Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Garden of Eden

UM-Bot

Maybe. I do agree with you , that the complete legend is not completely told , it may not have been recorded soon enough before it was all forgotten...I never understood why God would keep Adam and Eve from their home like that , in my heart it just didn't make true sense of who God is to me.It just didn't feel right.

There are other legends that say the sword reference may have been something other, that it may have been a sort of battle there, like that the garden may have been a place where genetic manipulation had occurred on the races of humankind...Have you ever heard of those stories before? I'm totally not suggesting they are true...Just asking is really all...

I don't know , i don't know how life truly began . i don't think that we crawled from out of the ocean though either..And, i don't think that God literally made us from the dirt of the earth as told in the bible...

I posted something of 8 U.S soldiers that went missing over in Afghanistan when get this , they found a flying machine in a cave. But where have the soldiers gone? I don;t think it's a hoax, maybe I'm wrong but from what is public information government officials world wide went there concerning that find...

It's said to have markings and all and that it may be something of Zoroastrian??? Persian??? this link is not the video link where someone is speaking about this find, this link is just an article... http://www.thelivingmoon.com/49ufo_files/03files2/Stories_Mysterious_Flying_Machine.html

I believe god was keeping them out of paradise. The only way you get there is be a good person and die. Paradise is the garden of eden.hich is why the living can't find it.

Abraham came from a city in Sumeria. That city is still there. I heard it mentioned during the second Iraq war.

But maybe they were wrong.

<snip>

Harran seems to have been the home of Abram (Gen 12:1,4), not Ur, though Ur, according to Cyrus Gordon, was the nearby town later called Edessa (Urfa) but which was called Urfu, at that time, not the Ur near the junction of the two rivers much further south. Apollonius Molo, even in the first century BC, tells a different story about the origin of Abraham from Genesis. The Patriarch was born in the mountainous edges of Syria, fringing on the northern steppes, after his ancestors had fled from Armenia. This description fits the same place—it is the neighbourhood of Urfa and Harran, a place known as Beth Eden (Bit Adini)! Biblicists have always know where Eden was, but they did not care to say.

http://www.askwhy.co...Patriarchs1.php

<snip>

I believe god was keeping them out of paradise. The only way you get there is be a good person and die. Paradise is the garden of eden.which is why the living can't find it.

I think it was nothing but a fabrication based on an ages old oral tradition about people having to leave an easy living and change it for a much more harsh life.

And, like I said,"paradise" is not a word from the Hebrew Bible. It was a word used by Christian translators.

The whole thing of some god chasing them out of Eden may be nothing but people trying to find an explanation many ages later for why they had to leave a good place to live in. To them it must have been obvious their ancestors must have been punished for not obeying their god or one of their laws.

Edited by Abramelin

But maybe they were wrong.

No' the report didn't say anything beyond it being captured. I had just read about abraham which is why it got my attention.

I subscribe to this view.. http://geology.about...kryanpitman.htm These two gentlemen and scholars have thoroughly researched the topic and come up with the most plausible theory I have ever read.

The problem with that theory is that it is now known that the Black Sea flood wasn't a catastrophic one.

Or - as I have said many times before - "people didn't have to run for the hills".

• Like 1

Gnostic text may indicate evolution happened in Eden.

But what is sure that gnostic text say is that :

-Adam never understood, as we, concept of 7 days and creating world.

-We are "slaves" of God

-Adam and Eve were transformed

-God tells Adam that there are better things then knowledge. Greater trees in garden.

-Adam spoke unknown language to us

-Eden have plenty of water

-Adam and Eve have had many sons and daughters, like: Cain, Luluwa,Abel, Aklia, Seth...

-God said to Adam about coming Savior and coming great flood.

Edited by the L

I believe god was keeping them out of paradise. The only way you get there is be a good person and die. Paradise is the garden of eden.hich is why the living can't find it.

I don't know, I really and truly can not say , because i just don't know everything there is to know about God...I think that stories have been told that have deeper spiritual meaning but that we really don't know why there is even a story of the garden of Eden , Paradise , and the warning of the tree to not eat from...

I think that there had to be a closer relationship between Heaven and earth or human kind and nature than there is nowadays with all the many distractions...I do believe in Spirit that exist outside the flesh , I just don't have all the answers....I have proofs that I have experienced and experience myself , I just don't take anything for granted and I don't know any other thing to do except to trust God , and in trusting God I trust Love....

In my mind, I relate Paradise with that of the Love that is found within us, I think it leads to a better place...