Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US to send Patriot missiles/ fighters

BiffSplitkins

Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel has approved the deployment of a Patriot missile battery and F-16 fighter jet aircraft to Jordan as part of a planned military exercise, but with an understanding that the weapons systems may stay in the country to bolster Jordan's security as violence from the Syrian civil war spreads.

The deployment, approved by Hagel over the weekend, will send the weapons to Jordan for a multinational training exercise called Eager Lion, which is taking place this month.

But there is clearly a broader message being sent, according to U.S. military officials. "In order to enhance the defensive posture and capacity of Jordan, some of these assets may remain beyond the exercise at the request of the government of Jordan," Lt Col T.G. Taylor, a spokesman at the U.S. Central Command, told CNN.

Read More

As one reader said in the comments below the article: Translation: Our missiles are already there and ready to go.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark_Grey

• BiffSplitkins

• Ashotep

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one "Patriot" America needs to send...

600191_10200146772266293_418091011_n.jpg

I think we have missiles in a lot of countries. Sounds like to me the Jordanians are worried about the Syrians and Hezbollah.

Reminds me of that song Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.