Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mother sacked from job because of tattoos

Still Waters

You already make choices like this every day. We all do. Without thinking about it we tend to go where we feel comfortable. We certainly return to places where we feel comfortable and avoid places where we do not. While we may belittle others over what affects their comfort level I'm sure our own preferences would seem just as silly to them. That's what makes comfort such a personal thing. It's often undefinable, more just a feeling or a certain aura about a place that influences our choice. It should therefore be up to the individual business owner to determine the atmosphere in his own place. We can't begin to regulate what would appeal to all, in fact, sometimes the appeal of a place is based on its lack of appeal to the masses.

Well ... you should see the 'premises' and experience the 'services' of some of the places here in malaysia ... :lol:

Usually its the food that is the primary and sole condition ... we don;t mind sharing space with rats, cats and dogs for a seat if the food is good .... services ? pfffft

If you want services you get off your butt and help yourself but don't get in the way .... you can have the nicest conditions and have all the pretty boys & girls in the world with their 'P's and 'Q's but if the food isn't up to it .... heh ... you can't give away a seat with free coupons ...

That's what food culture is here in the east ... we knows our food .... from the street hawkers to the high end stuff ...

when we say its better than grandma's ... grandma too would agree and concur .... :tu:

~edit : & girls .. sorry gurls ...

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

What kind of cretins complain about someone's tattoos?

• Like 1

What kind of cretins complain about someone's tattoos?

you kinda answered your own question there ali-

cretins do.

:-)

I have tattoos but luckily I work in a place that are ok with them. Although the most visible is at the top of my arm so could be easily covered with most tops.

I wonder why they just didn't ask her to wear a long sleeved shirt?

Her employer might have chosen to get rid of her for other reasons, and the tattoo was a convenient excuse.

• Like 2

You already make choices like this every day. We all do. Without thinking about it we tend to go where we feel comfortable. We certainly return to places where we feel comfortable and avoid places where we do not. While we may belittle others over what affects their comfort level I'm sure our own preferences would seem just as silly to them. That's what makes comfort such a personal thing. It's often undefinable, more just a feeling or a certain aura about a place that influences our choice. It should therefore be up to the individual business owner to determine the atmosphere in his own place. We can't begin to regulate what would appeal to all, in fact, sometimes the appeal of a place is based on its lack of appeal to the masses.

QFT

It's funny. When I was in college I was cruising down the road and noticed a bar that I'd never noticed before. I made a note to self to visit there if I ever got really bored (I never did, and pretty much forgot about the whole thing).

Months later, some friends and I are heading out to find somewhere to kick it for the night when we happen to pass that bar. A buddy says, "What about that place?", and another says, "Are you crazy?!? We'd probably get stabbed in there! That looks like somewhere sam would fit in..."

Personal taste, whatyagonnado?

• Like 2

Her employer might have chosen to get rid of her for other reasons, and the tattoo was a convenient excuse.

Yep, I believe so too. Tats have become pretty trendy these days. A lot of sportsmen have them. Movies stars don't, probably because they're a hindrance when acting in specific roles.