Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season imagery

Raptor Witness

I was going to roll this out on June 1, but it looks like the Atlantic season is starting a bit sooner than I expected. I typically will publish one or two of these a year. You can judge for yourselves how accurate I've been in the past, but considering that last year's highlighted a giant "S" for a backdrop, I hope I can safely assume that I have some bragging rights. It was, after all, an undeniable Superstorm.

The title of this forecast, which was initially published May 25, 2013 is: "Goes with the territory ..." It's based upon a dream that I had several weeks ago. There's a short video that accompanies this forecast, also.

8822528306_cb91de6053_o.jpg

In my dream I saw two storms form and move towards the continental U.S., each making landfall in rapid succession in what I believe was a 24-48 hour window. Both came from the south, generally, before making landfall. It's hard to say what strength they were, but the size appeared fairly average, one being larger.

The most curious and unexpected element, was that I saw the earth turning underneath me, yet the sun did not set as the earth turned. I found this so strange that I recorded it, because it contained this unexpected element. An unexpected element is the primary criteria I use for determining what may be useful in terms of intuition vs. my mind simply rehashing the daily input.

I've never had a dream like this one, but what intrigued me most wasn't what I saw, but how I saw it. The sun remained at my back through several complete revolutions of the earth. This was unlike any satellite animation that I've ever seen before, because I was the observer.

It's unclear if this was meant to be a reflection of the entire hurricane season. I'm unsure how many times the earth revolved in front of me, but my guess is that the time frame I witnessed was no more than two weeks. The focus seemed to be the curious double landfall.

Uh.... where did they make landfall....? Mobile, Alabama here...just a little curious :)

Uh.... where did they make landfall....? Mobile, Alabama here...just a little curious :)

Uh, look at the map.

I adsum sublime, Andrea

Click for animation ...

8945122069_faae5118a2_z.jpg

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Do we shake hands with a lady, or do we kiss the back of hers?

Some would argue that we should make a fist.

8945528559_39a0e0a1a8_z.jpg

Looking a little better this AM ...

Click for animation ...

8955914547_661d7e7ab0_z.jpg

Source

Edited by Raptor Witness

Wow, that was fast ...

8964309919_89d72011de_z.jpg

Andrea meaning and name origin:

Andrea \a-nd-rea, an-drea\ as a girl's name (also used as boy's name Andrea), is pronounced AHN-free-ah, AN-dree-ah. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Andrea is "manly, virile".

Here's Andrea Catozzi, showing U.S. the true meaning of this storm's name.

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 2 weeks later...

Newly named tropical storm Barry doesn't appear too much to worry about, but I haven't seen the long range models, especially if he decides to linger long in this location or just inland in Eastern Mexico.

Of far greater interest is how active June is turning out to be, given that we usually only see one named storm during this month every other year.

If you were paying attention to my OP, you can see that the analog year I have chosen for this season was 2005. At the bottom I've provided a map of what occurred during the 2005 Atlantic Hurricane Season. In 2005 we saw two storms in June, also. An analog year is simply a year of expected similarity, based upon either intuition in my case, or similar preseason variables. I'm also not the only person who thinks 2005 may be the correct analog year, mostly due to an expected neutral El Nino pattern in the Pacific. Dr. Jeff Masters of the Weather Underground was expecting this analog year, also.

Note: click for larger file size, source, or animation file

9089003683_158ca9aa0d_o.gif

9089002577_43b7159433_z.jpg

9091540574_94973291c3_z.jpg

2005 was also, coincidentally, the first year I provided a hurricane forecast on the Internet. However, after hurricane Katrina made landfall and drowned so many people, I was so harassed by government goons who literally followed me around all over the place that I ended up pulling my forecast off the Net. In that curious forecast, I republished a terrifying face of death, days in advance, something no other forecaster did to my knowledge. I guess the truth disturbed some people, so I was essentially censored. It's probably available on a Wayback archive somewhere, and I saved several HTLM copies, which are dated. I may republish those here at some point, because as far as I know, I was the only person who forecast the great loss of life that occurred.

Since that curious 2005 forecast my accuracy has arguably grown, such that the goons don't bother me much anymore, or maybe I'm just no longer afraid of them. I like to think the latter. One day the story of that disturbing forecast will be told, and those goons will be held accountable for their insult to free speech.

The truth is, the "Homeland" is about as secure as a house of straw, thanks to those carbon injections we've been giving her. Did it ever occur to anybody that the very place the “Homeland” is being sucked dry of the most hydrocarbons is the very place the earth may have chosen to send a message? It never dawns on these supposed protectors of the HOME LAND that the EARTH LAND might have a voice of warning.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Putting fingers in ears...lalalala... Man I live in the hurricane zone, went through Charlie. I have to watch the weather everyday, to make sure there isn't one on a seek attack. I don't what to hear about no hurricane nightmares, I have enough of my own. Scaring an old man, you should be ashamed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I work for an IT company and we have a Colo DC at Austin

I had a dream couple of weeks back where a big natural disaster effects our company.

So suspecting it happened at Austin as that's the only place where we have major footprint. Ever since the dream I have been checking weather news and googling about storm in atlantic and here I am....

In my dream I had a doubt if we will have our appraisals because of whatever happened. Our appraisals happen before end of July...

Edited by dexteralpha

My season forecast update is called,

, because it's one of two parts.

I believe this is the second landfall I saw earlier in the year(dream based,) so don't get too excited, unless I see the first segment also fall into place.

I'll know more when I see the various positions taken by each storm(s) as the season progresses. I'll be looking for a certain configuration that I saw in my mind's eye.

This is just one side of the double landfall that I saw.

Enjoy the show ... but don't be happy.

Edited by Raptor Witness

It's official, as of today, some experts are suggesting that the 2013 Atlantic hurricane season's expectations, should be elevated from "active," to potentially, "very active."

What this means is, I may have been correct in the OP, and that my forecast is way ahead of the pack if you were paying close attention, and know anything at all about hurricane history.

The reason for the sudden change in these expectations?

Tropical Chantal's ... unusually early appearance on the stage.

9244004909_c95370964f_z.jpg

9246787468_d44df6e879_o.gif

Edited by Raptor Witness

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting agreement on path ... so far out.

Lots of moisture around this one, and I'm lonely.

9353309388_ec775f3b3b_o.gif

9353254196_cf328cddf0_o.gif

Edited by Raptor Witness

Tonight as I was watching Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel, he talked about how forecasting a hurricane was like a triangle and then he drew one with his hands in the air.

It's an interesting choice of words, and reminds me of how he described hurricane Sandy last year, as a butterfly.

His butterfly metaphor, as seen below, was symbolic of transition. It was also, coincidentally, my forecast metaphor. The difference being, mine(Post 106 - April 05, 2012) was drawn far in advance of hurricane Sandy, and also spoke to the volume of storms we would see last year.

Hurricane Sandy would arguably make the greatest metamorphosis of any hurricane in the satellite age.

If I count my only fans as the earth's messengers, then I am content, but I am count among Mr. Cantore's metaphors, then I am humbled.

[media=]

Edited by Raptor Witness

Now that the dry air slot to the north of Dorian has closed off(black to milky white,) it leaves only the western front(amber color) to deal with.

9375891032_aa117b2a9c_o.gif

Tonight as I was watching Jim Cantore on the Weather Channel' date=' he talked about how forecasting a hurricane was like a triangle and then he drew one with his hands in the air.

By accident, a couple of nights ago, I merged one of two components from my initial, intuitive hurricane forecast this year. with my recent update by swapping the animation file underneath the first graphic.

What you're about to see was not preplanned or choreographed, the pieces fell into place, visually congruent.

With intuitive forecasting, this is what I call an “underline,” it reaffirms the first forecast.

The visually congruent scene at the very end of this curious movie, is arguably what the American Indians used to say to those who believed the earth had no voice, or medicine.

Note: It helps to change your browser's View setting to allow "full screen."

8822528306_cb91de6053_o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It looks like this might become Erin, soon ...

There's a lot of unanswered questions on the track, largely because they don't have a good handle yet, on where the center of this thing is going to coalesce.

One thing is for sure, once it gets into the Gulf of Mexico, it's going to hit land someplace.

Things are really starting to ramp up, but I'm still not seeing the setup that I'm looking for, and which could lead to a double landfall.

9510692785_5c289b0afa_o.gif

Uh, look at the map.

Being a prick is optional - glad to see you're going above and beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season Update #2

The ending is focused on climate change, and the potential danger of ignoring the clear warning signs.

With 7 billion souls on board this ship, most of which are living hand to mouth, it's risky business what we're doing.

Welcome to Puerto Rico, Gabby ...

The forecast models don't really mean much with this one yet, as there are two entities competing for resources. Gabby has a parasitic twin of sorts attached to her for now, making her future center of circulation somewhat speculative.

9678530160_09cf11651b_z.jpg

9678497548_07f6446bc0_o.gif

9675135975_aefce118e6_o.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unless my memory fails me, this looks like the greatest concentration of moisture that we've seen in the Central Atlantic this entire season. It's protecting what is at its center too, at least for now.

9946789153_cf91fa951d_o.gif

I would not discount the possibility that Ma Nature is planning a 21 gun salute for sun grazing comet ISON, which is coming in from a rare point of origin.

After all, this comet was discovered on the anniversary of Hurricane Hugo.

All hail, comet ISON:

The Mars flyby comes at a key time in Comet ISON’s journey. It will have just crossed the "frost line," a place just outside the orbit of Mars where solar heating is enough to start vaporizing frozen water.

9946812195_f3e2c74ced_c.jpg

Edited by Raptor Witness