Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weather forecasting for dummies

pantodragon

pantodragon, are you going to demonstrate your abilities?

This is one thread you've started where you actually have the means to properly support your argument.

I refer you to the Matt Damon film Hereafter for the reasons why I will not --- it would damage my health. Furthermore, this is also the reason why scientists will never be able to authenticate these processes. As I have said elsewhere, this process is accomplished through a symbiosis with another mind (Quew). The function amongst others of the Quew is to maintain the health of its human partner. It will never support bad behaviour, where "bad" in this world means injurious to health and well-being. Without the cooperation of the Quew, dream interpretations, predictions etc do not work. The Quew would never cooperate with the experiments of science because they would be injurious to the subject of the experiments.

To me, the desire to do these things is an excellent argument for learning science and engineering. Of course I suppose that is only if you want to ever realize your big dreams.

The trouble here is that you do not speak from a position of ever having experienced the alternative. Nor do you appear to have the imagination or awareness to be dis-satisfied with the present.

Hey if your intuition is so good, can you answer some questions for me?

1. Is nickel oxide (NiO) a Mott-Hubbard or charge transfer insulator?
  2. Are the roots of the Reimann zeta function all the prime numbers?
  3. What square roots of integers can be perfectly drawn using only a compass and a straight edge?
  4. What causes appendicitis?
  5. Is it possible to make a thick transparent material that also conducts electricity?

I refer you to my reply above to Timonthy. Not that I expect you to be convinced. The usual response is "Oh how convenient". What can I say? Scientists are just so determined, so bloody-minded, so thrawn, that for the sake of doing things the scientific way, they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg just to see the mechanism.

I refer you to my reply above to Timonthy. Not that I expect you to be convinced.

I just find myself confused by what you are trying to achieve with your posts. Again, this is possibly because I am too thickheaded and shortsighted.

I will accept, for the sake of argument, that you are an ``enlightened'' person. That your life is more fulfilling, more satisfying than mine in ways I will never truly understand unless I open my mind.

BUT... the path you present to others seems to summarize to ``dream a lot, and hate and distrust academics and scientists''.

To me, it seems like your posts contain more vitriol than I would expect from someone who has achieved inner peace, and your arguments are almost comical examples of rhetorical fallacies.

I consider myself and academic, and my paycheque definitely comes directly from the good tax payers of Canada. In exchange for this, I spend my days researching advanced materials in the hopes that some of them may eventually be of benefit society.

So perhaps you will forgive me for being a bit offended that you continually make arguments claiming that the scientific and academic worlds are full of idiots, enslaved to the scientific process, but your only justification you offer for this opinion is personal anecdotes and faulty logic.

The fact that you use a machine made out of a silicon wafer with more than a billion distinct functional units that have been engineered on a nanoscale level which connects to a global network of fibre optic cables and low-latency metal wires to post antiscientific screeds that can be read by others continents away is just icing on the cake.

Morning time, flocks of birds flying low, indicate afternoon raining. No matter how clear/sunny the weather is.

If they fly high high up in the sky, then there's no rain. Its something to do with air pressure/temperature. ITs correct 10/10 times.

Edited by woopypooky

I think if you were forced to live with the American Indians, you would have starved to death.

I refer you to my reply above to Timonthy. Not that I expect you to be convinced. The usual response is "Oh how convenient". What can I say? Scientists are just so determined, so bloody-minded, so thrawn, that for the sake of doing things the scientific way, they will kill the goose that lays the golden egg just to see the mechanism.

In another thread you humorously asserted you've defeated science and scientists. What exactly have you contributed, besides a short-sighted and ignorant rant fueled by delusions of grandeur?

I refer you to the Matt Damon film Hereafter for the reasons why I will not --- it would damage my health. Furthermore, this is also the reason why scientists will never be able to authenticate these processes. As I have said elsewhere, this process is accomplished through a symbiosis with another mind (Quew). The function amongst others of the Quew is to maintain the health of its human partner. It will never support bad behaviour, where "bad" in this world means injurious to health and well-being. Without the cooperation of the Quew, dream interpretations, predictions etc do not work. The Quew would never cooperate with the experiments of science because they would be injurious to the subject of the experiments.

Thus ends my discussions with you for now. You claim outlandish things. And yes you have very convenient excuses for not being able to prove yourself each and every time.

You are the kind of person who makes me less optimistic about the paranormal/ET. In the past I used to be more open to the idea.

It's very unfortunate that for a logical thinker, the more you trawl and discuss on these forums, the more clear it is that these things are nonexistent.

PLEASE for my sake prove something? Something tiny? Insignificant but accurate. Something miniscule.

You have to see where I'm coming from.

I just find myself confused by what you are trying to achieve with your posts.

The fact that you use a machine made out of a silicon wafer with more than a billion distinct functional units that have been engineered on a nanoscale level which connects to a global network of fibre optic cables and low-latency metal wires to post antiscientific screeds that can be read by others continents away is just icing on the cake.

There is no grand plan with respect to my posts. I write what I want to write in the manner in which I want to write them. That way I don't die.

As to the "machine", I refer you to my post: What makes the internet so wonderful, so appealing? --- that same port also tells you what's wrong with science.

PS: If you do feel insulted by my opinions on science, then I suggest you need to work on improving your self-respect.

In another thread you humorously asserted you've defeated science and scientists. What exactly have you contributed, besides a short-sighted and ignorant rant fueled by delusions of grandeur?

I do sometimes wonder myself, in view of the total failure of people like you to have the faintest inkling of understanding of the content of my posts, so I have from time to time used divination to ascertain same. I am much encouraged.

Thus ends my discussions with you for now. You claim outlandish things. And yes you have very convenient excuses for not being able to prove yourself each and every time.

You are the kind of person who makes me less optimistic about the paranormal/ET. In the past I used to be more open to the idea.

It's very unfortunate that for a logical thinker, the more you trawl and discuss on these forums, the more clear it is that these things are nonexistent.

PLEASE for my sake prove something? Something tiny? Insignificant but accurate. Something miniscule.

You have to see where I'm coming from.

As I've said time and again, I am not a scientist and I do not advocate the scientific method. The onus is not on me to prove anything to you. If you genuinely want to know the truth, whatever that may be, then it is up to you to find out for yourself. At the moment, you put your faith in science. But it is merely a matter of faith, and of course, it feels right and safe because "a million people can't be wrong"! If you have a genuine interest in the paranormal etc, your Quew might put resources/experiences your way --- except that it has a care for your health and dealing with the paranormal are likely to be injurious to your mental health.

PS: If you do feel insulted by my opinions on science, then I suggest you need to work on improving your self-respect.

I don't feel insulted by your opinions on scientists, I feel offended by your comments deprecating scientists (and academics in general).

And I wonder, if you are just writing posts with no ``grand plan'', why do you feel it is necessary to fabricate stories about academics being mindless drones pointlessly wasting taxpayer's hard-earned dollars?

It is always relevant (and fair) to ask whether the knowledge gained from a particular academic study was worth the monetary cost.

It is not fair to insinuate that every academic study that you personally do not think valuable was achieved at tremendous expense by narrow-minded academics who never bothered to question whether what they were doing was worth it, or ever tried to think outside the box.

If you want to say things like that, you should provide some actual evidence that those things transpire.

Otherwise you just sound ignorant, petulant, and rude.

I do sometimes wonder myself, in view of the total failure of people like you to have the faintest inkling of understanding of the content of my posts, so I have from time to time used divination to ascertain same. I am much encouraged.

In others you've done nothing of value.

You dedicate threads glorifying your complete and utter ignorance on subjects. That is just how much you care for understanding.

I call for Michael Fish as prime minister!

fish.jpg

Yeeehaaa,he would probably do a better job than the present one.(and he's better looking,haha) I want his jumper..please.
  • Like 2

Open the door,wet your finger,stick it in the air,that tells you which way the winds blowing,North...cold,East just as cold, West wet,South warm.Lower your finger and shut the door.

• Like 2

Yeeehaaa,he would probably do a better job than the present one.(and he's better looking,haha) I want his jumper..please.

I knitted you a better one than his, its in the post: irish-wink.gif

tacky-christmas-sweater.jpg

• Like 2

I knitted you a better one than his, its in the post: irish-wink.gif

tacky-christmas-sweater.jpg

Cant wait for my new jumper,just what I need for the Canal,and its better than any I have, thankyou soooo much.
  • Like 1

Please do not wear it on the canal, we have a reputation to uphold, and that jumper aint it!

PS: just got another boat, Its just getting blacked and new anodes. Traditional and all port holes, roses and castles, can`t wait. Will get picture up when we move on.

• Like 2

while I agree nature can be a good divinatory tool for predicting weather (i grew up with bill foggit's weather reports!), i'm not sure birds are the right way, or at least not the way you've described PD.

I live in a semi-rural area, with lots of local woodland & farms, and we have a very wide variety of birds, all the ones you mentioned and a whole lot more.

now, I don't know if yorkshire birds are a bit stoopid, but there's no correlation with their activities & the weather whatsoever.

take owls for instance. we have a lot of owls round here, I can hear two of them now in fact, and they are round all the time, in all weathers, cold spells or not.

does that mean that our owls aren't meteorologists, that they wouldn't know a cold snap from a brandy snap?

or that your way of divination only works for you, and cannot be universally applied?

which would make your way the hard way to any one of us, because it simply doesn't work, whereas listening to john kettley is a piece of p***. turn on, tune in, smock out.

pine-cones are a tried & tested way of natural weather forecasting, they act like organic barometers, but you didn't mention them?

maybe you should invest in some of that old-fangled technology and make your forecasting a bit easier.....

;-)

• Like 2

Please do not wear it on the canal, we have a reputation to uphold, and that jumper aint it!

PS: just got another boat, Its just getting blacked and new anodes. Traditional and all port holes, roses and castles, can`t wait. Will get picture up when we move on.

But we all wear new jumpers.

Whats your boats name I will look out for it,and wave when passing.if its not raining as I cant get my jumper wet.

• Like 1

Even with all the modern meteorological instruments,they cannot predict with a 100% certainty what the weather will do,as has been proved.So they make an estimated guess on past records when the wind,barometers,cloud formations,isobars,acted in the same pattern,but its still not 100% accurate,so its a warning of what might happen,under given circumstances.

you're a braver man than I spud!

(be careful richard branson doesn't see your jumper, he'll try buying it!

have you seen the clothes he wears?! it's christmas jumper day EVERY day round at his house!!)

:-o

• Like 1

you're a braver man than I spud!

(be careful richard branson doesn't see your jumper, he'll try buying it!

have you seen the clothes he wears?! it's christmas jumper day EVERY day round at his house!!)

:-o

He still wanders about with raggy hair and beard,and the same rumpled creased shirt every time you see him.If you didn't recognise him you would probably give him a £1 and say go on mate get yourself a coffee.
  • Like 1

while I agree nature can be a good divinatory tool for predicting weather (i grew up with bill foggit's weather reports!), i'm not sure birds are the right way, or at least not the way you've described PD.

I live in a semi-rural area, with lots of local woodland & farms, and we have a very wide variety of birds, all the ones you mentioned and a whole lot more.

now, I don't know if yorkshire birds are a bit stoopid, but there's no correlation with their activities & the weather whatsoever.

take owls for instance. we have a lot of owls round here, I can hear two of them now in fact, and they are round all the time, in all weathers, cold spells or not.

does that mean that our owls aren't meteorologists, that they wouldn't know a cold snap from a brandy snap?

or that your way of divination only works for you, and cannot be universally applied?

which would make your way the hard way to any one of us, because it simply doesn't work, whereas listening to john kettley is a piece of p***. turn on, tune in, smock out.

pine-cones are a tried & tested way of natural weather forecasting, they act like organic barometers, but you didn't mention them?

maybe you should invest in some of that old-fangled technology and make your forecasting a bit easier.....

;-)

Perhaps the use of birds and nature was misleading. One could equally well use newspaper headlines, random bits of litter scattered on the ground, tea leaves, overherd snippets of conversation, a song that I suddenly find going through my head....... There are no rules for divination, no fixed vocabulary. It is based on getting information from my Quew (ref previous posts or blogs e.g. Pantodragon's world in a nutshell). So as to being universally applicable, learn the language of dreams and the other world of divination opens up to you.

• Like 1

i'd rather trust in the workings of nature than dreams PD, like rooks nesting higher in trees and frogs spawning in the middle of ponds instead of the edge means it's going to be warm, or goatsbeard flowers and pinecones closing means it's going to be wet, or slow & sluggish flies means a thunderstorm's on its way, or swallows in april means a good summer.

they may not be the most scientific of methods, but i've grown up having faith in nature, and she's usually been quite good!

:-)

• Like 1

Hi, there is a dark cloud passing over head and a plane also just went past, i felt a few drop of (I hope water), So my question is:

A: is it about to rain

B: someone has just taken a leak on a Boeing 787?

• Like 3