Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A twenty year old question of mine.

danielost

About twenty years ago give or take. I asked my bishop this question. He then told ne not ask it again.

But, I think it is time to ask it again. According to the bible, all living things have a soul. This means from te virus all the way to huge redwood trees.

So, the question is, if all living things has a soul, does that mean every single cell in our body have it own soul. Remember each cell lives seperate lives from the body.

• Like 3

Where does it say every animal has a soul? I've had this discussion with Christians before but not about single cells.

Every cell of the human body has the DNA code for the rest of the body contained in it, good question, even tho It seems like I have given you my dogmatic answer, I'm gonna have to ponder this lol

• Like 1

If it were true that every cell had a soul does that mean that there should be moderation in all things not giving to much attention to one part of the body. If we are God's over are own cells controlling what they are exposed to, can we criticize God for the bad things that happen to him as we are a part of him. As nothing is separate from God. Awesome topic, it's starting to sink in

Edited by Armchair Educated

But it takes all those cells to make up the body, each cell by itself would not survive long, so I don't believe every cell would have its own soul.

• Like 1

The collection of cells together is what we are made of. I would doubt each cell had a soul as I can not see a single cell achieving much on its own.

Although some of our mp`s seem to working with one cell, its not really true.

• Like 1

It is true that they all work together for the whole. But do they know they are. The small chains of multi-celled organizums work together too, I believe they know that.

That would mean a body contains trillions of souls if each cell had one. Souls constantly dying or being born. I somehow doubt that is the case.

• Like 1

Although some of our mp`s seem to working with one cell, its not really true.

are you sure freet?

all evidence suggests MP's don't have souls!!

(i think they sell them when they get the job....)

• Like 3

are you sure freet?

all evidence suggests MP's don't have souls!!

(i think they sell them when they get the job....)

I didn`t say they had souls and believe you are quite right, souls are traded in at the entrance to the house of commons for a box of fine cigars.

I believe many of the mp`s have 1 or 2 brain cells and have heard that if they have 3 or 4 can actually be considered for prime minister.

• Like 2

I believe in group souls, as in each contains the whole and the whole contains. each.

• Like 2

I believe in group souls, as in each contains the whole and the whole contains. each.

I like that, took my brain cells a little while to grasp it all together, but they got it in the end, and yep, I like it.

Surely a more important question is: why did the Bishop say Daniel wasn't to ask the question again?

;)

Surely a more important question is: why did the Bishop say Daniel wasn't to ask the question again?

;)

That is a good question. Remember spirits don't die. But maybe their not fulfligde spirits but some kind of egg.

About twenty years ago give or take. I asked my bishop this question. He then told ne not ask it again.

But, I think it is time to ask it again. According to the bible, all living things have a soul. This means from te virus all the way to huge redwood trees.

So, the question is, if all living things has a soul, does that mean every single cell in our body have it own soul. Remember each cell lives seperate lives from the body.

Yes. It's not a seperate soul though. It is only one. The spirit that moves through all things. In biblical terms it would be the holy spirit.

Consider this, we have souls and we are a part of a larger organism, the Earth. Although the Earth was here before us so it's more of a host to us. I guess our cells on a atomic molecular level are from the Earth and in a way the soul of Earth is what makes up our bodies. Maybe cells reflect our soul like tiny mirrors.

• Like 2

The soul is in the mind and holds the seat of emotions and power over the rest of the body. When God said, "This day thy soul (mind) is required of thee." God was not talking about the spirit or eternal salvation.

The spirit of God resides in the heart of every living child of God. When Genesis 1: 24 said, "Let the earth bring forth the "living" creature after his kind" that "living"- - means spiritually alive. These were Gentiles.

God said He was going to create 4 things that day. (1) living (spiritually alive) creature; (2) cattle (domestic animals); (3) creeping thing (smaller animals such as squirrels, skunks, etc.; (4) and beast of the earth (wild animals of every kind such as kangaroo, camel, lion, tiger, zebra, wolves; bear, etc.).

Since God does or says everything twice for our strong consolation, He said what He was going to do, then verse 25 God creates 3 or the 4 things He said He was going to create.

Then verse 26 (He saved the best for last), "Let Us (Triune Godhead) make man in Our image." These are the living (spiritually alive) creature with a soul (image of the Holy Spirit), and a heart (image of God the Father) and a body (image of Jesus Christ). Man is made up of 3 parts like the image of the Triune Godhead.

Genesis 2: 7 (Don't you just love how God providentially told us about Adam in verse 7? God molded man (Adam, the 1st Jew) like a lump of clay and told us about it on verse 7.) And God breathed into his nostrils the breath of spiritual life; and man became a "living" (spiritually alive) "soul" (mind).

Adam named every spiritually alive creature (Gentile). The origin of the names of races cannot be found because Adam named them and it has stuck to this day. Adam also named every domestic beast of the FIELD such as oxen (not wild beast of the EARTH). He also named every fowl of the air, domestic cattle and every domestic beast of the field. No one ever had to name a chicken a chicken; or a duck a duck; or a dog a dog; or a cat a cat, etc. They didn't evolve. They were created to be domesticated. And Adam named them.

After Adam and Eva gained the knowledge of good and evil and tried to cover their sinful nakedness with itchy fig leaves to no relief until God made the first sacrifice and clothed them with animal skins. Then in Genesis 3:20 Adam called his wife's name Eva (prefix of the Hebrew word "evangelize"); "because she was the mother of all living (spiritually alive)" (She is distinguished by being the mother of the knowledge of good and evil and leader of all spiritually alive.)

God bless.

Egyptians belief had multiple souls within the body. Alot of pagan(not sure how to classify it but old religions) spells deal with organs being a seat for the soul but each organ was for a certain spell.

I take it as not only are we but also animals multi-cellular beings but also a multi-soulular (yes a new word i made and patented) being. I grew up in a few Christian schools, and one of em taught that animals had a soul (it was a do animals go to heaven question) but humans are endowed with multiple souls and that's why were special, so the idea isnt mine alone.

To the OP's question - This is based upon my study and understanding of the universe as of today at this hour:

No each cell does not have a soul.

A cell is like the brick and mortar of a building, the metals and jewels used for the items within.

An organ (or system of cells doing a function) is the ornate decorations (if the cells are the metal and jewels, the idols and tools its shaped into are the organs).

And with spirit the building becomes a temple, a place to house a god. And then do the idols and ornaments become holy.

In older spells its not that cutting a birds liver(or maybe it was gull bladder) for divinition was like reading the soul. But more like:

organ = book/written word

soul = spoken or manifested word

Either all beings have a 'soul' (to some degree or another) or nothing does. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

I’ve kind of wondered about that myself. It’s a great question. My answer is yes. But a soul at this (cell) level, I think is better defined by the term Innate Intelligence. Innate Intelligence is what directs a flower to face the sun or a bird to fly. It’s not the same as our kind of soul. We do have a higher soul.

This higher soul houses a divine spark. And I think it branches out to include other forms of life, not necessarily biological. Mother Gaia has a soul. She is a living creature. But as cells in us have souls, do mountains or rocks also have souls? There I would probably say no, but the atoms that make up the rocks do. Perhaps all the way down to the quarks. But at this level these are just soul genes. Eventually they mix and form higher forms of life, until a critical mass is reached and the Holy Spirit can fill us with our own. And what is it that holds them (cells/soul genes) together? Weak, Strong, electromagnetic, gravity, GOD glue?

• Like 1