Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On the Track of Unknown Animals

Carnivorous Entity

So, I've got a 1965 copy of Bernard Heuvelmans' book, On the Track of Unknown Animals. Unfortunately, it's an abridged version, but the majority of the text is still there, minus the bibliography. If there's enough interest, I can at some point begin to scan chapters, or possibly even the whole book. So who's up for it?

• Like 1

1965?

Wait, let me jump into my time machine.......oh wait?

1965?

Wait, let me jump into my time machine.......oh wait?

Yep, it's an old book, somewhat dated but still a very good read. First published in 1955, mine is the second translated edition.

• Like 1

That's pretty awsome, always wanted to take a look at that book, but the price tag is usually 100 dollars or more :tu:

• Like 1

That's pretty awsome, always wanted to take a look at that book, but the price tag is usually 100 dollars or more :tu:

That's about what I payed for it. I think it was around $130 after shipping.

Yep, it's an old book, somewhat dated but still a very good read. First published in 1955, mine is the second translated edition.

"The second translated edition"? Translated from what, may I ask?

I'm in , scan away. :tu:

"The second translated edition"? Translated from what, may I ask?

German I believe.

Supposedly many cryptozoologists still go back to this book at their Foundation stone.

Edited by DieChecker

Well, some of the better zoologist were German back in the day.

No doubt his arguments are as good as what the believers are offering these days!

The book was written in french, being as the author was from France. I wouldnt bother scanning it. The info is severely dated. Even pseudo science should still rely on current research.

Good lord. I picked up a copy off the same edition a few years ago for probably not more than 2 dollars.

So, I've got a 1965 copy of Bernard Heuvelmans' book, On the Track of Unknown Animals. Unfortunately, it's an abridged version,

Wow, sorry, but you can get an abridged version on amazon for about $44.

If he charges $90 for scans and sells one he can make his money back.

• Like 1

Where? There's a listing on eBay for a 1972 paperback edition that's abridged even further for $44, but there's no photograph on the listing. The next cheapest is $124 on Amazon. If you find the link again, please message it to me.

At any rate, this doesn't seem to have generated much interest. Would a moderator mind closing the thread?

Edited by Carnivorous Entity

Well? It isn't a very thought provoking topic.....found old book.....paid too much for it.....anyone want to pay for a scanned copy?.....nope, can buy it cheaper from another place.

Just doesn't have me on the edge of my seat.

At any rate, this doesn't seem to have generated much interest. Would a moderator mind closing the thread?

Not a problem, I'm sorry to hear your topic didn't receive the interest you were hoping for.

Closed.