Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rebels Massacre Christians in Syria

AlasBabylon

It sure is and it is the biggest branch of Christianity, long before protestants came.. But many protestants hate the idea and because so many are not fully knowledgeable on the church and why things are within the church, they are taught the Catholics are wrong and not real Christians.. This is why Christianity is so messed up, so many branches disagreeing with the other and putting each other down..

You do however get some decent Christians that do in fact understand more about the Catholic church and they don't slam it...Not every Christian will do this, especially if they are raised and taught negative things about the church... This is why I cannot see Christianity as a true faith, not if they all cannot come to a more peaceful and easy way of getting long and accepting each other...

Anyone that slams the Catholic church and says they are not true followers of Christ, have a chip on their own shoulder and they too prove they cannot follow Christs own words - Judge not least ye be judges...I do not think Christ himself would agree with the slamming......They only slam over a billion or more people when they put the church down, yet hate being slammed themselves..

I'm a Baptist, but Catholics believe in the Divinity of Jesus Christ, too, and that's good enough for me. God knows his own.
  • Like 2

remind me please when these Syrians had an inquisition and witch burnings? I'm struggling to find sources to back your claim. I'm sure your not saying modern Christians should be killed for what past Christians did, if you are can you explain how they are responsible.

Did the past Christians some how consult the non existent future Christians consult with them? Lump us all together, we are all responsible for all Christians actions, past, present and future.

It all depends on how global your view is.

And dear, I don't back up claims. If you want the proof of what I say and think, then by all means, do some investigation on your own. My finding things to back-up what I say will make no difference whatsoever.

Rebels say: Sharia is here Christians! Pay, convert, flee or die!

A new report from a ministry worker who visited a remnant of Syria’s Christian community confirms the worst: Rebels battling President Bashar al-Assad for control are imposing Islamic law, giving Christians the choice to flee or die.

The report is from the Religious Freedom Coalition, the faith-based organization run by William J. Murray, author of “My Life Without God.”

Murray explained that the report on persecution of Christians in Syria by jihadists was by Martin Janssen, who visited Amman, Jordan, for a prayer walk held for two Syrian church leaders kidnapped by Syrian rebels, Greek Orthodox Archbishop Paul Yazigi and Syriac Orthodox Archbishop Yohanna Ibrahim.

The report, in Dutch, was translated by Mark Durie, an Anglican vicar in Melbourne, Australia, and an associate fellow at the Middle Eastern Forum.

After the prayer walk, Syrian Christian refugees told Janssen they had been attacked by the rebels fighting in Syria, where Christians had been allowed to worship and live under Assad’s regime.

*snip*

Durie said the mandate to Christians by the rebels, some of whom have been linked to al-Qaida, is based on the Quran.

“The Christian residents were offered four choices: 1. renounce the ‘idolatry’ of Christianity and convert to Islam; 2. pay a heavy tribute to the Muslims for the privilege of keeping their heads and their Christian faith (this tribute is known as jizya); 3. be killed; 4. flee for their lives, leaving all their belongings behind.”

Durie said some Christians “were killed, some fled, some tried to pay the jizya and found it too heavy a burden to bear after the rebels kept increasing the amount they had to pay, and some were unable to flee or pay, so they converted to Islam to save themselves.”

*snip*

Report documents strategy by Muslims to impose religious law on nation

Under Assad there was religious freedom. Understandable since the Alawites were once a persecuted minority themselves.

Under the rebels the Christians are told to pay, convert, flee or die.

Edited by The world needs you

Rebels say: Sharia is here Christians! Pay, convert, flee or die!

Report documents strategy by Muslims to impose religious law on nation

Under Assad there was religious freedom. Understandable since the Alawites were once a persecuted minority themselves.

Under the rebels the Christians are told to pay, convert, flee or die.

If a new Caliphate arises in the world this will be the fate of all who are not Muslim and do not wish to be. And the places to flee will be few.

It sure is and it is the biggest branch of Christianity, long before protestants came.. But many protestants hate the idea and because so many are not fully knowledgeable on the church and why things are within the church, they are taught the Catholics are wrong and not real Christians.. This is why Christianity is so messed up, so many branches disagreeing with the other and putting each other down..

You do however get some decent Christians that do in fact understand more about the Catholic church and they don't slam it...Not every Christian will do this, especially if they are raised and taught negative things about the church... This is why I cannot see Christianity as a true faith, not if they all cannot come to a more peaceful and easy way of getting long and accepting each other...

Anyone that slams the Catholic church and says they are not true followers of Christ, have a chip on their own shoulder and they too prove they cannot follow Christs own words - Judge not least ye be judges...I do not think Christ himself would agree with the slamming......They only slam over a billion or more people when they put the church down, yet hate being slammed themselves..

Hello Beckys_Mom.

Interestingly enough, the term's "Catholic", "Nun" or "Pope" aren't found once in the Bible. They're job descriptions at best.

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place." - John 18:36

Catholicism reaps no blessings.

It's churches are made of stone. Cold, hard, and unforgiving as they were when they were burning "witches" at the torture steaks. There isn't love in the natural sense, but there is love in the perverted sense. (Paedophilia and welcoming homosexuality, abominable in the eyes of God for He did not design us for that purpose.) Please don't get me started on the Vatican.

This is why it's dying out in present day. The Lord isn't blessing it because of it's corruption.

Love, peace and take care.

Interestingly enough, the term's "Catholic", "Nun" or "Pope" aren't found once in the Bible. They're job descriptions at best.

Nor does trinity or rapture. But anyway how is a straw man interesting?

Hello Beckys_Mom.

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place." - John 18:36

It's churches are made of stone. Cold, hard, and unforgiving as they were when they were burning "witches" at the torture steaks. There isn't love in the natural sense, but there is love in the perverted sense. (Paedophilia and welcoming homosexuality, abominable in the eyes of God for He did not design us for that purpose.) Please don't get me started on the Vatican.

This is why it's dying out in present day. The Lord isn't blessing it because of it's corruption.

Love, peace and take care.

This is an example of how to veil your insults of others.. Insult them, post up any false info you wish, slam them with any negative thing you can think of..BUT sign it with - Love and peace and take care..

Because that's how Jesus taught it...right? Another fine example of how Christianity is messed up...Love one and other... my foot !! Do on to others how you like done on to you....Ahem not likely..lol ..... It is more gracious to slam, condemn, show nothing but hate, and sign it with a love and peace note..If you sign it love and peace, that makes it look better..

You have no clue why the church has a pope or nuns.. you prove that well... Your lack of knowledge is astonishing

(Paedophilia and welcoming homosexuality, abominable in the eyes of God for He did not design us for that purpose.)

1st of all, the Christian bible does not in any way direct anything that says that child sex abuse is sinful. it should do, ( And I mean directly as it does with homosexuality.) but it doesn't......... 2nd ...The catholic church does not welcome homosexuals ...They speak out against it..Homosexuality is a sin in the catholic church, always has been, just like it is in so many protestant churches.. To add, there were many protestants who burned witches.. You have went to a lot of trouble to show you have no real knowledge of the faith..your posts proves it

But while you are sitting there ready to slam and condemn over a billion people..Think hard about how many Christians on this earth are actually sinless? I know you are not one of them.. Judge not least ye be judged, means sweet nothing to you and others like you, with your hate speeches about other religious faith...

What others say is most true, and you have went all out to prove it, and that is - Christians do not need atheists and non Christians to slam them, no, they already have each other to do that...As for constantly disagreeing with each other, this is why Christianity has too many branches..it's a mess.... You are just one of many who is has just proved it.. No doubt you will be back to show us all how little you know and how hateful you can be about another faith.. Jesus taught you well..I am sure Jesus will bless you for the hate and condemning... Try slamming and hating while being sinless.. Now there is a challenge..!!

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Hello Beckys_Mom.

And? - what's the beef? A title was provided to explain the job folk within the church have chosen to do.

Where is Catholism claiming Jesus' Kingdom is of this world exactly?

According to who?

It's churches are made from the labour of love of the parishoners who wished to set aside a place to congregate and worship together, a place dedicated so as to focus the mind and heart on their intent, exactly like every other temple or church of all the various faiths on this good Earth - what is the difference between their stones and the Evangelist Church stones of the New Born Christians? All congregate to worship in their respective places of worship, not all go there to claim and show superiority of their faith over others though, some surely do but definitely not the majority imo.

As to the rest of the quote, way to generalize much, nice just tar billions with a single brush stroke - sinners are found everywhere, in fact here is a news flash - "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone".

The Vatican? The repository of the accumulation of relics of faith from history that atheists and catholics alike would weep to see destroyed and gone from the world the same way we wept when the two statues of Buddha were destroyed in Afghanistan by the Taliban? Or is it the office of the Papacy you object to? Have you been there? Do you know these people personally who work and walk the halls of the Vatican that you claim blanket authority to condemn them all as though the shoes they have walked a lifetime in have no value?

That human history and with it the Catholic Church is scarred with acts of sin against our fellow man is self evident - that those who have evolved and practiced their faith sincerely within those same walls and faith should be condemned because we all come from a brutish past the world over is not reasonable.

We should not denigrate that which our forebears have left us as a legacy and lesson from history, we should learn and I believe we do learn.

It may have died within you but as BM has stated over a billion folk have it living within them just fine.

It's a little egoic and prideful to claim to know what the Lord would choose to bless and why - what comes after pride? Do you know?

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

This is an example of how to veil your insults of others.. Insult them, post up any false info you wish, slam them with any negative thing you can think of..BUT sign it with - Love and peace and take care..

I'm not insulting you. I was making a statement on how Catholicism is corrupt and doesn't serve God. Study your Bible and you'll understand why.

Because that's how Jesus taught it...right? Another fine example of how Christianity is messed up...Love one and other... my foot !! Do on to others how you like done on to you....Ahem not likely..lol ..... It is more gracious to slam, condemn, show nothing but hate, and sign it with a love and peace note..If you sign it love and peace, that makes it look better..

Sorry, love, but I feel there isn't enough love in the world. There's not much peace either, so I tend to spread that message around a lot. I'm sorry if it offends you.

1st of all, the Christian bible does not in any way direct anything to says that child sex abuse is sinful. it should do, ( And I mean directly as it does with homosexuality.) but it doesn't......... 2nd ...

I think God understands Human's are intelligent enough to realise child abuse is wrong. Does He need to spell it out for you, too?

The catholic church does not welcome homosexuals ...They speak out against it..Homosexuality is a sin in the catholic church, always has been, just like it is in so many protestant churches.. To add, there were many protestants who burned witches..

Then why are there so many rumours going around about the Pope, your greatest representative, sexually abusing children by him and his priest's? Pope Benedict is who I was referring to.

There may have been protestants who burned "Witches". I've heard that those so-called witches were people who were following Jesus Christ but were falsely accused and put to death so the Roman Catholic Church could take over without any trouble.

I want you to know that I love you because that's what the Holy Spirit wants me to do. I am not your enemy. There are false religions in the world so we have to be careful.

You have went to a lot of trouble to show you have no real knowledge of the faith..your posts proves it.

I study the Word each morning so the Holy Spirit gives me the power and authority to go through these things with little trouble.

But while you are sitting there ready to slam and condemn over a billion people..Think hard about how many Christians on this earth are actually sinless?

There isn't a single Human Being on this earth that is sinless, as we all inherit Adamic sin at birth. This is the damage Satan has done to our species by tempting Eve to eat from the tree.

I know you are not one of them. Judge not least ye be judged.

Don't those two statements contradict each other?

means sweet nothing to you and others like you, with your hate speeches about other religious faith...

What hate-speech? Pointing out an observation about the Catholic Church isn't hate-speech.

What others say is most true, and you have went all out to prove it, and that is - Christians do not need atheists and non Christians to slam them, no, they already have each other to do that...

*Headdesk*

As for constantly disagreeing with each other, this is why Christianity has too many branches..it's a mess....

It can be confusing as to which path to take when wanting to worship the True God.

You are just one of many who is has just proved it.. No doubt you will be back to show us all how little you know and how hateful you can be about another faith.

lmao

The Holy Spirit abideth in me, and it doesn't hate sinner's, it hates sin.

Jesus taught you well.. Try slamming and hating while being sinless.. Now there is a challenge..!!

You know?

Any more questions?

I'm not insulting you. I was making a statement on how Catholicism is corrupt and doesn't serve God. Study your Bible and you'll understand why.

No you are however insulting over a billion people and then some..

Sorry, love, but I feel there isn't enough love in the world. There's not much peace either

I know because people like you can't follow Jesus properly.. OR it could be that Jesus just isn't strong enough to help you...you choose !!

I think God understands Human's are intelligent enough to realise child abuse is wrong. Does He need to spell it out for you, too?

So, christians, have not got a lick of sense to know that murder, blasphemy, theft etc etc is wrong, they need it spelled out? ... My word, you took the cherry right off the -" Cop out answer cake" and swallowed it lol :lol:

There may have been protestants who burned "Witches". I've heard that those so-called witches were people who were following Jesus Christ but were falsely accused and put to death so the Roman Catholic Church could take over without any trouble.

What does the bible say to do with witches? Here it is - Exodus 22:18ESV /s“You shall not permit a sorceress to live ... Christians in the 1400's - 1500's took it literally.. There is a lot in the bible against witchcraft.. This ( thankfully ) is no more...But this does not in any way be used as a weak excuse to slam over a billion or more people....

There isn't a single Human Being on this earth that is sinless,

I know, and I also know that Jesus himself said - "Let he who be without sin cast the first stone".. And here you are a whopping sinner, casting stones at so many people..Ironic...

Don't those two statements contradict each other?

Well the bible is filled with them.. But with that aside, you truly have no real idea what that quote actually means do you? It means for you to be careful of the standard of which you judge, lest meaning the same applies to you.. Another quote ( which is similar ) - Matthew 7:1-6 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. .... For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

And to add - “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye, when you have a log in your own? ...AND.... How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? ....Moving on to - Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

It can be confusing as to which path to take when wanting to worship the True God.

A true path to god would never seem confusing.. But with Christianity looks like it sure is.. Multi pathways and still confused..!!

You know?

Absolutely..

Any more questions?

No, but I have something so much better and may help you a lot.. You were showing your lack of knowledge on the Catholic church ( Pope, nuns homosexuality etc etc ).. So, I have a few things that might help you understand...

Where does the name Catholic come from?

Answer -... The word catholic (with lowercase c; derived via Late Latin catholicus, from the Greek adjective καθολικός (katholikos), meaning "universal"[1][2]) comes from the Greek phrase καθόλου (katholou), meaning "on the whole", "according to the whole" or "in general", and is a combination of the Greek words κατά meaning "about" and όλος meaning "whole".[3][4] The word in English can mean either "including a wide variety of things; all-embracing" or "of the Roman Catholic faith" as "relating to the historic doctrine and practice of the Western Church.".[5] ("Catholicos, the title used for the head of some churches in Eastern Christian traditions, is derived from the same linguistic origin).

The term Catholic (usually written with uppercase C in English) was first used to describe the Christian Church in the early 2nd century to emphasize its universal scope. In the context of Christian ecclesiology, it has a rich history and several usages. In non-ecclesiastical use, it derives its English meaning directly from its root, and is currently used to mean the following:

· universal or of general interest;

·
, having broad interests, or wide sympathies;
or

·
, inviting and containing strong evangelism.

http://en.wikipedia....term_"Catholic"

Are there nuns in the bible?

Answer - ....If you're looking for the word "nun" as we use it, you won't find it (Nun is mentioned as the name of Joshua's father in the Hebrew Bible, though). You also won't find the words rapture, trinity, athiest, divinity, or incarnation. However, the ideas that all of these words represent are clear in scripture.

The prophetess Anna lived as a cloistered nun (Luke 2:36-37). There was an order of widows living the consecrated life after the deaths of their husbands (1Tim. 5:3-12). Paul warned that women were not to be enrolled in this order if they had intentions of leaving the consecrated life to get married and so "incur condemnation for having violated their pledge" (1 Tim. 5:12).

The Nazirites ("consecrated ones"), were were essentially monks and nuns. They took vows of self-denial (Num. 6:2-4, 6-8) and had a distinctive appearance (Num. 6:5). John the Baptist was one of these "monks" (Luke 1:15), as were Samson (Judges 13:5-6) and Samuel (1 Sam. 1:11) . In the Christian age Paul took a temporary Nazirite vow (Acts 18:18) and recommended that others live celibate lives, consecrated to God (1 Cor. 7:32-38), especially ministers (1 Tim. 2:3-4).

http://wiki.answers....ed_in_the_bible

Why does the catholic church have a pope?

Answer:.....The Roman Catholic Church’s teaching about the pope (“pope” means “father”) is built upon and involves the following Roman Catholic teachings:

1) Christ made Peter the leader of the apostles and of the church (Matthew 16:18-19). In giving Peter the “keys of the kingdom,” Christ not only made him leader, but also made him infallible when he acted or spoke as Christ’s representative on earth (speaking from the seat of authority, or “ex cathedra”). This ability to act on behalf of the church in an infallible way when speaking “ex cathedra” was passed on to Peter’s successors, thus giving the church an infallible guide on earth. The purpose of the papacy is to lead the church unerringly.

2) Peter later became the first bishop of Rome. As bishop of Rome, he exercised authority over all other bishops and church leaders. The teaching that the bishop of Rome is above all other bishops in authority is referred to as the “primacy” of the Roman bishop.

3) Peter passed on his apostolic authority to the next bishop of Rome, along with the other apostles who passed on their apostolic authority to the bishops that they ordained. These new bishops, in turn, passed on that apostolic authority to those bishops that they later ordained, and so on. This “passing on of apostolic authority” is referred to as “apostolic succession.”

Read more:http://www.gotquesti...l#ixzz2W5vYmFbv

What does the Catholic church say in ref to homosexuality?

Every human being is called to receive a gift of divine sonship, to become a child of God by grace. However, to receive this gift, we must reject sin, including homosexual behavior—that is, acts intended to arouse or stimulate a sexual response regarding a person of the same sex. The Catholic Church teaches that such acts are always violations of divine and natural law. http://www.catholic....s/homosexuality

Now you have a choice, A - Stick with your own ignorance and not read it.. OR B learn something.. You act as if you know it all claiming to study a bible and yet you post like you are new to the faith...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

No you are however insulting over a billion people and then some..

No, not intentionally anyway.

I know because people like you can't follow Jesus properly.. OR it could be that Jesus just isn't strong enough to help you...you choose !!

The Christ could walk on water. (Matthew 14:22-33) He is able to turn seven loaves of bread and distribute it to four thousand people. (Mark 8: 1-9) He can also heal the sick. (Matthew 15: 30) He can probably do anything.

The truth is I pick up my torture stake and follow Jesus every day. I wake up, pray to acknowledge the Holy Spirit, study the Bible using Watchtower literature which has helped immensely, pray some more to close the study session giving thanks, and I'll then read some more of whatever book I happen to be reading at the time.

So, christians, have not got a lick of sense to know that murder, blasphemy, theft etc etc is wrong, they need it spelled out?

You know, a Christian doesn't need to resort to trickery. We study the Truth.

... My word, you took the cherry right off the -" Cop out answer cake" and swallowed it lol :lol:

...lol

They were important commandments for us to learn if we wanted to please the True God. He showed us how to appropriately worship Him and taught us what is acceptable to please Him.

What does the bible say to do with witches? Here it is - Exodus 22:18ESV /s“You shall not permit a sorceress to live ... Christians in the 1400's - 1500's took it literally.. There is a lot in the bible against witchcraft.. This ( thankfully ) is no more...But this does not in any way be used as a weak excuse to slam over a billion or more people....

Witches/Wizards would be people who practice Black Magic and Satanism. The people who were accused of being witches, were in truth, not witches at all. And the people who claimed to be "Christian's" were not Christian's.

They were wolves in sheep's clothing.

I know, and I also know that Jesus himself said - "Let he who be without sin cast the first stone".. And here you are a whopping sinner, casting stones at so many people..Ironic...

What he meant was He who is filled with Holy Spirit, lead the way and be an example for the sinner's to follow, which is what I am doing. I'm not "slamming" anyone.

Well the bible is filled with them..

No it's not. Ask God in prayer to reveal His Word to you and everything will begin to make sense. The prayer must be sincere and from your heart.

But with that aside, you truly have no real idea what that quote actually means do you? It means for you to be careful of the standard of which you judge, lest meaning the same applies to you.. Another quote ( which is similar ) - Matthew 7:1-6 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. .... For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.

So far, I haven't judged anybody to my knowledge. I did state a fact about the Catholic Church.

And to add - “And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye, when you have a log in your own? ...AND.... How can you think of saying to your friend, ‘Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,’ when you can’t see past the log in your own eye? ....Moving on to - Hypocrite! First get rid of the log in your own eye; then you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend’s eye.

So far, I've stated a fact about the Catholic Church - That paedophilia is rampant and has been covered-up. That's not a judgement so much as a matter of truth.

A true path to god would never seem confusing.. But with Christianity looks like it sure is.. Multi pathways and still confused..!!

Agreed. That's why I don't really follow it anymore. I focus on a relationship with Jesus Christ instead of a religion.

*snip.*

1 - The Roman Catholic Church is a kingdom of this world. Jesus Christ told His faithful disciples that His kingdom would "Not be of this world." - John 18:36

2 - "Nun" isn't in the Bible. Fact. You can't replace the definition to an idea with what you want it to be. That could be considered sacrilege.

3 - Christ meant "keys to the kingdom" in a spiritual sense. Peter was to lead the way in the works of the spirit. His (Jesus) kingdom is not of this world.

Christ also never told Peter to hoard tons of money inside of vaults, cover-up sexual assaults by the priests, turn Italy into a giant money-laundering scheme, force Catholicism down our throats at a young age, lazily sit on a gold throne while the world suffers and starves, etc.

Pope Benedict would wear I think an Ephod (head-wear) at times that had "Vicavius Filii Dei" (Latin) written across it. Those words mean "Vicar of the Son of God".

This is blasphemous, as we don't need to answer to a vicar to get to Christ.

Jesus died that we all may have salvation. All we have to do is pray sincerely. This takes us straight through to Jesus Christ. This is also blasphemous for one more reason: The numerical value of this blasphemous title - "Vicavius Filii Dei" - is 666. This is the Mark of the Beast, or the Mark of the Anti-Christ.

Search it on YouTube, the net or anywhere.

4 - That doesn't stop it's priest's from sexually abusing young boys. Sickening to think about.

Now you have a choice, A - Stick with your own ignorance and not read it.. OR B learn something.. You act as if you know it all claiming to study a bible and yet you post like you are new to the faith...

I do study the Bible, and it isn't my fault you've never heard it's Truth's before. Too busy looking into Catholicism, and I say that respectfully.

Sister, I'm not the one who hasn't yet begun a Bible study.

I'm not the one who doesn't search into these conspiracies regarding the Pope.

I'm not the one who refuses to acknowledge the Vatican/Catholicism isn't what it claims to be.

May divine love, divine light, and understanding be with you. I believe you have a calling in your life. I just hoped I could get you to view things with an open mind.

- And Jesus said "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding." - Proverbs 3:5

No, not intentionally anyway.

(SNIP )

I know you have spent ages looking things up and trying to manage what you wish to answer to my previous post.. But I am not interested in any long winded argument over how bad you feel... .. .. I did find one thing a catholic once said to an angry protestant who was mouthing anti catholic garbage at him, he said - "Anti Catholic propaganda can only come from Satan, for Satan knows that there is only one true church that has the key to salvation, the same church that was here long before protestants came..Spread your hate, in the end it will be you that faces gods judgement.. Prove me wrong?" ..I read that years ago, and even though I do not believe in satan, I think if it is true, ( and they do say satan is the master of trickery ) may god help you all...

The only fact I recognise is the one about child abuse in the catholic church, that even Catholics feel hurt and disgusted by, from what they did to the little boys and how it was covered up...... I used to think only the Catholic church target young boys, until recently I came across a list of the most horrific serial killers in history... Several of these mad men target little boys from all parts of the world... Many loved to target children....Many still do....Their sexual pleasure resulted in killing them more.. But this is off topic..

What I am thankful for is - I do not belong to anything that holds hate and anger spreading things in spite of one faith to another.. Something not right about, that and gives me the creeps... I come from a family that is half catholic and half protestant.. We learn to get along fine...So, when I read anti catholic things by others from a different country, it is sad to see how corrupt and hateful people can be.. The more spiteful the remarks get, the worse it gets.. Look at the WBC, they claim Christians all over the world teach lies from the pulpits and all going to hell..Many Christians can be their own worst enemy..

Thankfully there are decent Christians ( both Catholics and Protestant ) who will not lower themselves into any fits of hate and throwing mud at each other.. These Christians are those who are better educated within the faith and strong and they live all over the world..... Christians in my own country used to fight the bit out, but now days, they grow to accept each other and live together.. They became more laid back and mix well...

Anyhoo.. Gotta dash... I care not to carry this on, no offence but it is not worth my time any further..I don't have any further interest in why you or anyone else feels bad about the faith..Any gripes you feel, is on your own shoulders, not mine..For I hold no interest in holding and anger or gripes with any church...I only hold disagreements..... In my own opinion, only God can judge us all, not someone with a bible.... Hope you understand..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Wow enough of the drama. Take it to the religion boards. Derailing and off topic conversations fueled with screams (not all are doing that) is not what this thread is about.

In better news the Syrian government win in Qusair last week has provided some relief to our fellow Christians over there.

For months, the town's 3,000 Christians lived in neighbouring villages. The first families arrived in the city shortly after the ouster of Islamic extremists by the regime. Muslims themselves accuse the rebels of stirring sectarian hatred in Syria. Along with the shrine of St Elijah, the local mosque was destroyed as well.

Al-Qusair (AsiaNews) - After fleeing to surrounding villages and the capital Damascus, Christians from al-Qusair are returning to their homes after almost two years. Many have lost everything; some have started to remove rubble from rooms and rebuild roofs, bringing life back to a city that in recent months had lost more than 90 per cent of its population, going from 30,000 inhabitants to 500.

Sources told AsiaNews that in 2011 more than 3,000 Christians fled the city seeking refuge with relatives and friends. In recent months, the only non-Muslim residents was elderly Catholic couple, husband and wife. "The couple," they said, "did not know where to run. Their only daughter is a Melkite nun, who resides abroad. They were helped by their Muslim neighbours."

*snip*

"In al-Qusair," they explain, "churches and mosques were built next to each other." An example is the shrine of St Elijah, which was recently desecrated by foreign Islamists, after surviving the fighting between local rebels and the army, who have always respected places of worship.

The outrage caused by the al-Nusra militia, which has fighters from 15 nations in its ranks, has aroused the anger of the population.

"It's a big shock to see something like this in a church," Osama Hassan, a Muslim and a government employee, told Reuters. "For us, a church is the same as a mosque."

A nearby mosque was also heavily damaged, parts of its minaret blasted away, he added.

For locals, Islamist fighters are to blame for sectarian divisions in the population, which includes Sunni and Shiite Muslims, as well as Christians.

"Here, the Christian and Muslim cemeteries are right next to each other," said one resident. "We never had divisions." (S.C.)

United for reconciliation with Muslims, Christians return to al-Qusair

Beckys_Mom, I know it's your opinion, however please understand there is no middle ground. Theres True Christianity and False Christianity. I'm simply stating the Catholic Church isn't faithful.

Making a factual statement about a church isn't "anger" nor is it hatred. It's not much more than an observation.

I haven't spread an ounce of hate in this discussion and those who think I do must have a distorted view of life.

I love you, I wish you the best of luck on your faith and hopefully we'll see each other in Heaven. Take care whatever you do. Peace!