Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sir David Attenborough,'urgent' heart surgery

Still Waters

Veteran BBC broadcaster Sir David Attenborough underwent successful heart surgery to fit a pacemaker in London today.

The 87-year-old, who was forced to cancel a trip to Australia, had been told by his cardiologist “that he is in urgent need of a pacemaker,” according to a statement from his publicist.

A spokesman for the naturalist said the TV star was doing well following the procedure today.

He said: "Sir David has now had the operation and his doctors are satisfied with his progress."

http://www.independe...ry-8643697.html

• Like 2

get well soon Sir David ... one of my heroes ... a true hero at that ....

~

• Like 4

One man we can all look up to no matter our conviction. Get better Sir David, and we look forward to your honorable presence in our country. Thank you far making us all a little smarter.

• Like 2

One man we can all look up to no matter our conviction. Get better Sir David, and we look forward to your honorable presence in our country. Thank you far making us all a little smarter.

I agree on that, here's hoping he makes a fully and speedy recovery.

I was just watching his programs the other day and they've always been something I've enjoyed because you always learn something from them and see thins you never knew about.

• Like 3

he seemed to be struggling in his last show 'AFRICA' i hope he makes a full recovery and continues to make the awesome documentaries.

• Like 2

A nature documentary is not the same without hearing the voice of Attenborough, he will get well soon...

• Like 2

I am actually watching the "Human Planet" with John Hurt, narrating.. I was trying to think who is the narrator, before I saw the credits and immediately my first thought was Sir David.. This then brought back many memories of all the nature documentaries, I watched as a youngster.

Get well soon Sir David, you were the inspiration to me becoming one with the woodland critters and nature in general.

• Like 1