Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Why I Converted to Islam'

Yamato

I must say recently it is a kind of "in", a new fashion statement rather then a religous one in bosnia to have a hijab.

They are also good for those bad hair days we women complain about lol

On that, over here and in the UK, many women have been known to wear similar to the hijab. The snood ..Have you heard of it? Click this -> https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=The+snood&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=S4yvUdbmEIv_PMLSgNgN&ved=0CDkQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=959#tbm=isch&sa=1&q=snood+scarf&oq=snood&gs_l=img.1.2.0l10.31023.31935.0.35734.2.2.0.0.0.0.95.188.2.2.0...0.0.0..1c.1.15.img.8Ry6ZaxdkeY&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.47380653,d.d2k&fp=3e4cacfe4a213ff0&biw=1680&bih=959

Many catholic nuns wear similar to the hijab only in black and white

• Like 1

OMZJ, Yamato, Why do I have to watch a video of some young girl talk about her religion. I mean if she was sitting there butt naked I might get through the whole thing, but she lost me in the first minute or so. Are you that young woman? Why don't you explain why you're a Muslim? My step-nephew is a Muslim. He told me he is a Muslim because everything he needs to know is explained by the Koran. To which I said, in other words you are unable to think for yourself. Naturally that went over like a lead balloon. If you can come up with a better reason than he did then please enlighten me.

If she were "butt naked", the video would have been removed by YouTube. Also, your statement seems to imply that you would not listen to a woman talk about religion unless she was naked. That tells me that your mind would be on sex rather than religion.

There is no need to be rude about religion unless someone is forcing it down your throat, which I assume your nephew is not. If it is what makes him happy, let him be as long as he isn't hurting anyone. I often have to get on my significant other for this as he is staunchly atheist and often accuses people of worshiping "imaginary gods". I am of the opinion that we can't know if there is or is not, but I'm okay with people believing there is or is not. We just shouldn't use it as an excuse to be mean.

Some people need a little leadership. It's not wrong to need guidance from time to time.

• Like 1

I respect Islam as being one of the people of the book . This is what Muslims call us:

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Final Day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

—Qur'an 2:62

Still the need for someone to withdraw from the world and coverup, unless my assessment is wrong, seems unnecessary. All faiths need to change to join a postmodern world where the divisions between us become less meaningful. Expressions without withdrawing is what is needed. Can't wait to see the new Islam one day.

According to bible scripture you will probably see it quite soon, relatively speaking of course. No I am no prophet. But the word says that there would be a great apostasy before Christ returned and the "man of sin" was revealed. I believe that ecumenism is a major sign of that. Christians are increasingly being fingered and even shouted down as "intolerant or hateful". My Lord said publicly "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me" I actually believe this. Does this mean that I judge those who do not believe it? NO. Not ever. But I will point out what I see as error if they ask or if they tell me I am wrong. We all have to come to peace with these concepts in our own ways and part of that process should not include being killed, subjugated or even harangued into a different belief system.

Edit to add WELCOME BACK RATTE! :w00t:

Edited by and then

I am not particularly religious and there is Nothing wrong with being a Muslim if you follow the rules of the Koran, and act peacefully, but when you get these Crazy Horse Numpties shouting Allah Akbar as they hack someone to bits,not only in London but Iraq,and other places, urged on by Mullahs who spew out Hate and Death to all Christians makes me think that this religeon is not what Mohammad intended when he set it up.You don't find Christian Priests urging their faithful to go out and kill Muslims shouting God is Great.The sooner you Muslims guys realise that some of your high up religious commanders are nutcases and chuck them out the better it will be for all religeons, because at the end product the simple fact is You aint gonna win.

• Like 1

I am not particularly religious and there is Nothing wrong with being a Muslim if you follow the rules of the Koran, and act peacefully, but when you get these Crazy Horse Numpties shouting Allah Akbar as they hack someone to bits,not only in London but Iraq,and other places, urged on by Mullahs who spew out Hate and Death to all Christians makes me think that this religeon is not what Mohammad intended when he set it up.You don't find Christian Priests urging their faithful to go out and kill Muslims shouting God is Great.The sooner you Muslims guys realise that some of your high up religious commanders are nutcases and chuck them out the better it will be for all religeons, because at the end product the simple fact is You aint gonna win.

This is exactly the kind of thing the OP was talking about. This amounts to little more than a thinly veiled insult, acting as if each Muslim is to blame for one decidedly small groups actions.

Not every Muslim takes what the fanatics have to say in stride. Or to heart. But I do know that, where I'm from, Muslims won't even try to defend themselves in fear of being attacked. I'm not a Muslim and I get attacked (mostly verbally, of course) for simply defending people.

Edit to add WELCOME BACK RATTE! :w00t:

Thanks! :)

• Like 1

This is exactly the kind of thing the OP was talking about. This amounts to little more than a thinly veiled insult, acting as if each Muslim is to blame for one decidedly small groups actions.

No it's not an insult, it legal terms it's called due diligence.

Not every Muslim takes what the fanatics have to say in stride. Or to heart. But I do know that, where I'm from, Muslims won't even try to defend themselves in fear of being attacked. I'm not a Muslim and I get attacked (mostly verbally, of course) for simply defending people.

But where are all the massed protests against murderous Jihadists in the West? I haven't seen any. CAIR or some other Muslim organization will put out a press release denouncing these attacks, and that's pretty much it.

Moderate Muslims should be outraged by their Jihadi extremists and protesting, en masse. Specifically, they should be protesting outside of Andy Choudry's masjid.

But where are all the massed protests against murderous Jihadists in the West? I haven't seen any. CAIR or some other Muslim organization will put out a press release denouncing these attacks, and that's pretty much it.

Moderate Muslims should be outraged by their Jihadi extremists and protesting, en masse. Specifically, they should be protesting outside of Andy Choudry's masjid.

I feel you and agree with you !!

This is why my faith in humanity falters daily.

Who is to say that they are not outraged? The fact remains that if they say a thing regarding their religion, they will be, at the very least, verbally attacked. They can not defend themselves because of the anti-Muslim sentiment that has America by its gonads.

And what of the other religious attacks? Bombings of abortion clinics, the Olympic bombing? Where is the Christian outrage at this?

Every religion or lack thereof has its extremist groups. You can not judge the many by the actions of the few.

Edited by Ratte

I think when china takes over the world it will wipe out all religious people entirely.

~snip

because that is exactly what moderates does not do ... protesting something does not mean acknowledging something of the opposite ...

moderates does not agree with the manner of anti Islam sentiments currently so prevalent too ...

there are many moderates that challenges and treat all this antagonists and protagonists with a scholastic manner, not preaching or proselytizing :

IKIM Views (Institut Kefahaman Islam Malaysia)

Malaysia Institute of Islam Understanding link

~

When you think of it from the Christian point of view, how vile are the Phelps? Most Christians don't approve of their actions and yet you only see a couple of hundred people protesting against them at any given time. Where are the millions of Christians in the US while they are spreading their hate?

• Like 2

OMZJ, Yamato, Why do I have to watch a video of some young girl talk about her religion. I mean if she was sitting there butt naked I might get through the whole thing, but she lost me in the first minute or so. Are you that young woman? Why don't you explain why you're a Muslim? My step-nephew is a Muslim. He told me he is a Muslim because everything he needs to know is explained by the Koran. To which I said, in other words you are unable to think for yourself. Naturally that went over like a lead balloon. If you can come up with a better reason than he did then please enlighten me.

I'm not Muslim or religious and have no interest in converting. My interests include questioning false stereotypes and ending world conflict. Christians say that everything is explained in the Bible too, so that doesn't set Islam apart either. I'm fighting the unconscious tendency in so many peoples' minds to divide people: If I can just split the country up into left vs. right, rich vs. poor, young vs. old, religious vs. irreligious, male vs. female, straight vs. gay, black vs. white, and all the rest of them, then I'll make some kind of political progress. That kind of thinking enables all the war in the world. I can't say there is no just war, or that no war breaks out for a worthy cause. But divisive reactionary politics that tarnish entire populations for the actions of the few is what makes human conflict indefinite.

• Like 2

There nothing wrong with the basic religion Islam which means peace be with you and a belief as Chistanity man is of one soul, but its the damm highjack radiacals of that religon that want to control the religion, women and the world.Muslims all over the world should protest.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

I think when china takes over the world it will wipe out all religious people entirely.

only thing is the Dragon and its heads ( Communism) has all but been defeated with the fall of Russia ( that was the direct work of the Lord of the Second Advent) , very soon China will also denounce communism as it embraces Capitalism and then democracey , Then north korea will fall unable to stand , unfortunatly the real battle is between Christians and Muslims if they can find a way to unite, a universal teaching that embraces them both under it will allow this, This is the role of the Lord of Second Advent, to unify the faiths and destroy false doctrines..Those who are the Clouds he comes on are also the "flood" waters.

its not the role to convert, but to work between the faiths,( so to enchourage those to hold onto ones faith and represent it before God , sealed under there lampstand) but also to work between the govt of the world and various religous organisations and faiths to foster peace and bring a completed testament, this testament ( the completed testament, the new truth, the book given to John in his revelation that " tasted sweet as honey in the mouth but turns bitter in the stomach" ) reveals the salvation of mankind unfolding historicaly in the same manner as the Ark of Noah, 3 levels, 3 dispensational time frame periods ( 1st level: things that slither and slide, 2nd level : things that walk on all 4s, 3rd level: birds of the air) it also shows that the world is originaly under Satan (1st Adam), then Gabriel (2nd Adam) them Michael (3rd Adam), we can know Adam was the tree of life ( 1st Adam) because Jesus told us he was "The tree of Life" 2nd Adam, this does not detract from the revelation of the prophet Mohamad or the message of Jesus and his importance. (It shows there missions and the importance of each)

• Like 2

Let's get one thing straight. Wars are caused by testosterone & nothing else

• Like 1

Let's get one thing straight. Wars are caused by testosterone & nothing else

This is exactly what I'm talking about in #37

only thing is the Dragon and its heads ( Communism) has all but been defeated with the fall of Russia ( that was the direct work of the Lord of the Second Advent) , very soon China will also denounce communism as it embraces Capitalism and then democracey , Then north korea will fall unable to stand , unfortunatly the real battle is between Christians and Muslims if they can find a way to unite, a universal teaching that embraces them both under it will allow this, This is the role of the Lord of Second Advent, to unify the faiths and destroy false doctrines..Those who are the Clouds he comes on are also the "flood" waters.

I rather like the idea of Communism. The idea is a great one, though something that can not be realistically carried out. Yes, North Korea will fall, but not because they are a bad guy and bad guys are always vanquished in the end, but rather because people can't keep their noses out of other people's business.

Also, if that implies destroying other religious documents, that would not be cool at all. There are some Hindu texts that are much older than the texts of other faiths and are very fun reads.

its not the role to convert, but to work between the faiths,( so to enchourage those to hold onto ones faith and represent it before God , sealed under there lampstand) but also to work between the govt of the world and various religous organisations and faiths to foster peace and bring a completed testament, this testament ( the completed testament, the new truth, the book given to John in his revelation that " tasted sweet as honey in the mouth but turns bitter in the stomach" ) reveals the salvation of mankind unfolding historicaly in the same manner as the Ark of Noah, 3 levels, 3 dispensational time frame periods ( 1st level: things that slither and slide, 2nd level : things that walk on all 4s, 3rd level: birds of the air) it also shows that the world is originaly under Satan (1st Adam), then Gabriel (2nd Adam) them Michael (3rd Adam), we can know Adam was the tree of life ( 1st Adam) because Jesus told us he was "The tree of Life" 2nd Adam, this does not detract from the revelation of the prophet Mohamad or the message of Jesus and his importance. (It shows there missions and the importance of each)

I'm not saying this to be rude, but; what?

Can you maybe separate this into paragraphs or organize it in a way that it is more easily understood?

Who is to say that they are not outraged? The fact remains that if they say a thing regarding their religion, they will be, at the very least, verbally attacked.

By whom, other Muslims? That just proves my point, the moderates are afraid to speak out publicly.

They can not defend themselves because of the anti-Muslim sentiment that has America by its gonads.

You don't think Americans would love to see Muslims protesting in front of radical, militant Masjids and Mosques?

And what of the other religious attacks? Bombings of abortion clinics, the Olympic bombing? Where is the Christian outrage at this?

Here we go. These are isolated incidents perpetrated by lone wolves. There's no global, militant, crusader network despite the paranoia of some Muslim leaders.

Every religion or lack thereof has its extremist groups. You can not judge the many by the actions of the few.

That's not true. Show me an example of a militant, murderous Jain?

Look, you can have all the ecumenical love fests you want, preaching cultural and religious relativism. That won't change the fact that while most religions have progressed with modernity, others are still stuck in a Bronze Age mindset.

Stoning is sanctioned by Sharia law, and is enforced. In 2007 a woman was sentenced to a judicial stoning in Iran. I came across the full movie of The Stoning of Soraya M. on Youtube recently. From what I see, the only errors against Islam they committed was that they only had two witnesses instead of three, tsk, tsk.

When it comes to other Bronze Age practices like slavery, the Wiki entry states; "As recently as the early 1960s, Saudi Arabia's slave population was estimated at 300,000. Along with Yemen, the Saudis abolished slavery only in 1962"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58nLi5eA-I[/media]

When you think of it from the Christian point of view, how vile are the Phelps? Most Christians don't approve of their actions and yet you only see a couple of hundred people protesting against them at any given time. Where are the millions of Christians in the US while they are spreading their hate?

Funny you should mention that... I was reading something from the WBC site.. What they have said about the rest of the Christian world is hateful... They note - Every other Christian throughout the world are filled with lies and lies are preached from their pulpits every day, they do not know the bible, they will burn in hell.

Everyone but the WBC are going to burn.. These people are effing nuts... I also read that the KKK don't even like them, and that's saying something !!

• Like 3

By whom, other Muslims? That just proves my point, the moderates are afraid to speak out publicly.

What is more important to you? Your image in the eyes of other people or your safety?

You don't think Americans would love to see Muslims protesting in front of radical, militant Masjids and Mosques?

Frankly? I don't. Because people would misunderstand and violence would happen. Further fostering hate.

I dunno about you, but when someone punches me, I punch back.

Here we go. These are isolated incidents perpetrated by lone wolves. There's no global, militant, crusader network despite the paranoia of some Muslim leaders.

It's all the same. There are people who do bad things everywhere, in all walks of life. My point is that you can not judge a whole based on some individuals.

If foreigners were to judge the United States by me, they might think "Well, they're all ugly and have weird hobbies, but they're pretty nice. Could use a breath mint." But I am not all Americans.

That's not true. Show me an example of a militant, murderous Jain?

Look, you can have all the ecumenical love fests you want, preaching cultural and religious relativism. That won't change the fact that while most religions have progressed with modernity, others are still stuck in a Bronze Age mindset.

Stoning is sanctioned by Sharia law, and is enforced. In 2007 a woman was sentenced to a judicial stoning in Iran. I came across the full movie of The Stoning of Soraya M. on Youtube recently. From what I see, the only errors against Islam they committed was that they only had two witnesses instead of three, tsk, tsk.

When it comes to other Bronze Age practices like slavery, the Wiki entry states; "As recently as the early 1960s, Saudi Arabia's slave population was estimated at 300,000. Along with Yemen, the Saudis abolished slavery only in 1962"

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q58nLi5eA-I[/media]

I never said I support or agree with their beliefs, laws or policies. I just said and implied that there is no need for racism and hatred.

And okay, maybe you won't find any with murderous intent there, but I'm speaking in general terms.

People need to be educated, not looked down upon. Dang.

Adam was the tree of life

I believe that is the information that will unite all religions. Man is the tree of life & is rooted in God & simply has to look within & he will know God. It's not something that is without in a church or temple however majestic those places are. Each person Is The Tree of Life & do not have to convert or perform any religious observances to remain with & be accepted totally by God forever.

However we look without & not within & so we require symbolic things like religions to constantly remind us that there is a god at the end of it all.

Most all people only know about the larger world through watching the news & so they may never know the world as it really is, & live in a much more stressful & divided world as a result.

Edited by Perfection

What is more important to you? Your image in the eyes of other people or your safety?

So moderate Muslims should not protest militant Masjids and Mosques because they will incur the threat of harm from these very same militant Muslims? So when exactly should people stand up for a moral cause if at all?

Frankly? I don't. Because people would misunderstand and violence would happen. Further fostering hate.

So not only would moderate Muslims incur threats of violence from militant Muslims, their protests against them will also be misinterpreted by non-Muslim Americans? Right, you got any more wild excuses and implausible predictions why moderate Muslims shouldn't stand up and be counted?

I dunno about you, but when someone punches me, I punch back.

Ok, now it seems like you justifying violence from extremist Muslims against a hypothetical protest from moderate Muslims.

It's all the same. There are people who do bad things everywhere, in all walks of life. My point is that you can not judge a whole based on some individuals.

I never said all Muslims are violent.

If foreigners were to judge the United States by me, they might think "Well, they're all ugly and have weird hobbies, but they're pretty nice. Could use a breath mint." But I am not all Americans.

That's a lame straw man argument.

I never said I support or agree with their beliefs, laws or policies. I just said and implied that there is no need for racism and hatred.

I agree. This has nothing to do with racism, there are plenty of murderous non-Arab fanatical Muslims. I think you are confused.

And okay, maybe you won't find any with murderous intent there, but I'm speaking in general terms.

But you're the one who keeps telling me not to make wide sweeping, generalized judgements against a population segment.

People need to be educated, not looked down upon. Dang.

Indeed. I'm not disparaging you, but I would suggest a more thorough study of history and religion.

edit: actually, before studying history and religion, I would recommend studying logic and reasoning first. Then you will be able to make cogent arguments. Just trying to be helpful here.

cheers

Edited by redhen
  • Like 1

I rather like the idea of Communism. The idea is a great one, though something that can not be realistically carried out. Yes, North Korea will fall, but not because they are a bad guy and bad guys are always vanquished in the end, but rather because people can't keep their noses out of other people's business.

Also, if that implies destroying other religious documents, that would not be cool at all. There are some Hindu texts that are much older than the texts of other faiths and are very fun reads.

I'm not saying this to be rude, but; what?

Can you maybe separate this into paragraphs or organize it in a way that it is more easily understood?

its written like that for a reason..

if you look closer you will find the message, and its not about destruction of faiths..or to "attack" speek hate, vilify any religous Faith or order, to minimise any to justify a opinion.

and to those who do that should rember :the mesure they use can be the mesure used unto them. ( was the fate of the egypt soldiers pusuing moses right?, was the atomic bomb right? was the battle of britan right?) cont..theres three aspects with all this regarding Crime/Sin, (this is not a divine teaching but a earthly one) :

Crime, Prevention/Sentencing, Rehabilition. If a crime towards man ( like that before heaven) has occured then the Crime is acknowledged, then the purpose is to prevent it occuring again,/ this can be done by using the same mesure they used if they dont repent ( its called :crimes and prevention) then the purpose is to rehabilitate the purpetrator of said crime. when that system breaks down there is injustice ( as justice has not occured or is continuing).

I have a simple message here , To proclaim the Lord of the second Advent, that is my mandate from Heaven, like a voice crying in the wilderness.

back to your question Ratte, on the page before you can see a teaching about the "Lampstands before the throne of God." you see this teaching, it instructs that all faiths and there central figures are these ( although Jesus is the chief cornerstone), that includes Confucius ,Mohamad and others..these are the lampstands. given at diffrent times in diffrent regions, with jesus , The bible teaches that the Lord lit a light at his feet, there is some other teaching in the bible regarding the lampstands.

My message is: these are all correct, God worked in all, However I proclaim the Lord of the second Advent, and it should be noted this is a new age.( im refering to the words here " until the end of the age" , those who have a ear) . My Lord Jesus forbid us telling his name or where he is from , so all i can do is leave a trail of bread crumbs and you have to find him yourself.. those who know the Parable of the fig tree know the time we live in ..they were also told to be watchful..its back at them now to do as such..Jesus also talks about that time ( this time) with a simple message and a warning " Lord Lord, have we done not manny wonders and cast out demons in your name/, and I will say to them in that time " Depart from me you workers of inequity" this is the fate of those who attack The Lord of the Second Advent and his..they become anti-christ by definition..however it should be noted in luke 17 " He will suffer much and be REJECTED"

The Bible is a code book in part Ratte, Those who dont recognise that get stuck to the letter, trying to interpret meanings in the words but missing the message, its important to see and hear beyond,( those who have a ear let them hear) the more important aspect is to capture the essence.

In regards to the coming of the son of Man:

The best verse for this is Luke 17, Mathew 24 has a Angel talking to the diciples and asks: why look at the sky?, he will come as you saw him go, ( that is born, grow, complete mission , assend to heaven), Jesus also refers to the lord of the second Advent as the spirit of truth.

one of my personal favorites is about the man who found a great tresure in a field, hid it again, sold all he had and bought that field!!!

we spoke Ratte, i have other matters to attend to now.

163516_10152771754445475_830607701_n.jpg

Edgar would've been terrified if he were here today .......

~

• Like 1

I would suggest a more ardent study of history and religion, and empire and war and militancy and tribalism and nationalism and socialism and racism and sexism and discrimination in all of its forms. The day that every single one of us relieves ourselves of that one group that we've been taught to despise the most, the problem will still remain in our own.

• Like 1