Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

So the events of The Conjuring movie are real

LostSouls7

Well I saw the trailer for this movie the Conjuring. It says it's based on real people and events. And that the record was locked away because it was so disturbing until it was found and now they made a movie about it.

So what do you all think? Is it real or just hollywood Hype? Is there any real record of these events in history or on a website?

The trailer scared me!

• Like 1

Well I think if it was so secretive or disturbing they would have never found it nor let it be made into a movie. I do wanna see this movie tho, it gave me chills watching the trailer. And I like Ed and Lorraine, they are cool, Real? Idk.

The second video. I thought that guy said An Evil Luigi!!! My son's playing Mario Kart :P.

Edited by Lady Shade

Yes this i want read more about The Warrens. But even like the Amityville horror was

said to be a true story. And then later some say it was a hoax.. so it's hard to say with these

based on true stories.

Same with Texas Chainsaw.... there was a massacre..

but they mixed Ed Gein's character with another...

then said it was all true lol..

I guess thats why they said based on true events..

but not reinactment..

When movies like this say based on a true story, it almost always means based on someone's account, with a ton of creative direction taken.

• Like 2

So yes based on maybe one true account.. or aspects of true accounts.

But then a bunch of cool stuff thrown it to make it a better story and scarier right?

I still wan to read more about The Warrens, see what they were about since

they were ghost hunters etc.

I haven't watched the vids yet,but as far as the warrens are concerned ,its more than likely Lorraine has a treasure trove of case files ,some of which were horrifying.

If this wasn't released previously ,it may have been because the people involved didn't give permission ,but now do so or are deceased .

The account was never lost I'm sure ,but is now available for telling .

The warrens have been involved in most contemporary demonic possession stories ,based in fact,save the exorcist .

Or so it seems .

I will look into it ,as this is new to me. I may know of the original story .

Ahhh,as I said

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conjuring_(film)

Alternate title for the film is The Warren Files

Based on the Perron family .Videos of the real children are on YouTube .

Vid of Lorraine here

http://wilmonfilm.blogs.starnewsonline.com/13321/more-about-the-story-behind-%E2%80%98the-conjuring%E2%80%99/

And like the recent Evil Dead reboot,it gets an R rating.

Evil Dead was allegedly too gory . I have never heard of an R rating for too scary .

*raises eyebrow*

http://screenrant.com/conjuring-movie-2013-rating-r-scary/

Gimmie a sec. I have more

This is interesting

http://community.aetv.com/service/displayKickPlace.kickAction?u=24195999&as=119137

Andrea gets around

http://www.paranormalpros.com/andreaperronauthor.htm

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I'd say they kept it locked away, until they realized they couldn't make money on their existing stories anymore.

It does look like a scary movie though.

yes I think so.. were they the same ones looking into the Amityville House???

and yeah the trailer is scary for sure!!!

Edited by LostSouls7

'Based on a true story' can be a general idea. None of the specifics of the movie have to be at all accurate. Just a good selling point.

The movie 'Wolf Creek' does this well too.

And also for the movie 'The Fourth Kind', Universal got sued for setting up fake news archives and alleged 'real' footage.

• Like 2

'Based on a true story' can be a general idea. None of the specifics of the movie have to be at all accurate. Just a good selling point.

The movie 'Wolf Creek' does this well too.

And also for the movie 'The Fourth Kind', Universal got sued for setting up fake news archives and alleged 'real' footage.

I was seriously disappointed with the antics of the fourth kind. It makes all movies of this kind seem less credible .

• Like 3

'Based on a true story' can be a general idea. None of the specifics of the movie have to be at all accurate.

Or an outright fabrication. Fargo starts off claiming it's a true story, when in fact the Coen brothers invented the entire story up, piecing together ideas they'd heard from real life crime stories into a movie that was entirely not a true story.

I remember reading a story that one of the brothers said it'd be cool to claim at the start it's a true story and the other objected because they'd made the story up, but then they decided that if the movie is fictitious then anything claimed in the movie like "this is a true story" is just part of the fiction as well.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 3

I wish they actually made a movie based on real events,

and just told it like it is. Not adding fake stuff or changing the story.

They can change names or dates etc. But keep the events 100 percent true!

I wish they actually made a movie based on real events,

and just told it like it is. Not adding fake stuff or changing the story.

They can change names or dates etc. But keep the events 100 percent true!

Then you should watch Documentaries.

Films are made to entertain people and Hollywood has to make money out of them so they'll alter a true story to fit their needs and their scripts will be only remotely ''based on'' if they have to. There is various reasons for that: It doesn't fit on screen, too disturbing, boring ect. It is more 'inspired' from a true story than actually 'adapted'.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 3

I see yes I love documentaries.. and some of those are super scary!!

Edited by LostSouls7

I see yes I love documentaries.. and some of those are super scary!!

Yeah and some are even true.

Thanks for that. In a way I think she takes experience a bit too literally; an entity at that level will show you what it wants and influence your thinking any way. To appear as her in a past life residing in the same house could just be a way of forming a greater attachment with her and the house etc. After 30 years she is still obsessed with it and now she is getting payed, so that worked out well. James Wan is amazing. I think him and Rob Zombie are the best in the business, also that guy who did The Last Exorcism is right up there with them IMO.

• Like 1

Ohhh wow. Yeah I don't know if this is true or not, even if they say it is, it's hard to know for sure.

Either way, I am definitely seeing this movie. Preferably in theaters. Lol.

• Like 2

Yeah I wanna see this movie in theaters also...

I think it will be a good fun scary time!!

probably drink a bit of whiskey first

• Like 1

Or an outright fabrication. Fargo starts off claiming it's a true story, when in fact the Coen brothers invented the entire story up, piecing together ideas they'd heard from real life crime stories into a movie that was entirely not a true story.

I remember reading a story that one of the brothers said it'd be cool to claim at the start it's a true story and the other objected because they'd made the story up, but then they decided that if the movie is fictitious then anything claimed in the movie like "this is a true story" is just part of the fiction as well.

I actually loved Fargo, for this Movie though I dont think im gonna see it, I usually try to stay away from anything that deals with demons. Vera Farmiga is an excellent actress though I love her in The Bates Motel

• Like 1

I actually loved Fargo, for this Movie though I dont think im gonna see it, I usually try to stay away from anything that deals with demons. Vera Farmiga is an excellent actress though I love her in The Bates Motel

I love Fargo too. The "this is a true story" thing is the kind of thing that make the Coen brothers what they are.

I won't see this movie either. These kind of movies remind me of the Blair Witch Project. All this talk and scuttlebutt about how it's a true story and the scariest movie ever made. I knew people who actually thought the movie was actual footage taken by students who had gone missing. When I saw it... meh. Neat idea for a movie and not badly done, but way overhyped and the 'true story' rumours was just a marketing ploy.

Well I saw the trailer for this movie the Conjuring. It says it's based on real people and events. And that the record was locked away because it was so disturbing until it was found and now they made a movie about it.

So what do you all think? Is it real or just hollywood Hype? Is there any real record of these events in history or on a website?

The trailer scared me!

[media=]

[/media]

I like the Warrens.

Definitely want to see this....

• Like 1

I love Fargo too. The "this is a true story" thing is the kind of thing that make the Coen brothers what they are.

I won't see this movie either. These kind of movies remind me of the Blair Witch Project. All this talk and scuttlebutt about how it's a true story and the scariest movie ever made. I knew people who actually thought the movie was actual footage taken by students who had gone missing. When I saw it... meh. Neat idea for a movie and not badly done, but way overhyped and the 'true story' rumours was just a marketing ploy.

Yeah I remember when the Blair Witch Project came out, I think half of what made it so scary is morons coming out of the theatre saying omg that was scary, I saw it and I remember being p***ed off at the end. Like what the hell did I just watch, some kids in the woods acting like idiots