Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian Defence Minister Alien Disclosure

Dark_Grey

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/06/05/paul-hellyer-aliens-ufos-video_n_3390295.html

"Hellyer, whose beliefs on extraterrestrial life and UFOs are well established, made the statements at the non-governmental hearings chaired by six former U.S. congressmen and aimed at, according to the event's website, doing "what the U.S. Congress had failed to do for forty-five years — [sic] seek out the facts surrounding the most important issue of this or any other time — [sic] evidence pointing toward an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race."

(From the Comments...)

"Let's not forget that Mr. Hellyer was the Minister of National Defense, not just some random low level political drone. He certainly had access to sensitive and classified information, and if he is willing to stake his reputation on these comments, perhaps we should listen."

That basically sums up my thoughts. Goes back to that "credible witness" issue that plagues a lot of Disclosure events. So how credible is this guy?

Seems like another Icke, without the shellsuit.

http://ascendingstarseed.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/toronto-star-paul-hellyer-defends-aliens-after-stephen-hawkings-warning/

Paul Hellyer defends aliens after Stephen Hawking’s warning

“I liked Paul, I worked for him in the leadership race in 1968, and when he called me up to see me I was pleased to see him and we reminisced for a while,” Kenny recalls.

“Then, wow! Out of the blue, he starts talking about extraterrestrials and how they’re everywhere and they have these immense powers.”

I want to want to believe... But I just can't seem to get there.

And can we trust anything a Canadian says? J/k ;)

I want to want to believe... But I just can't seem to get there.

And can we trust anything a Canadian says? J/k ;)

I'm surprised anyone listens to me! :w00t:

http://www.huffingto..._n_3390295.html

"Hellyer, whose beliefs on extraterrestrial life and UFOs are well established, made the statements at the non-governmental hearings chaired by six former U.S. congressmen and aimed at, according to the event's website, doing "what the U.S. Congress had failed to do for forty-five years — [sic] seek out the facts surrounding the most important issue of this or any other time — [sic] evidence pointing toward an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race."

(From the Comments...)

"Let's not forget that Mr. Hellyer was the Minister of National Defense, not just some random low level political drone. He certainly had access to sensitive and classified information, and if he is willing to stake his reputation on these comments, perhaps we should listen."

That basically sums up my thoughts. Goes back to that "credible witness" issue that plagues a lot of Disclosure events. So how credible is this guy?

so the only thing I can really see that causes a stir is that he is an ex Defence Minister. Who in later years has began to reveal he believes in ET.

So in the respect, he is no more credible than you or I stating what we believe in. None of us have proof of ET or proof of contact, so just stating what you believe is neither here nor there.

Read this article after Ive quoted this bit from it:

quote: "For someone like Hellyer, however - a guy who once stood at the pinnacle of the Canadian political system, and then proceeded to flush his once-promising career down the toilet over a period of three decades, to the point where he exists now as little more than the answer to a trivia question ("what idiot put the Canadian navy and air force in army green?") - it isn't the size of the pond that matters anymore, but the size of the fish. Particularly when he's the fish.

Most important to the ETH proponents (and their more radical off-shoots, the True Believers), he was a VIP (sure, that was forty years ago, but they'll take what they can get these days).

He was going to blow the roof off the joint.

He was going to expose secrets.

In the words of one of the event organizers when he introduced Hellyer this past Sunday, "we are here today witnessing history."

As Hellyer's fellow speaker, exopolitics-activist / conspiracy theorist Steven Bassett, wrote:

"The Toronto Symposium will break new ground. It will mark the first time in history that any defense minister or secretary of defense of any first world nation (and possibly any nation) will state publicly that he or she is convinced the UFO phenomenon is extraterrestrial in origin."

And then The Big Fish opened his mouth.

THUD.

In short, it seems that the Big Fish has become the Big Flop.

Why?

Because they've finally figured out that he doesn't know anything, at least not in an official capacity.

Worse, he's not just another believer. He's an exopolitical, Phil Corso-reading believer.

More

http://redstarfilms.blogspot.co.uk/2005/09/paul-hellyer-big-fish-flops.html

• Like 2

Thanks, Seeder. Tbh I should have just Googled this guy's name and dug after his credentials myself before posting the link. I want ET visitation to be real so badly, but every time someone "comes forward" or new evidence surfaces, I get a little more jaded when it is thoroughly debunked. Ah well - such is fact, not fiction.

• Like 1

Thanks, Seeder. Tbh I should have just Googled this guy's name and dug after his credentials myself before posting the link. I want ET visitation to be real so badly, but every time someone "comes forward" or new evidence surfaces, I get a little more jaded when it is thoroughly debunked. Ah well - such is fact, not fiction.

No worries, I too want to believe, want to see proof, want to see aliens fly in to visit. But personally, if and when they come, I seriously doubt they will have anything to do with our govts in secret places. How will they even know who they are? Where they are located?

Nope, I reckon if and when they come, we will 'all' know about it. As in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" movie, thats how I reckon it will happen. fair enough after they land they may want to see who is in charge.. but I feel we will all know about it when it happens, dont forget there are 1000's of amateur astronomers in the world all watching the skies too, and all communicating with each other about their observations on the web, so when one sees something coming into earth, it will be like a viral video that gets passed via email/social networking ...all round the globe in seconds...

and some of these astronomers just track moving objects, perhaps looking for a comet no-one has so far observed and getting to have their name on it...truly, the world is ringed with such amateur astronomers,.... the govts cant silence them all. But I dont think they will even bother to, theyd be just as in a flap as the rest of us!!

Edited by seeder
  • Like 1

No worries, I too want to believe, want to see proof, want to see aliens fly in to visit. But personally, if and when they come, I seriously doubt they will have anything to do with our govts in secret places. How will they even know who they are? Where they are located?

Nope, I reckon if and when they come, we will 'all' know about it. As in "The Day the Earth Stood Still" movie, thats how I reckon it will happen. fair enough after they land they may want to see who is in charge.. but I feel we will all know about it when it happens, dont forget there are 1000's of amateur astronomers in the world all watching the skies too, and all communicating with each other about their observations on the web, so when one sees something coming into earth, it will be like a viral video that gets passed via email/social networking ...all round the globe in seconds...

Funny, I have the exact same idea of how it will happen. I don't expect they would know any more about who our leaders are than we would if we were to touchdown on their home planet. It makes me seriously question the notion that the governments have been secretly working with aliens. Not only would they have to contact them discreetly, avoiding the eyes of the entire world, but they would have to convince these ET's not to outright reveal themselves. Of course, this would assume that our great leaders could even properly communicate with them in the first place.

A Day the Earth Stood Still scenario gets me excited just thinking about it - on that day, mankind will come together like never before. Even if only for that one day.

• Like 1

Funny, I have the exact same idea of how it will happen. I don't expect they would know any more about who our leaders are than we would if we were to touchdown on their home planet. It makes me seriously question the notion that the governments have been secretly working with aliens. Not only would they have to contact them discreetly, avoiding the eyes of the entire world, but they would have to convince these ET's not to outright reveal themselves. Of course, this would assume that our great leaders could even properly communicate with them in the first place.

A Day the Earth Stood Still scenario gets me excited just thinking about it - on that day, mankind will come together like never before. Even if only for that one day.

The Russian comet that come blasting in a while ago, was not observed/known about - and took the world by surprise!! OK, it was allegedly too small to have been tracked, but who knows if thats not just red faced official explanations? What if genuine ET-UFO's cant be observed because of whatever science they use? I think, we either have two scenario's, a lone ship - or an entire fleet of them! For the fleet I think Id go hide in a sewer pipe someplace....for a lone ship- Id be waving with the world!!

• Like 2

interesting testimony.

it would not shock me if it were true

• Like 1

All he is doing is basing his opinions off of sighting reports. He has no "inside information" that we don't.

• Like 1

interesting testimony.

it would not shock me if it were true

It should, it's out and out nonsense.

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

I'll bump this because I just saw the video:

The guy is 86 years old so my question is why would he lie? Some guy sent him impressive material. After that he mentions the alien flotilla which is real or not? Then it's talk of "tall whites" living with the air force and floating across the desert. Then he compares them to the tooth fairy to say the reality is unbelievable--and few believe; strange analogy because he is saying the fantasy is not real meaning: the fantasy that there are no aliens. Then he ties it all in to world cabal government--based on Rockefeller statements. Then it becomes a noble cause for young people which would explain why he decided to speak of it in the first place. So the guy had good intentions, credibility, and a flotilla to back him up. Then it all just faded into the woodwork, or am I missing something.

• Like 1

The guy is 86 years old so my question is why would he lie? Some guy sent him impressive material. After that he mentions the alien flotilla which is real or not? Then it's talk of "tall whites" living with the air force and floating across the desert. Then he compares them to the tooth fairy to say the reality is unbelievable--and few believe; strange analogy because he is saying the fantasy is not real meaning: the fantasy that there are no aliens. Then he ties it all in to world cabal government--based on Rockefeller statements. Then it becomes a noble cause for young people which would explain why he decided to speak of it in the first place. So the guy had good intentions, credibility, and a flotilla to back him up. Then it all just faded into the woodwork, or am I missing something.

Probably a good reason for it fading away would be that it is nonsense from beginning to end.

Cheers,

Badeskov

maybe start by reading the first few posts again, this guy is a known loser, who reads from books about 'others' experiences, and is on the gravy train like most others in ufology, I believe my own post at the beginning of the thread offers sufficient debunks, but then again I would wouldn't I? :lol:

Probably a good reason for it fading away would be that it is nonsense from beginning to end.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I thought the alien flotilla was recognized by multiple countries.

maybe start by reading the first few posts again, this guy is a known loser, who reads from books about 'others' experiences, and is on the gravy train like most others in ufology, I believe my own post at the beginning of the thread offers sufficient debunks, but then again I would wouldn't I? :lol:

That's opinion vs. opinion you quoted there. Being ignored and ridiculed is the ufo gravy train? Maybe debunk the alien flotilla, which I heard about somewhere else. And what is Rockefeller's role in all this? It seems like just killing the messenger on this thread. Being new to the ufo issue I don't really have an opinion yet.

And what countries would that be, exactly?

Cheers,

Badeskov

The Rootbeer Float Nation,and the Hot Fudge Sunday Float Nation, to mention a few ! Duh ! Didnt see that one coming I Bet ? :tu:

Happy New Year Badeskov`s !

And what countries would that be, exactly?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Didn't he say Russia and the US among others? I'd have to watch it again. Apparently there are a bunch more on google.

That's opinion vs. opinion you quoted there. Being ignored and ridiculed is the ufo gravy train? Maybe debunk the alien flotilla, which I heard about somewhere else. And what is Rockefeller's role in all this? It seems like just killing the messenger on this thread. Being new to the ufo issue I don't really have an opinion yet.

Difficult to debunk the UFO flotilla.

Paste this into youtube search bar.

UFOTV® Presents: THE UFO ENIGMA OF FLYING SPHERES - 2013 FEATURE FILM

See 11:18

As real as Wren's eggs.

Edited by zoser

Didn't he say Russia and the US among others? I'd have to watch it again. Apparently there are a bunch more on google.

No country has ever acknowledged any ET life, let alone a flotilla. Only lone crackpots have been rambling about such.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

No country has ever acknowledged any ET life, let alone a flotilla. Only lone crackpots have been rambling about such.

Cheers,

Badeskov

See video above.

Difficult to debunk the UFO flotilla.

Paste this into youtube search bar.

UFOTV® Presents: THE UFO ENIGMA OF FLYING SPHERES - 2013 FEATURE FILM

See 11:18

As real as Wren's eggs.

Not difficult at all, what is difficult, no check that, is impossible, is to prove any such. And no, your vivid imagination while alien to most of us here given the illogical workings is not evidence of ET life either.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Does this make him sound rational?

"In November 2005, he accused U.S. President George W. Bush of plotting an "Intergalactic War". The former defence minister told an audience at the University of Toronto" :lol:

Intergalactic!! Think about it. That means from one galaxy to another, hell we havent even got to Mars yet nevermind the sheer impossibility of getting to another galaxy... :w00t: but...He said those words!!

And he said even more...

The former defence minister told an audience at the University of Toronto: "The United States military are preparing weapons which could be used against the aliens, and they could get us into an intergalactic war without us ever having any warning...The Bush Administration has finally agreed to let the military build a forward base on the moon, which will put them in a better position to keep track of the goings and comings of the visitors from space, and to shoot at them, if they so decide."

So all those years ago Bush was allegedly allowing Moonbases to be built. WHAT?

he then attacked Stephen hawking...

In 2010, Hellyer accused Stephen Hawking of spreading misinformation about threats from aliens. According to Hawking, if human beings tried to contact aliens, they could invade us and take away our most important resources. Hawking had also said that though most extraterrestrial life could be only in the form of small animals, there could also be "nomads, looking to conquer and colonize" other planets. Hellyer told the Canadian Press that - "the reality is that they (aliens) have been visiting earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hellyer

See video above.

No chance! Give me a scientific paper instead and we can talk. Besides that I am 33,000 feet in the air above Greenland and not able to watch video anyways.

Cheers,

Badeskov