Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFOs above Britain's Scientology base

Pilots of three passenger planes saw two UFOs above Britain's Scientology base as they landed at Gatwick

• Three aircraft reports seeing 'two flat silver discs' on final approach
  • Objects showed up on air traffic control radar - then vanished
  • UFOs were just 100ft below one of the jets, a Boeing 777
  • They were above Scientology HQ in East Grinstead, West Sussex

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2Vg2psDL5

Three passenger jets sighted UFOs above Britain's Scientology headquarters on their approach to Gatwick Airport, a report has revealed.

Their pilots each saw 'two flat, silver discs', with some flying within 100ft.

Air traffic control then spotted six UFOs on their radars before they suddenly disappeared.

The encounter, which was probed by the UK Airprox Board, happened on December 30 just before 9am.

A Boeing 777 was flying over the Scientology headquarters in East Grinstead minutes from touchdown when all three pilots on the flightdeck spotted the objects about 100ft below them moving slowly or stationary, according to the report.

A following Boeing 767 also spotted the two white or silver discs, which were at approximately 1,000ft above ground. An Airbus A319 then landed before the objects disappeared from ATC screens.

The crew of the first aircraft described seeing 'some some sort of toy'. The information was passed on to air traffic control and then to police.

Investigators offered the possibility the objects could have been balloons or kites but, with the UFOs remaining untraced, the incidents was deemed unassessable.

The encounter came the day before Scientologists, followed by actor Tom Cruise, carved a message to aliens in hills in New Mexico, America. The cult believes aliens inhabit human bodies.

The Airprox Board primarily investigates near misses between aircraft.

Probably T Cruise, J Travolta and W Smith having a staff meeting.....

• Like 2

Silver discs? Well, it couldn't have been anything to do with Xenu, because we know what their craft look like, so I don't think we need to worry too much.

scient_zps62a88f4c.png

• Like 1

All low level, and the first crew described seeing 'some sort of toy'.

With the influence Scientology has, they could orchestrate something like this through semi 'official' means.

Otherwise they may have purchased a few of the remote controlled helium disks. We'll see flying sharks soon...

It's just the aliens coming to laugh at Scientology. They're doing a Planet Trip of civilisations funniest answers to their existence.

(This is a joke, if you're into Scientology, power to you)

You would think that purely for safety and review purposes, all airlines would have onboard cameras showing the pilots field of vision. Maybe some do but I have no idea, but beyond being able to monitor takeoffs and a landings, the cameras could report weather phenomena, near misses (a plane was nearly hit be a drone in 2004 and the film was just released) and yes, the occasional "flying saucer" or whatever these UFOs may be. The human eye can be fooled, but at least with a recording you can rule out certain things and misidentifications.

Of course recording such events and making them public are two different things.

• Like 1

I Keep hearing that Top Gun music in the back ground !

Fly me to the Danger Zone ! :gun:

• Like 1

I somehow doubt that Scientology headquarters is marked on any chart airlines use, so it seems unlikely the pilots reported the UFOs as being 'over Scientology headquarters'. How would they know where it was? A little journalistic license of dubious accuracy, perhaps?

• Like 1

Yeah, this is WAY too convenient for "Scientology"

I call total BS on this as an effort to prop-up membership and "harden" those current members.

Just my opinion, of course.

Edited by pallidin

You would think that purely for safety and review purposes, all airlines would have onboard cameras showing the pilots field of vision. Maybe some do but I have no idea, but beyond being able to monitor takeoffs and a landings, the cameras could report weather phenomena, near misses (a plane was nearly hit be a drone in 2004 and the film was just released) and yes, the occasional "flying saucer" or whatever these UFOs may be. The human eye can be fooled, but at least with a recording you can rule out certain things and misidentifications.

Of course recording such events and making them public are two different things.

I agree on this line of thinking. It irritates me when "silver discs" are always interpreted by the press as "metallic flying saucer craft from another world". There's plenty of sightings of silvery discs to suggest that they are earthbound entities, lizard-birds imo with a reflective silvery outer colour. Edited by RingFenceTheCity

With the influence Scientology has, they could orchestrate something like this through semi 'official' means.

Otherwise they may have purchased a few of the remote controlled helium disks. We'll see flying sharks soon...

I bought my niece and nephew a flying shark each a few months ago. Sure it might be remote controlled and hellium filled, but still way ahead of the scientologists... Imagine if i had their wealth...

• Like 1

Far too much Editorial License given to this report... but it is the Daily Smell after all :w00t:

If these whacko Scientologists are actually flying remote controlled helium toys within 100 ft of a commercial aircraft then they should be Hung, Drawn, and Quartered (metaphorically speaking of course :whistle: )

• 2 weeks later...

Your answer is probably one of the best I've read yet. We already have video cameras on some streets, inside police vehicles, on space shuttles, etc. It would make a lot of sense to start placing them on aircraft, where as a pilot with a push of a button can automatically start recording these events. As far as making it publicly known, this is perhaps where they'll pull the National Security

Act over the public...

Edited by NiteMarcher

Your answer is probably one of the best I've read yet. We already have video cameras on some streets, inside police vehicles, on space shuttles, etc. It would make a lot of sense to start placing them on aircraft, where as a pilot with a push of a button can automatically start recording these events. As far as making it publicly known, this is perhaps where they'll pull the National Security

Act over the public...

Thanks for the kind words. Right now as I sit here there is a discussion on television about the Paris bound flight out of New York that exploded 17 years ago. Eyewitnesses are saying it was hit by a missile, the Feds are saying an electrically sparked fuel tank explosion. If we had a panoramic view camera on board, at least we could rule out an outside object hitting the aircraft or exploding nearby. Right now we have a good percentage of the eyewitnesses saying it's a government coverup, that they know what they saw. But most did not look up until they heard the explosion nearly a minute after the plane blew up, given the speed of sound and the distance involved. My only point being that people can be fooled, especially at night, over miles of distance and maybe an inflight camera could have at least ruled out some outside force being responsible. But since that is lacking, we may never know with enough certainty to convince everyone it was a horrible accident if that is truly the case.

• Like 1

"Pilots aboard three passenger planes in the vicinity of London's Gatwick Airport" this airport is in WEST SUSSEX not London the closest towns to it are Horley and Crawley

thanks for posting, I love all stuff about ufos, However the evidence is very little now days, its all hear say,

We need a ufo to land, and greet the world to finally prove they exist.

thanks for posting, I love all stuff about ufos, However the evidence is very little now days, its all hear say,

We need a ufo to land, and greet the world to finally prove they exist.

As long as they don't greet us with photon torpedoes.

• Like 2

Well Ron L Hubbard did say the quickest way to become a millionaire was to create a religion. Not sure this story will draft in millions, in monetary or people terms, but someones given it a try anyway.

no-shame-donate.gif

• Like 1