Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO flies into Mexico's Popocatepetl volcano

Still Waters

Looks like the video is played faster than normal.... and the UFO is probably a helicopter flying around and then decending BEHIND the crater/mountain.

WTF..a chopper? Lol

This object if reversed , may be a bit of rock, lava, etc! Exiting The Volcano , look at it a different way!

If I was going to try to replicate this I'd launch a lit balloon from the volcano and then run the video backwards to make it look like it was landing.

The other idea I have is that it was a helicopter. People/tourists will often rent helicopters to fly over volcanos. And since this one seems to have been lit up somewhat, it would be that much more likely that people would want to see it. Since the video is time lapsed faster, this could easily be a slow helicopter, rather then an airplane that would be moving 100+ mph (200+ kph).

Edited by DieChecker

This object if reversed , may be a bit of rock, lava, etc! Exiting The Volcano , look at it a different way!

How does a piece of ejecta from a volcano follow the path of the object in the video? It would be utterly impossible. It would have to be spit out to the left, change direction to the right and continue on a path that is more horizontal than vertical without making a curve downward as gravity would make it do. Anything ejected from a volcano would follow a roughly parabolic path up and then down toward the earth. Gravity says no to this being a piece of rock or whatever being ejected from the volcano.
  • Like 1

But if you watch the video and observe the smoke billows out of the volcano. If it were reversed you would see the smoke billow in.

For what its worth i think its either an air liner approaching the runway or as Dbunker stated possibly a heicopter checking volcanic activity, as investigating via helicopter is pretty common in Volcanology.

Edited by EnderOTD

Good point on the billowing cloud. Probably not running in reverse then.

• Like 1

It's to fast to be a helicopter.who knows what it can be.

Could be a UFO.

This subject title should read...

UFO flies into Mexico's Popocatepetl volcano - Says Scientologist.

Vulcans..that comment was funny, were else would they live with a name like that?

• Like 1

It's to fast to be a helicopter.who knows what it can be.

Could be a UFO.

It's sped up so that you could see it faster

To me it seems like a helicopter

Again? Blimey they keep on doing that dont they? Ive seen many vids over the years with similar description, heres another

[media=]

[/media]

Neither that or this video is a UFO. They are probably airplanes. If you watch closely you can see the videos are sped up, the stars moving fast, therefor the video is a timelapse, and the object in the videos is actually moving quiet slow. It's also flying in a direction where the volcano is obstructing it's view, giving the illusion that it's flying into the volcano.

Edited by AlienDan

sorry, to confirm, I was talking more about what is it that confirms these observations as 'plasma'?

generally speaking, nothing confirms them, it's just about the probability factor, they're hypothetically put forth as a prosaic explanation for the given observations... we do know that plasmas are real and exhibit said characteristics... hence there is a basis to entertain them, but nothing confirms it; the data is simply insufficient to reach any conclusions... that's why i was merely highlighting / asking about unstructured plasmas in light of seeder's comment i.e. solid objects entering closed spaces are hoaxes... plasmas just pop out of existence, or 'go through', there need not be 'crashes' as such?

With regards to teh edit, I instantly have more questions...i..e what appears to be solid may indeed not be, how do we know they are solid?

that's exactly my point and the reason why i brought up those examples

also when they are said to enter planes or houses, this would indicate they would have to have been observed from both outside and inside , otherwise how do we know where they originated...especially hard to do this in the plane one would imagine.

i'll have to look at the data to be able to know exactly how those conclusions were reached

but rather than answer these (potentially) pointless questions let me read the paper and come back to you

:tu:

• Like 1

Oh and Id agree too, 'anything' - other than UFO's diving into a volcano, which just happens to be solid rock and not hollow!!

hey seeder, just to clarify... my earlier comment, 'portal to the hollow earth' was tongue-in-cheek... :tu:

• Like 1

generally speaking, nothing confirms them, it's just about the probability factor, they're hypothetically put forth as a prosaic explanation for the given observations... we do know that plasmas are real and exhibit said characteristics... hence there is a basis to entertain them, but nothing confirms it; the data is simply insufficient to reach any conclusions... that's why i was merely highlighting / asking about unstructured plasmas in light of seeder's comment i.e. solid objects entering closed spaces are hoaxes... plasmas just pop out of existence, or 'go through', there need not be 'crashes' as such?

ok thanks

that's exactly my point and the reason why i brought up those examples

I am finally following now :)

i'll have to look at the data to be able to know exactly how those conclusions were reached

:tu:

I do think this question is still quite pertinent to the discussion. As are many further questions to the observations recorded in the document you posted.

The finer detail in my opinion is key, I have discussed with S2F before how that the 'timing' is where I see the possible suggestion of intelligence or at least this for me would provide a good indicator.

When the 'ufo (plasma) nears a plane and the controls malfunction, this is as expected due to EM effects, however if a pilot says on the radio 'I will shoot at it' and at this precise moment the weapons malfunction, this suggests something different to me. Of course repeated coincidence like this is key to eliminate the probability possiblity.

I guess there is quite a bit of detail (accurate detail) that is needed to persue this line of thought.

just to add that it appears that only once in the cases quoted did waepons malfunction, the sidewinder missile ceased functioning.

Also noted that the 25 military (US) versus 2 commercial (US) is quite an interesting stat IMO.

Especially if we were to use this as a percentage versus number of flights for both private and military....you would have expected the commercial figure to be much higher and the percentages to be similar allowing for a fair deviation mathematically.

Neither that or this video is a UFO. They are probably airplanes. If you watch closely you can see the videos are sped up, the stars moving fast, therefor the video is a timelapse, and the object in the videos is actually moving quiet slow. It's also flying in a direction where the volcano is obstructing it's view, giving the illusion that it's flying into the volcano.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed! The post you quoted of mine was in fact me being sarcastic. I also pointed out everything you just wrote, earlier, Reading is good! I have quite some experience with these webcams and have seen many 'thingies' myself.... in fact I will confidently say anyone who invests a few hours per night to watch the cams will indeed see strange stuff themselves.

But while it always, well 99% of the time, 'looks anomalous', its mundane in reality.