Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How can you be a real life Wizard ? (wise one

LostSouls7

Here is the thing about Earth Base religions and there are a lot of them and they are all different, They are not for the most part revealed religions were you have guru or a sacred book, Wicca is the about the only one with a source, Gardner. But even that can be iffy depending on the coven. They are experience religions. Each person must explore and experience the path in their own way. Now one would think it is utter chaos, but it is not. You would be surprised most of us come to the same conclusions and have similar experiences. I circle with Wiccans, Druids, Buddhist, new age and a couple others I can't think of. It works because we all seek a similar goal, honor the Earth and the higher self. We all go about it a little different but we share our experiences and learn from them. Another thing is there isn't a lot of us out there and if you don't play nice you will find yourself in the woods alone. That works for a lot of people, but it is kind of like trying to play baseball by yourself. In Earth Base religion there is only one sacred book that is the Earth. Without the Earth we will die. Space is a harsh mistress.

• Like 1

So not all Wiccans follow the Wiccan Rede?

The so-called 'rede' simply states 'do as thou wilt' and yadda-yadda-yadda.

Nothing in there about spouting rainbows from your.....ears. None of this 'happy love and light' stuff.

So long as there is no intentions to do actual damage then do as you see fit.

• Like 1

I am starting to understand witch and wizardry... it really is at our core. I dont know if some are more apt to do it than others for heritary reason or whatever reason but I assume it is for everyone. Its unfortunate christianity has demonized it, although I can see how it can be misued and even perhaps dangerous if you are not balanced but truthfully I would assume people are doing witchcraft everyday, as well as receiving the blessings and backlash associated with it without even knowing it, it is better to be informed and cognicent of your intentions..

I think Doreen Valiente came up with the Wiccan Rede. Except for the yadda-yadda-yadda. lol

It goes like this, Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill, An it harm none do what ye will. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiccan_Rede

I am not a Wiccan but I have always kind of liked it. Simple and to the point. Harm none part can get pretty sticky. It means you have to stop and think about what you are doing and who it will affect. When the Christians said there were going to protest our festival the first thing I said to people who were going was bring extra water for them. Don't want anybody dieing in the heat because of what we are doing right or wrong. Blessed Be that looks like it is going to be adverted, the LLL step in and educated some people. After all our money says in, God We Trust, too. All Hail the Lord of Money.

I think in the bible it just condems black magic, or curses bindings right?

I never see where it says you can't use supernatural power to heal..

or be positive in unity with nature...

Even Jesus used magic right? Of course they say he got his powers from God etc.

But he did healing.

In the bible is always just talks bad about Sorcery... etc.

But i never saw it say white magic was bad.

But he did healing.

Yes christianity uses spiritual power but the bible does specifically condemn "witchcraft" which I find confusing because the practices could be considered witchcraft depending on how you look at it or what you call it. I guess as long as you call it prayer your good!

But he did healing.

The bible condemns withcraft, and all sorts of supernatural/paranormal/metaphysical attributes... The problem is that the bible only applies to those who believe in it. One who is not Christian is not affected by that of which it condemns.

The bible condemns withcraft, and all sorts of supernatural/paranormal/metaphysical attributes... The problem is that the bible only applies to those who believe in it. One who is not Christian is not affected by that of which it condemns.

The problem is that there is a seperation between governments of beliefs but we all have access to the same power. There are many principles of the christian faith that apply to the supernatural and are very important these in some cases cannot carry over to those who do not adcribe to christianity because of thier belief and vise versa, a christian can also be hindered in thier recognition of thier true porential because they have been made afraid. A christian that can access the power dispite these things is a true warrior and also a "witch", in my opinion who puts the holy one before her. Truthfully we should not be divided. All have access to and practice "evil", at least a witch in doing so can boldly label it and be accountable for her actions while a christian must hide out waiting to be exposed... ,

I wonder if witchcraft is so highly condemed by the church because there is a lot of feminine and earth power. Now the Jews at least so I heard did recognize the power of the moon and the earlier practice show definate signs of nature, the sacrifice, the cleansing and bur ning of herbs etc... yeah must be because of the power it gives to women because everyone knows, its mostly women in the church, in numbers they are always the most active, upright and faithful (no offence men) so thats what I think, purposed to take away power. I really didnt start thinking about these matters until I recognized the divine feminine and my world has changed a lot since then.

I disagree about what you said about this applies to only those who believe in the bible or are christian because I am christian and a student of the bible, it effects me greatly and something I have to deal with.

I disagree about what you said about this applies to only those who believe in the bible or are christian because I am christian and a student of the bible, it effects me greatly and something I have to deal with.

You said you disagree, but then you say you do believe in the bible and it holds authority over you.

The bible has nothing to do with me, or my faith, or my ability to use light or dark energies at all. How can someone else's beliefs make mine any better or worse if I don't believe in them?

If you do study the bible then you already know that the bible says that witchcraft, and similar things are of the devil... I am just answering the question that was asked, without putting my own beliefs in it...

Witchcraft is mentioned in the New Testament. So one has to look at what the word means in the original Greek and not just how it was translated by King James' translators.

In the Greek it is "pharmakeia". Not exactly the same thing as what we consider witchcraft meant for balance, intention, or good will. Of course wanting to harm another is already covered in other passages that have nothing to do with witchcraft or magic.

The Old Testament also has rules on the proper way to keep slaves and not to mix textiles like we do with synthetic blends. Talking back to your parents or cheating in marriage was to be punished by death. Cultural edicts for a tribal era and not ours.

Edited by The world needs you
  • Like 1

You said you disagree, but then you say you do believe in the bible and it holds authority over you.

The bible has nothing to do with me, or my faith, or my ability to use light or dark energies at all. How can someone else's beliefs make mine any better or worse if I don't believe in them?

If you do study the bible then you already know that the bible says that witchcraft, and similar things are of the devil... I am just answering the question that was asked, without putting my own beliefs in it...

No I did not say that the bible holds authority over me, im saying that these issues effect me because I am christian and a student of the bible. Im just saying these are issues I deal with as a christian.. for you it doesn't have an effect because you are totally seperate from its teaching, I am not but and the same time I do not see using the spiritual powers as unchristian. What I do see is how the two should be able to corrolate more than they do in present day society. But then again it is a private matter to each owns heart. For me as long as I can continue to grow in not being worried what others think about me I will be ok.

Edited by SpiritWriter

Witchcraft is mentioned in the New Testament. So one has to look at what the word means in the original Greek and not just how it was translated by King James' translators.

In the Greek it is "pharmakeia". Not exactly the same thing as what we consider witchcraft meant for balance, intention, or good will. Of course wanting to harm another is already covered in other passages that have nothing to do with witchcraft or magic.

The Old Testament also has rules on the proper way to keep slaves and not to mix textiles like we do with synthetic blends. Talking back to your parents or cheating in marriage was to be punished by death. Cultural edicts for a tribal era and not ours.

Wait cultural what for a tribal era? My faith stems from the tribal era, and we didn't have much at all in common with those things you pointed out to be cultural edicts.. Don't blame us cause someone said something! lol

@SpiritWriter Thank you for clearing that up.. Now I understand what your stance is.

At any rate, wizardry is about knowledge so learn your face off and I hope you enjoy!

Unrelated but one should also understand the difference between high and low magic.

Prefer low magic myself.

I have a Christian Background...

but let's be honest.. Moses WAS a Wizard... the long wooden staff that he used

to do magick... his long gray beard.. and his robe...

Of course they say his magic was directly from God....

Jesus could be considered a Wizard..

and the Book of Acts.. if full of the Apostles doing all KINDS of magick acts..

so yes as long as you call it prayer.. and you say your power is from God..

i guess as a Christian you can do magick!!

Oh but I think God.. and Apostples did black magick as well..

when they cast a curse to blind the Sorcery Bar Jesus...

and also when God cast the curse of Leper illness on people...

so also I guess curses and black magic is fine..

as long as you do it using God's power ?

Bottom line... If i was made in God's image...

I am creative.. and i manifest with the word.. and emotion as he does I think.

I study herbs and plants how they heal DNA.. boost energy.

Make healthy potions. To some people they will say that is demonic witch craft...

but NO.. i am using what God and nature created... and learn about it's hidden powers..

to benefit me and others...

but let's say you mix poision herbs and try to make an enemy drink that..

then you could say you are using evil intent to hurt someone etc...

even with herbs some heal. but some can harm or kill you...

Now of my things i manifest were by will of Devil or Demons..

because i dont call on them.. and never made a pact with them....

If anything since my songs and thinking is high vibes..

it would be more angelic magic....

I feel we all do magic to a certain extent... our state of mind..

what we think.. feel say... it all manifests in some way.

People who think, speak, write negative all the time..

usually have a pretty bad life....

As opposed to someone who is more positive...

they seem happy and joyful and in good spirits most of the time :)

I am liking your comment but that doesn't mean I agree with cursing people.. yes I agree we are made in the image of god, but I do agree with this thinking.

DarkWind what are your views on Aleister Crowley?

I have a Christian Background...

but let's be honest.. Moses WAS a Wizard... the long wooden staff that he used

to do magick... his long gray beard.. and his robe...

Of course they say his magic was directly from God....

Jesus could be considered a Wizard..

and the Book of Acts.. if full of the Apostles doing all KINDS of magick acts..

so yes as long as you call it prayer.. and you say your power is from God..

i guess as a Christian you can do magick!!

Oh but I think God.. and Apostples did black magick as well..

when they cast a curse to blind the Sorcery Bar Jesus...

and also when God cast the curse of Leper illness on people...

so also I guess curses and black magic is fine..

as long as you do it using God's power ?

Bottom line... If i was made in God's image...

I am creative.. and i manifest with the word.. and emotion as he does I think.

I study herbs and plants how they heal DNA.. boost energy.

Make healthy potions. To some people they will say that is demonic witch craft...

but NO.. i am using what God and nature created... and learn about it's hidden powers..

to benefit me and others...

but let's say you mix poision herbs and try to make an enemy drink that..

then you could say you are using evil intent to hurt someone etc...

even with herbs some heal. but some can harm or kill you...

Now of my things i manifest were by will of Devil or Demons..

because i dont call on them.. and never made a pact with them....

If anything since my songs and thinking is high vibes..

it would be more angelic magic....

I feel we all do magic to a certain extent... our state of mind..

what we think.. feel say... it all manifests in some way.

People who think, speak, write negative all the time..

usually have a pretty bad life....

As opposed to someone who is more positive...

they seem happy and joyful and in good spirits most of the time :)

Moses got in trouble and wasnt allowed to go into the promiseland because he claimed that the specific miracle was his own doing. Now obviously If he really knew magick why would he exclude himself from getting into the promiseland. Because it was all gods doing

Yes moses was differentiated from the other sorcerers who performed the same trick and his serpant ate all of the other sorcerers serpants so that the pharoah would know he got his power from God

Yes moses was differentiated from the other sorcerers who performed the same trick and his serpant ate all of the other sorcerers serpants so that the pharoah would know he got his power from God

Exactly

From a believers perspective don't we all get our power from God? From the Universe? Just waking up and breathing. Of course we can claim it is our will and power alone. We all use this same energy and at times we can let it use us. Why is magic any different than the mundane in this regard? Moses and the magicians of the Pharaoh worked on the same principles within the framework of that myth in my view.

Moses was a Druid. lolol

• Like 1

From a believers perspective don't we all get our power from God? From the Universe? Just waking up and breathing. Of course we can claim it is our will and power alone. We all use this same energy and at times we can let it use us. Why is magic any different than the mundane in this regard? Moses and the magicians of the Pharaoh worked on the same principles within the framework of that myth in my view.

The story states they were instructed by god to perform this and the intention was to get the pharoah to release the slaves as appose merely to do a trick.. to me there is a difference in giving god the glory, it shows that truly we did not do this work on our own and that there is a higher purpose to our actions and desires and also that we would be in awe and not claiming to know the exact power rather than in a boastful stance.

I agree. He should have not claimed it was himself.

I don't think the Pharaoh's magicians were just doing tricks a la parlor magic but were serious about their craft.

Yes Moses did get in trouble. I think at the end when he used his magick staff.

Yes it was a magic staff...

to get water out of the rock.

Then he said didn't say in name of God by God's power....

he got in trouble.

Jesus on the other hand could just do things with the wave of his hands..

he was more powerful. he didn't need the magic staff.

The question is... with Christians are there any more Moses or Jesuses out there?

and if so how much money are they pulling down after taxes ?

Also isn't there this occult book called the Sword of Moses..

that teaches his powers?

I mean they just say God gave it to him...

but once he had it.. he had to have some technique to use it..

like on his last miricle he just said I'm will make water fall from the rock...

then touched it with his staff...

Then again Monks with Chi Energy.. and break bricks...

move objects across a table.. and levitate..

and they have no magic staff... it's all in their mental strenght..

and ancient wisdom and practicing it..

Edited by LostSouls7

DarkWind what are your views on Aleister Crowley?

I know the question was not for me. But I read about him, watched his documentary.

I think he really wanted to contact demons and the darkside.

He grew up some kind of Christian and was happy with his father in his childhood.

But when his father died.. it seemed he lost all hope.

And his whole life he was full of anger and hate.

He even stated he wanted to to the darkest magicks possible..

and most perverse and nasty things he could to rebel...

I think he was smart, just a little crazy.

Him reading and learning a lot about magick was pretty cool.

I don't agree, with the sex , and STDs, and eating of human feces.

But hey if that is what made him happy excellent! lol

He was also a drug addict.

In my personal opinion though,

if he was truly an all powerful Sorcerer...

he could have cursed his Tubercolusis or whatever he had.

If he was more powerful he could have made a pact with a demon

to get rich again.. after going bankrupt..

since to him nothing was wrong or evil..

and he was crazy enough to summon demons

WITHOUT the magic circle..

then I would say just do what ever spell or super natural thing

at any cost to get what you want.. since he didn't care about any consequences...

to his actions etc..