Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

LucidElement

Phaistos Disc

The mystery of the Phaistos Disc is a story that sounds like something out of an Indiana Jones movie. Discovered by Italian archaeologist Luigi Pernier in 1908 in the Minoan palace-site of Phaistos, the disc is made of fired clay and contains mysterious symbols that may represent an unknown form of hieroglyphics. It is believed that it was designed sometime in the second millennium BC.

Some scholars believe that the hieroglyphs resemble symbols of Linear A and Linear B, scripts once used in ancient Crete. The only problem? Linear A also eludes decipherment.

Today the disc remains one of the most famous puzzles of archaeology.

___________________________________________________-

What do you guys think about this?? It's almost like that Voynich Manuscript... Languages that can not be deciphered... Is it possible that it isnt a language and it just a bunch of jargon-type writing... like, "*#IJD(@)##" that and really doesnt mean anything? But then again, it should mean something because why go through the trouble.. And that disc looks way to legit just to be nonsense.

I think it's an ancient board game, like the game of goose, and that the symbols have nothing to do with writing.

• Like 2

It could be a game or just a piece of art by someone who was bored, I do not mean that in a funny way, I actually mean it, many things have been made out of boredom.

I guess the most interesting part is the fact that the language has not been dicphered.

Since the disk was found in the palace, it must have been of a important record or story.If it was a simple game would`nt there be a lot more of these disks found all over the inland?

• Like 1

Since the disk was found in the palace, it must have been of a important record or story.If it was a simple game would`nt there be a lot more of these disks found all over the inland?

Maybe it was a game played by kings and queens only?

• Like 1

""This script is called Linear A. It appears to be derived from Minoan hieroglyphic and, like Mesopotamian cuneiform, the signs represent syllables rather than individual sounds. This script, too, remains undeciphered for the most part."" So if they deciphered the other Relic even just a little bit, this one has to be someone more then a game. They made no reference to the other being a game.

• 4 months later...

Phaistos Disc

An actions report” of a manager of the ancient Phaistos commercial center

The famous Phaistos Disc is a printed, per paragraph, synoptic report of a manager actions from the Phaistos commercial center.

The spirals, for technical reasons, are starting with guide the edge of the disc, from the periphery to the center, and the inscription, again for technical reasons, begins reversely.

The Phaistos Disk, the Column from Abydos, the Rosetta’s Stone, the plate from Egkomi, the plate from the Athena's sanctuary of the Idalion and the plate of Kortona are some written reports or publications current accounting's and regulatory acts for the king's or administration's or municipality's informing.

Followed - according the Common, Eikonogrammaton and Palaiogrammikon, System Writing and Reading of the Ancient Speech - the phonetic value of Disk letters and the text with a proposed reading.

Due to the font of the original text, you can download the reading (2 pages!) in PDF gr. or engl. together with related Alphabet, from SkyDrive:

https://skydrive.liv...0D7D9EA3235!117

or visit: http://users.sch.gr/kim1954

It could have been a game created for a king. They would not have mass produced it.

I think it is interesting and could be any number of things. My guess is a game.

It could have been a game created for a king. They would not have mass produced it.

I think it is interesting and could be any number of things. My guess is a game.

I would agree. BTW, the only game we know that has an esoteric background looks more or less like it:

461px-El_juego_de_la_Oca_-_Juan_Francisco_Piferrer_-_Barcelona.jpg

• Like 2

I am cracking it!!!!

df1.GIF

From inside out

1- Flower Child smells flower bouquet and

2- walks across to the temple.

3 - Then goes to play indian war around the trees, got ass stuck full of arrows

4- Flower Child smells bouquet,

5- cut down tree, makes a slingshot and a drum stick.

6 -Walks over to Indian camp gets ass stuck full of arrows.

7- With ass stuck full of arrows, a snake chases him and a dove ****s on him.

8-Shoots slingshot at UFO & Phantom B52……

its a work in progress.

• Like 5

I would agree. BTW, the only game we know that has an esoteric background looks more or less like it:

461px-El_juego_de_la_Oca_-_Juan_Francisco_Piferrer_-_Barcelona.jpg

That is interesting. IS it a coincidence or is this a time of revelation?

Just kidding! Had to throw that in there.

There is a clear "path" on each suspected game board.

That is interesting. IS it a coincidence or is this a time of revelation?

Just kidding! Had to throw that in there.

There is a clear "path" on each suspected game board.

Besides that there is an ancient initiation path in Europe that goes from places called the Goose, the Stars, the Star mount Aro and Noya. All contained symbolically in that game.

I am cracking it!!!!

df1.GIF

From inside out

1- Flower Child smells flower bouquet and

2- walks across to the temple.

3 - Then goes to play indian war around the trees, got ass stuck full of arrows

4- Flower Child smells bouquet,

5- cut down tree, makes a slingshot and a drum stick.

6 -Walks over to Indian camp gets ass stuck full of arrows.

7- With ass stuck full of arrows, a snake chases him and a dove ****s on him.

8-Shoots slingshot at UFO & Phantom B52……

its a work in progress.

dude i have to admit, this is prolly the most funny reply i have come acrosson topic, like others have metioned i to agree its a game, and if it was in a palace it was most likley not downgraded for others to play, roalty will always be pompous and seperate from lower classes, my verdict is game , looks to much like a game to me

Spartan;the center figure in location 30 looks like one of those garden thingies of a woman bending over!

Seriously, with all of the repetition of the symbols it reminds me a lot of childrens' memory game.

Keep up the good work in cracking the code; I'd especially like to know why the chocolate chip cookie is featured so much....

Moderator's Note:

I merged a newer thread on the Phaistos Disc with this older one. We don't need two running simultaneously on the same topic. All posts in both threads are preserved in this one.

Thanks.

kmt_sesh

Spartan;the center figure in location 30 looks like one of those garden thingies of a woman bending over!

Seriously, with all of the repetition of the symbols it reminds me a lot of childrens' memory game.

Keep up the good work in cracking the code; I'd especially like to know why the chocolate chip cookie is featured so much....

cos it isnt a chocolate chip cookie - its a pepperoni pizza :)

my i

cos it isnt a chocolate chip cookie - its a pepperoni pizza :)

My interpretation of the circular disc with lots of holes ...was a ass stuck full of arrows. :innocent:

its a bowl... very likely a story tellers device . because it was found in a place where a king was , only means that people who were bullys were there. the person telling the story will be able to turn the bowl so that those listening can see what is going to happen ... but also see what has happened in the past part of the story... when the story ends , the teller is then ready to be fed in his bowl...

in this case , the teller told such a good tale... the king did not need the teller , and kept the bowl.

it is not as much as a language... as clues and tricks to recall a storys events and twists .

it can not be to transparent , or looking into the bowl will revel the audance to much.