they suggested a grief counselor. It would probably help you a lot with getting over such a horrific tragedy as well as the other things that are burdening you and your family right now. It probably wouldn't be the worst idea to move, it would get you away from all the sadness, the memories and the paranoia of something going on in that house.

Sincerely wishing you the best of luck.

I'd hear my kids voices calling to me when they were in danger, but it was never them who had called me. It was their guardian angels I'm sure.

Grief counsellors might be okay but it could be like hiring a nanny. You never know if you're getting a psycho killer or a 100% nice person. A woman I know went to a psychologist or something like that for grief counselling & he put her under hypnosis & raped her at every visit.

Edited by Perfection

You don't have to be hypnotized at a counselor's office though.

?

In fact, that's most unusual.

Edited by coldethyl

Grief counsellors might be okay but it could be like hiring a nanny. You never know if you're getting a psycho killer or a 100% nice person. A woman I know went to a psychologist or something like that for grief counselling & he put her under hypnosis & raped her at every visit.

I understand that being cautious is a good thing.... that being said... most professionals can be checked out on line. Just look up the person you want to visit and google their name and check out their practice to see if what others who have visited them have said about them or to see if what they specialize in. A person could always have another person go with them until they are comfortable with the counselor. Typically being hypnotized isn't standard practice so that may have been a little premature advice.

Mabon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replys if you don't mind.I mentioned this happend 8 years ago don't live there anymore and was asking for paranormal advise not explainable. I thought this was for the unexplained I guess normal mental strong people like myself can't have experiances without someone tryen to explain it away. Thanks it just proves that people are so quick judge and or just say grief counsling ect. Lol my job is a grief child counslor so mentally I had to adjust so, can you explain might have paranormal have happend or contune to have an answer? Its it parnormal cause it not explainable? Thanks so much!

Hay get a new name for this site we can explain all you parnormal experiances away that's what you should call this!

Thank you. People do not wander into this site seeking medical advice or rational explanations, yet that's what I see everywhere. This community is supposed to help those seeking non traditional answers and advice for non traditional problems and experiences. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with hauntings, etc. so I can't really give the help you're looking for, but I can offer my thoughts.

I would argue that trying to find an explanation is pointless. People experience crazy things in life, and we always seek to rationalize the experiences (this thread makes this evident). But What happened isn't as important as how you react to it or choose to interpret it. It is our reactions that affect the course our lives will take. Really consider the power we hold in our choice to interpret. If I so desire, I can look for signs in my bowl of cheerios and have revelations every morning. I say consider the direction the experience has pushed you. Has it inspired a new perspective, new thoughts, or pushed you in a new direction? Has it influenced your thought process or decisions? These are what matter, because this is what makes the experience real, and the answers are independent of the explanation.

So, you came on here and told us this really sad story about events surrounding a move and losing a child.When people expressed sympathy plus perhaps seeing a grief counselor might be helpful to your situation you get angry about not being believed. I don't understand this disrespectful attitude toward people who have been helpful. Seeing someone about the grieving process is a helpful thing as you should know since you claim to be a grief counselor yourself. I'm sorry but your reaction are coming off as antagonistic and rude to people and don't sound like someone who is a grief counselor or someone who has passed through the grief process. What (in your capacity as a grief counselor) would you say to someone who came to you with a story like the one you shared here?

I also don't understand why you're so upset about people not believing you. No one said emphatically, "you didn't have an experiences." However, eight years after the fact no one is really going to be able to comment on your story beyond what's been said. Belief isn't up to the readers because it makes no impact on anyone who doesn't really know you. Sorry if that seems blunt but there are stories on the board all the time that sound believable, then it turns out that it's someone who's having a laugh trying to see how many people they can fool.

Eight years after the fact it's just an anecdote or hearsay unless you were able to document it or unless the activity is still occurring and you are willing to try and document the activity.

Mabon.

Edited by Mabon
  • Like 1