Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women explain please

Grandpa Greenman

Women to me are the most powerful beings on the planet. Why do y'all let yourselves be pushed around by patriarchal dunderhead societies. I go to festivals and watch Pagan women dance around the fire and know in my best years most of them could kick my ass. I think Lagertha in Vikings in face paint and with a sword is the most enchanting woman I have ever seen.

Why do women put up with the nonsense some men dish out in the guise of religion or tradition? When you all get together there is no force that can stop you.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 2

Because they are women!

I on the other hand, am a Lady:

Emily+Howard.jpg

• Like 8

When a lady has to become more like men to be regarded as strong ... all is lost ...

The strength and power of women requires only one thing of men ... that men respects themselves as men

306219_560875133936638_1215930004_n.jpg

and when women are empowered ... men too are powered like nothing is impossible in the world ...

935706_10151494880838165_1196948263_n.jpg

welcome home ... boys and girls ... welcome to planet earth

~edit : smooch

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 4

We don't need to be all public with it, we can make your lives private hells or heavens as we wish :)

• Like 5

I don't know if things have changed in the 3yrs or so since I watched tv, but if you believe those lying creep ad-men, then all men are bumbling idiots who can't do anything for themselves, while women are all smug know-it-alls who are prepared to lean against walls, smirking, and watching men flail incompetently around!

in western, consumerist societies, women have DEFINITELY got the upper hand at the moment DW, any advertising exec will tell you that.....

(legs it away before the handbags start getting chucked about....)

let's invite HOt ROdd to the party :

The stereophonics got a bit of the shine from ol'Roddy too methinks :yes:

• Like 2

let's invite HOt ROdd to the party :

The stereophonics got a bit of the shine from ol'Roddy too methinks :yes:

i'm all for admiring the ladies in their gladrags 3i, it's rather a joy, it's the supersonic handbags that scare me!!

:-o

• Like 1

i'm all for admiring the ladies in their gladrags 3i, it's rather a joy, it's the supersonic handbags that scare me!!

:-o

take it like a man ... :lol:

one thing I learned ... the more you run the more accurate they are ... you stand still and the nice ladies miss on purpose ... they do ...

they can't help themselves being ladies and all :yes:

then I just learned it is just best to not let the ladies get all riled up ... rightly or wrongly ... it's just what men are partly there for ...

after what all men has done all these times ... I respect that ... :D

~

• Like 3

Just incase you were not sure what to buy me for my birthday, here is a subtle hint. No fiver chinese ones either!!

Thanks Rod for the reminder:

gucci_bag-696.jpg

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Ive never met a woman who wasn't treated equal, if any thing they get preferential treatment from Pervy bosses. The women play along to get out of work, the men are barely acknowledged. I feel on an equal footing with the older women and the plain women and they seem equally annoyed as me.

• Like 3

Ive never met a woman who wasn't treated equal, if any thing they get preferential treatment from Pervy bosses. The women play along to get out of work, the men are barely acknowledged. I feel on an equal footing with the older women and the plain women and they seem equally annoyed as me.

you been looking at the wrong things and at the wrong places .... there is more to it all ... and less of it is ...

282895_10152865074000475_167400663_n.jpg

power trips are not a sign of the sexes ....

~

• Like 1

Why do y'all let yourselves be pushed around by patriarchal dunderhead societies.

In any society where that happens, they're stuck in the past socially.

To take the role of a woman and answer your question why anyone deals with anything because of religion or tradition, it's because they are ways of life that are taught.

And I don't think either sex, race, or creed should ever "get together" as an unstoppable force.

It feels like the OP was written in the '50's.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2

I understand darkwind you are referring to patriarchal religious systems. Women didnt choose this they were born into a society that already supports it. I dont know what the proper question should be about why or how it happened but please dont blame women for it. I agree that women are powerful.... some dont know how powerful they are, actually I think most do not. We have a different kind of strength than men, a patience, a sweetness, the ability to deeply love and a harness for strong emotion. In this era these things may be overlooked, underdeveloped, abused, taken for granted and so mutilated before they get thier chance to do thier greatest good. I really believe that the femine aspect of god is beginning to fully emerge and with this awareness more women in religious context will begin to get reimpowered. Also, do not think there are not strong women In the churches or whatever other traditions you are refering to. In many situations they pretty much run everything. You dont have to have a sword and face paint or dancing around a fire to be strong.

• Like 2

you been looking at the wrong things and at the wrong places .... there is more to it all ... and less of it is ...

282895_10152865074000475_167400663_n.jpg

power trips are not a sign of the sexes ....

~

I don't under stand, you want me to forsake personal experience and take the words of others

• Like 2

I don't under stand, you want me to forsake personal experience and take the words of others

you misunderstand me ... don't take .. but relook ... :tu:

~

you misunderstand me ... don't take .. but relook ... :tu:

~

I still don't get it, in sleep deprived state from working 12 hours shifts with 6 hours for sleep. Sounds like you say I need to look in other places but the pic message looks like it agrees with me. Maybe I shouldn't read when I'm sleepy lol

• Like 1

Hehhee, I gotta say, I would never try hitting anyone with my handbag- I carry very small ones that wouldn't hurt anyone anyway, I hate carrying a lot of crap around.

• Like 2

~snip

Sounds like you say I need to look in other places but the pic message looks like it agrees with me.

~snip

In a way .. you are right ... :lol:

Its just the age thing ... I guess ... youth does have its own perspectives on things ... :tu:

~

In a way .. you are right ... :lol:

Its just the age thing ... I guess ... youth does have its own perspectives on things ... :tu:

~

I find the young are blunt and cut to the point, wheres as the older are vague. you could tell me where im wrong instead of just saying im half right but not correcting me. a lot of your other comments are good but last one was a bit patronizing. I know life Is a journey and that my perspective will change but this will only happen when my elders express there wisdom instead of just saying they know better.

please don't take offense to my comment im just grumpy and with a clearer head, might not jump the gun.

Edited by Armchair Educated

I would probably be a lot more wrecked than I am now if it wasnt for women, all the strong people in my family are women. I give thanks to them for how they brought me up

• Like 5

I find the young are blunt and cut to the point, wheres as the older are vague. you could tell me where im wrong instead of just saying im half right but not correcting me. a lot of your other comments are good but last one was a bit patronizing. I know life Is a journey and that my perspective will change but this will only happen when my elders express there wisdom instead of just saying they know better.

I am vague here because the point you proposed is vague ... meaning you are not entirely wrong on hindsight ... no need for correction ... if any needs to be then it is entirely up to you ... according to your experiences ... in due time ... it may or may not be ... as such ... :yes:

didn't mean to be patronizing ... just meant :

971849_10152853142900475_890365314_n.jpg

this on the other hand is :

419802_202923523139003_658615860_n.jpg

and meant to be a joke ....

:lol:

~

• Like 1

Where am I being vague?

Where am I being vague?

Time and place AE ... it doesn't all apply everywhere and all the time to all the people as you have thus far experienced it ... :tu:

~

Darkwind,

You really haven't caught on have you? Men are so busy trying to come out on top of all the battles they're completely blind to who is winning the war :whistle:

• Like 5

Maybe someone older than you and me can explain where we are both going wrong