Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadows of Things to Come

Ben Masada

I was not referring to chapter. 5 verse 17 , I was referring to Matthew chapter 9 verse 13 . Where Yeshua reminded the Pharisees," who were judging him for having a meal with what they considered to be unworthy people in their attempt to slander Yeshua " So he reminded them of something , he asked them to figure out what it means where it was written by the Prophet Hosea that God desires mercy from us and not sacrifice..

It's not only mentioned in Hosea .

Reann, the soul of the NT is Replacement Theology. It means that it covers about 80% of its content. If you do believe that the Pharisees were that racist and so hostile to Jesus you will be agreeing that the whole of the NT is crowded with contradictions because IMHO, Jesus was of the line of the Pharisees himself. Therefore, all those invectives from the part of Jesus against them was not true. Jesus himself never had any problem with the Pharisees. But Paul yes, this one had a deep grudge against the Pharisees because they had banned him from Israel and never allowed him to build a Christian church in Israeli soil. I bet you did not know that the Pharisees tried to save Jesus from the cross. It was at the entrance of Jerusalem when Jesus was being acclaimed king of the Jews by his disciples. The Pharisees came to him and asked him to rebuke his disciples to stop with the nonsense because Jesus could end up on the cross. Jesus' answer was that if they stopped the stones would cry. (Luke 19:37-40) Okay, the Pharisees must have remarked: Don't say later that we did not warn you. In fact, he was arrested, tried and taken to the cross under the verdict of INRI. If the Pharisees were so hostiles as you imply they wouldn't care a bit that Jesus got in trouble. They would even address Jesus as Rabbi. (John 3:1,2)

Edited by Ben Masada

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Buddha

In that case, do not believe in Buddha because according to what he says above, we must not believe in anything merely on the authority of his being a teacher or elder.

By the way, that's a fallacy to appeal to authorities.

Speaking of Jesus...

how did he have all those cool powers?

Forget the boring stuff.. i want supernatural powers...

Sorcery's Fight with Jesus..and them shooting lightning bolts at each other!!

I love the story where the Apostles fought that Sorcerer Bar Jesus..

we need more of that... !

brothers let not fight and bicker over silly traditions...

the answers are in Galations 5 6...

I must say that I find their ideologies to be extremely racist . For any individual to think that their religion and culture deserve the very best over the rest of the world that are not of their nationality or whatever is horrible and it's racist .

that sounds like

[insert any religion here]

to me.....

Speaking of Jesus...how did he have all those cool powers?

Forget the boring stuff.. i want supernatural powers...Sorcery's Fight with Jesus..and them shooting lightning bolts at each other!!

I love the story where the Apostles fought that Sorcerer Bar Jesus..we need more of that... !

brothers let not fight and bicker over silly traditions...the answers are in Galations 5 6...

LS, I think I am going to ask you to quote your assertions and when you do it double check if you have quoted rightly. I don't understand what you mean above and Galatians 5:6 does not say what you intend to convey.

Hi redhen

a BULL for sin offering. Bull ; Jesus or Judah. Bull god Min. Khonsu.

A reasonable and careful reading of this famous Buddhist passage leads to the conclusion that it is not telling us to ignore scripture and tradition but to interpret it with thought and logic and good sense and not with authority, and adopt only what is good.

Let he who practices animal sacrifice speak, and those who do not quiet themselves. You are on the outside looking in... While you look in, you pass judgement as if you know the first thing about such practices..

• 2 weeks later...

A reasonable and careful reading of this famous Buddhist passage leads to the conclusion that it is not telling us to ignore scripture and tradition but to interpret it with thought and logic and good sense and not with authority, and adopt only what is good.

If by Scripture you mean here the Jewish Scriptures or even the NT I can't see the connection with Buddhism and for the wish of Buddhists to interpret them. If I am mistaken I apologized.

Edited by Ben Masada