Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This spirit protects me. But hurts others.

_Liv_

Alright, well what I wanted to talk about is that I have a really possessive ghost in my new house. We moved here a year ago, and things just keep getting weirder and weirder for me.

One of the strongest experiences was when my dad got really drunk. I locked myself in my room again, and tried to ignore him. Which was unsuccessful since he started beating my door and slurring out insults.

I just pretended like it wasn't even happening, since this happens a-lot so I just turned up my music and kept reading.

It didn't work though, because my door busted open and my dad staggered into the room. I shot of my bed since I know how violent he gets, and tried to get to my balcony so I could climb down and get away. It didn't work and he grabbed my hair and shoved me down. He raised his fist, and before he could even move it towards me it stopped. He had this stunned expression on his face and his hand was stuck mid air. Not because he was holding it, but because something was gripping onto his hand. It didn't do anything else, it just refused to let go of my dad's hand until he lowered it. Freaked out my dad didn't even bother with me, he just left my room and that was it, it also left a huge bruise in the shape of fingers on his wrist. (My dad has recently been kicked out and sent to prison so don't worry, i'm not in any danger anymore)

Another experience was when I tripped down the stairs and instead of falling, it felt like something gripped onto the back of my dress and pulled me back up.

Doors open and close, cabinets slam, and you can hear footsteps, and a really dark shadows passes by really quick.

It seems like a nice ghost but only to me. My sister and mom have had horrible experiences and woke up with scratches and their things go missing all the time. My sister even woke up once and felt like something was strangling her, it scared her so bad she just left the house in the middle of the night to sleep at my grandma's house that lived across the street. My mom is a psychic but the weirdest thing is that she can't pick up this thing's energies or see it. She can feel it there but can't communicate or tell what it is like she usually can. She gets a headache when she tries to figure it out.

One time I woke up from a nap and discovered a blanket over me (It was across the room and my door was locked).

My friends and relatives refuse to spend the night here since this thing tortures them. We don't have any money to move out of here like my mom wants, but she wants to bless the house and do a bunch of things to get rid of it.

Another thing is, and I know this sounds selfish but I don't want it to leave. I know it makes everyone else's lives miserable, but this thing is one of the only things that make me feel safe, and protects me. I've grown attached. I know it's horrible of me, but I can't help it. This thing has been there for me, when I have went through really rough times and nobody else was there for me. It protected me when even my relatives wouldn't.

I just want to know if anyone can figure out why this thing is so protective of me, but despises everyone else? I don't think it's a guardian or anything since it's so cruel to people. Is it just a ghost that grew attached or what?

I'd appreciate any opinion you wish to share,

It's probably a demon.. but for some reason it likes you...

if it scratched your mom and sister etc..

that's something demons usually do.

Alright, well what I wanted to talk about is that I have a really possessive ghost in my new house. We moved here a year ago, and things just keep getting weirder and weirder for me.

One of the strongest experiences was when my dad got really drunk. I locked myself in my room again, and tried to ignore him. Which was unsuccessful since he started beating my door and slurring out insults.

I just pretended like it wasn't even happening, since this happens a-lot so I just turned up my music and kept reading.

It didn't work though, because my door busted open and my dad staggered into the room. I shot of my bed since I know how violent he gets, and tried to get to my balcony so I could climb down and get away. It didn't work and he grabbed my hair and shoved me down. He raised his fist, and before he could even move it towards me it stopped. He had this stunned expression on his face and his hand was stuck mid air. Not because he was holding it, but because something was gripping onto his hand. It didn't do anything else, it just refused to let go of my dad's hand until he lowered it. Freaked out my dad didn't even bother with me, he just left my room and that was it, it also left a huge bruise in the shape of fingers on his wrist. (My dad has recently been kicked out and sent to prison so don't worry, i'm not in any danger anymore)

Another experience was when I tripped down the stairs and instead of falling, it felt like something gripped onto the back of my dress and pulled me back up.

Doors open and close, cabinets slam, and you can hear footsteps, and a really dark shadows passes by really quick.

It seems like a nice ghost but only to me. My sister and mom have had horrible experiences and woke up with scratches and their things go missing all the time. My sister even woke up once and felt like something was strangling her, it scared her so bad she just left the house in the middle of the night to sleep at my grandma's house that lived across the street. My mom is a psychic but the weirdest thing is that she can't pick up this thing's energies or see it. She can feel it there but can't communicate or tell what it is like she usually can. She gets a headache when she tries to figure it out.

One time I woke up from a nap and discovered a blanket over me (It was across the room and my door was locked).

My friends and relatives refuse to spend the night here since this thing tortures them. We don't have any money to move out of here like my mom wants, but she wants to bless the house and do a bunch of things to get rid of it.

Another thing is, and I know this sounds selfish but I don't want it to leave. I know it makes everyone else's lives miserable, but this thing is one of the only things that make me feel safe, and protects me. I've grown attached. I know it's horrible of me, but I can't help it. This thing has been there for me, when I have went through really rough times and nobody else was there for me. It protected me when even my relatives wouldn't.

I just want to know if anyone can figure out why this thing is so protective of me, but despises everyone else? I don't think it's a guardian or anything since it's so cruel to people. Is it just a ghost that grew attached or what?

I'd appreciate any opinion you wish to share,

Maybe you can thank it for protecting you but ask it not to hurt others. Perhaps it is a learning entity just like we are, or perhaps there is more than one entity in the house. I would pray to God about it, continuance with the protection but only blessings and no curse. Do what you can to have a positive space and environment, prayer meditation, burning incense and sage. It isnt always the house but the envirknment, moving doesn't guarantee it will leave you alone. Ask it to help your dad quit drinking maybe itll have fun with that lol.. well best of luck truly I mean it. I will pray for you too sounds like some severe stuff happening.

It's probably a demon.. but for some reason it likes you...

if it scratched your mom and sister etc..

that's something demons usually do.

I don't think it has anything to do with it. There is some negative and angry entities out there that are not demons...

First of all, great stories. It seems to me _Liv_ that you've a spirit that fell in love with you. I know it sounds strange but I've heard of many occurances of the sort. It could be the spirit of a boy that once live in your house. It may not like your family and got jealous perhaps feeling the need to care for you. I just don't know but it is not uncommon to hear of such things. But like SpiritWriter pointed out, there is a possibilty of more than one spirit.

What you could do is doing some research on the history of your house, to see who once lived here and if something unusual happened there. That's pretty much detective works.

Another thing is an EVP session with an audio recorder. You basically ask simple questions and try to get recorded answers from the spirit that you may not be able to hear otherwise.

Good luck.

Edited by sam_comm

Sounds pretty much like a standard poltergeist. Poltergeist generally focus around one family member with their activity, and some even say that it is not a spirit at all, but the unconscious manifestation of psychic energy of the person. Whether it is a spirit feeding off of personal energy or the person themselves, it happens quite often with children in early puberty (12ish), as certain glands (especially the pituitary) that are often thought linked to psychic activity are functioning at extremely high production rates.

This also sounds like typical teenage nonsense. But don't let me take away from the fantasy parade going on here....

• Like 2

Then you should at least try to find some rational explanations. You dismiss her story based on the fact that she is a teenager but as far as I know some teenagers are able to tell the truth.

Even if you don't necesserly believe in her story (and who can be 100% sure, we are on the Internet after all :)) You can perhaps give her some advices which can be useful if it is real. If it is not, you haven't wasted much time anyway.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

Then you should at least try to find some rational explanations. You dismiss her story based on the fact that she is a teenager but as far as I know some teenagers are able to tell the truth.

Even if you don't necesserly believe in her story (and who can be 100% sure, we are on the Internet after all :)) You can perhaps give her some advices which can be useful if it is real. If it is not, you haven't wasted much time anyway.

Ditto! Almost verbatim of what I was going to respond.

I and many others have said this in other similar posts. But there is one way to make all this go away forever. Just setup a few cameras around your house. All the activity will definitely stop.

• Like 4

One thing I would like to ask..you said your mother was so 'psychic' so why couldn't she pick up on the emotional hurt your father was causing the whole family?

She had to know of his abusive tendencies so her "psychic" ability should have been easily able to sense the pains he was causing.

At any rate have you ever heard of a poltergeist? If what you say is true then it is possible YOU are unconsciously creating these events.

After all you did say no one was there for you and I can imagine the anger and frustration you had to have felt, no one in the family would protect you from your abusive father. I know I would be broiling inside from rage, anger and frustration.

I think you might need to do your own healing and try to come to terms with this which might mean asking your family, especially your mom, some very tough questions.

• Like 1

I am a caulbearer and your spirit is a fallen angel who has grown to love you.I have one myself.Don't fear him talk to him .Tell him you know that he is a fallen angel and thanks for caring,loving and protecting you.Tell him this shows that he is starting to repent.Tell him that if he continues to bw loving and kind that his father will forgive him his tresspasses.This is what my fallen angel knows to be true and my angel has changed in the hope of forgiveness.All of Gods children deserves to be forgiven and God is very forgiving even to the fallen ones.This message is true please tell the one you are dealing with.This is your way to repay him for protecting you.

Coming from someone who actually grew up in an abusive home, I hope this cry for attention gets heard and you get whatever help you need, spiritual or whatever.

Do not mock what you know nothing about.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 4

Do explain your rational behind that and how you have come to this conclusion? You seem to know it all so I'm curious, sir.

I wonder if setting up cameras makes oxygen go away too...

Let's face it, even if said person set up a camera and captured something, the same old excuses would come out. FRAUD! LIAR! With little foundation to such claims. I know...you're more like a book than you realised, huh?

Someones a Sensative Sally.

• Like 4

Do explain your rational behind that and how you have come to this conclusion? You seem to know it all so I'm curious, sir.

I wonder if setting up cameras makes oxygen go away too...

Let's face it, even if said person set up a camera and captured something, the same old excuses would come out. FRAUD! LIAR! With little foundation to such claims. I know...you're more like a book than you realised, huh?

Lol, a bit snarky?

Because certain people always claim they have objects floating around and doors opening and closing. But if they were filming that certain area nothing would happen. Recording would prove nothing is happening because it's likely a made up story.

Of coarse people would always be claiming it's fake. ONLY because every single 'weird activity' video always has some simple way it could have been achieved. Like a bedsheet being pulled off but the corner of the sheet is off camera. Or a door keeps swinging but it's too far to see in the footage.

No one has ever recorded anything that doesn't look fake. If it were true, of all the thousands of claims someone would have recorded something decent.

• Like 2

There are more spirits in the house. The spirit protecting you isn't the same one attacking other people. That protective spirit also protected you from the bad entities. I think your home is a channel or passageway of spirits that pass through your house on a journey. I wonder if that kind spirit is someone you're related to. Check out the history of the house and the history of the site it's built on.

I hope this is not directed at me.My angel came to me because I wss mentally,And physically abused.From 8yrs old .I was raped and hurt by a family member repeatedly if not for the friendship og my angel I would have killed myself

You dad has issues. And those issues channeled those negative spirits. Like other people have said it sounds like Poltergeist activity is being caused by you to protect yourself from your dad who is now out of the house.

I hope this is not directed at me.My angel came to me because I wss mentally,And physically abused.From 8yrs old .I was raped and hurt by a family member repeatedly if not for the friendship og my angel I would have killed myself

Wow,im really sorry to hear that. If you dont mind me asking, what happened to this family member? Did he/she got punished for this disgusting crimb? Also, hearing you say that makes me beeter understand why people - Kids - that have this sort of thing happen to them to the turn to whatever helps them survive, like imaginary friends, or angels. Did you know that there is a controversial link between alleged alien abductes and childhood sexual abuse.

Wish you all the best, stay strong.

The family never turned this person in.Im still bothered by this.I know my angel is real though I can feel his hand when he strokes my head and my hair has moved at times.I have talked to others on this site who incountered a spirit after or duting abuse.I asked my angel why this was and he said "We may have been cast out of heaven for being bad boys but we still have love for others.We are all brothers and sisters wheather we live in heaven or on earth.We want to comfort those who are suffering" We (my angel and I) had no idea about the alien thing though.

I wonder why not all people have one of those.... I meen, what about the little kids that got murderd after the sexual abuse?

My angel said because some really dont care they believe they are never going to be destroyed and really dont care what happens us mankind.See we have the blood of Christ for our sins to some of them it doesnt seem fair.They dont think that we all have to repent.They have the greater tresspass because they walked away from heaven we were born in sin.

My angel said because some really dont care they believe they are never going to be destroyed and really dont care what happens us mankind.See we have the blood of Christ for our sins to some of them it doesnt seem fair.They dont think that we all have to repent.They have the greater tresspass because they walked away from heaven we were born in sin.

Im glad you can find support in religion (after what you have been through) I really am..... But to me, what you just said, is crazy talk.

Edited by DBunker

DBunker

Now that really didnt make me laugh.Im very disappointed in you.You use to always make me laugh.I guess there is a first time for everything

DBunker

Now that really didnt make me laugh.Im very disappointed in you.You use to always make me laugh.I guess there is a first time for everything

Indeed..... Im qurious though, why disappointed? Im glad you find comfort in religion.

Me, I have no need for belief in the paranormal.

Edited by DBunker