Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will We Ever Understand Consciousness?

Still Waters

Hi.

I am pretty new to this forum, having come to it via googling cognitive dissonance.

I have, over more than forty years -- and a lot of unexplained events -- conjectured a view of consciousness that i call GNOS along with an associated templix matrix. Templix of GNOS as in God and/or Nature's Operating System. It begins with a sort of Axiom of Replacing based on (0+1)**n(X+Y), where varying sizes of 0 stand for various degrees of differentiating and varying sizes of 1 stand for various levels of integration. Most people think I am crazy, but one of its fans just won a system integration contract using mathematic insights developed from understanding it. So it seems to have some practicality beyond the arenas of metaphysics and/or spirituality.

Would anyone here care to know more?

Hi.

I am pretty new to this forum, having come to it via googling cognitive dissonance.

I have, over more than forty years -- and a lot of unexplained events -- conjectured a view of consciousness that i call GNOS along with an associated templix matrix. Templix of GNOS as in God and/or Nature's Operating System. It begins with a sort of Axiom of Replacing based on (0+1)**n(X+Y), where varying sizes of 0 stand for various degrees of differentiating and varying sizes of 1 stand for various levels of integration. Most people think I am crazy, but one of its fans just won a system integration contract using mathematic insights developed from understanding it. So it seems to have some practicality beyond the arenas of metaphysics and/or spirituality.

Would anyone here care to know more?

I must admit .. I am pique ... share ?

Or am I expected to pay ... for something ?

~

Well it is no doubt true that the brain is always active. It is possible though to empty your mind -- in fact I had a teacher who saw that as a useful exercise.
there is nothing wrong with 'words' or 'definitions' as long as one knows where the 'words' and 'definitions' ends and reality begins

I would say the mind or consciousness is fundamentally empty. We fill it with words and definitions, but as third_eye says, when these end we are left with an uncontaminated empty mind which is one with the reality that is experienced.

The 'me' or the 'I' the mind conjurers as an idea of or as a representation of itself distorts reality into its own agenda. This ego or "I" imposes itself on reality, and all it is conscious of is its own imposition.

If we remove this obstacle between the objective and the subjective, what then is consciousness?

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 2

I would say the mind or consciousness is fundamentally empty. We fill it with words and definitions, but as third_eye says, when these end we are left with an uncontaminated empty mind which is one with the reality that is experienced.

The 'me' or the 'I' the mind conjurers as an idea of or as a representation of itself distorts reality into its own agenda. This ego or "I" imposes itself on reality, and all it is conscious of is its own imposition.

If we remove this obstacle between the objective and the subjective, what then is consciousness?

Consciousness is......Keep breathing or you lose it forever.
  • Like 1

Consciousness is......Keep breathing or you lose it forever.

I disagree. Consciousness is your spirit. It cannot be destroyed or created.

I must admit .. I am pique ... share ?

Or am I expected to pay ... for something ?

~

Just exactly what piques your interest? Are you a psychologist, or a computer scientist or a philospher, or what?

In ant case, as it is priceless... no price.

what I most understand is that what I am praying for and am whole-heartedly envisioning is coming true.

I hope you're right,because if you aren't we're in deep poo.

So you were always conscious?

I hope you're right,because if you aren't we're in deep poo.

If I am wrong it won't matter.

Double post

Edited by danielost

So you were always conscious?

As far back as I can remember. I remember my first thought, so this is life!! This tells me that there was something and I didn't think of it as life.

My two sense/since/scents/cents:

I think that, in SETH SPEAKS, Seth does a very good job in explaining it. All we have to do is reverse-science consciousness according to Seth.

Edited by regeneratia

Ever wonder when our memories start? Most people say when they were about two years old. Could it be when a word is understood and spoken is when our memories start?

Not in my case, I remember the thought and moving shadows. I assume the hospital staff. My mom told me when I was two days old I was trying to hold the girl next door hand.

As far back as I can remember. I remember my first thought, so this is life!! This tells me that there was something and I didn't think of it as life.

But I asked if you were always conscious, not conscious just during your life.

But I asked if you were always conscious, not conscious just during your life.

And, I said I remember there being something before life. So the answer is yes. I would hace to have a conscious in order to remember something bing there before life.

The standard line among those fundamentalist Buddhists who go around trying to prove rebirth is that to catch past-life memories you have to question very young children.

I have always felt that this is a cop-out, since there is no particular reason for it that I can imagine that holds water. Also, of course, children can be impressed with false memories through their desire to please adults, so the very questions can lead to the answers the questioner wants and the child henceforth thinking it was a real memory.

My view is that the very rebirth process would wipe out any past-life memory, period, so there is no way using such approaches to learn anything. Only if memories are retained in some non-physical (non-brain) way could things be otherwise, and, stories aside, there is no reason to think this and plenty of reason to think not.

And, I said I remember there being something before life. So the answer is yes. I would hace to have a conscious in order to remember something bing there before life.

You don't sound very sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Thailand. My girlfriend is an ardent Buddhist. She prays to him with chanting and a yoga style lotus position to meditate for some hours every day.She has no memories of a past life. I asked her about this and she said " what a stupid question " She believes that she will come back after death.

I live in Thailand. My girlfriend is an ardent Buddhist. She prays to him with chanting and a yoga style lotus position to meditate for some hours every day.She has no memories of a past life. I asked her about this and she said " what a stupid question " She believes that she will come back after death.

I think that's a little excessive, even for a monk or a nun. I'm not sure she would identify what she does as praying -- you may have a little translation problem there.