Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edward Snowden NSA whistleblower

Ashotep

A significant part of damage with regards to the disclosure by Snowden of special intelligence gathering is that highly dangerous, subversive groups now know what to avoid, thus making pre-emptive detection of intent/planning more difficult.

This adversely affects not just the U.S. but also the entire free world, specifically non-Islamic nations.

Likely resorting now to an increased use of personal couriers instead of electronic transfer of directives, such groups will increase their anonymity and ability to plan and strike desired targets.

Thanks for nothing, Snowden. Thanks for making our world a now much more dangerous place to live.

You cry about privacy, yet openly give adversaries tools they need.

You are a worthless, dangerous, POS.

Obama finally offers in-depth comments on Snowden.

Speaking to reporters in Senegal's capital Dakar, where he started his three-country tour of Africa, Obama on Thursday said regular legal channels should suffice to handle the US request that Snowden, who left Hong Kong for Moscow, be returned.

Obama said he had not yet spoken to China's President Xi Jinping or Russian President Vladimir Putin on the issue.

"The reason is ... number one, I shouldn't have to. Number two, we've got a whole lot of business that we do with China and Russia, and I'm not going to have one case of a suspect who we're trying to extradite suddenly being elevated to the point where I've got to start doing wheeling and dealing and trading on a whole host of other issues," the US President said.

Obama also dismissed suggestions that the US might try to intercept Snowden if he were allowed to depart Moscow by air and said he is not going to be "scrambling jets to get a 29-year-old hacker".

Obama refuses to barter over Snowden

These are the most expansive comments thus far at least from our president and they have to be admired for the sense of calmness displayed within them. Not being sucked into the drama vortex Snowden has created and surrounded himself is the best course of action from our leader.

If Snowden escapes to his exile fantasy land of what he considers having a better record on human rights and privacy than us then may he enjoy his computer terminal there in Quito or Caracas. For now his limbo at the Mosocow airport is turning out to be as boring as Tom Hanks' portrayal in The Terminal. At least Snowden's haircut is better than Tom Hanks' was in The Da Vinci Code, another snoozefest of a film.

Obama finally offers in-depth comments on Snowden.

Obama refuses to barter over Snowden

These are the most expansive comments thus far at least from our president and they have to be admired for the sense of calmness displayed within them. Not being sucked into the drama vortex Snowden has created and surrounded himself is the best course of action from our leader.

If Snowden escapes to his exile fantasy land of what he considers having a better record on human rights and privacy than us then may he enjoy his computer terminal there in Quito or Caracas. For now his limbo at the Mosocow airport is turning out to be as boring as Tom Hanks' portrayal in The Terminal. At least Snowden's haircut is better than Tom Hanks' was in The Da Vinci Code, another snoozefest of a film.

You did not just diss Tom Hanks in my presence mother ****er.

• Like 3

You did not just diss Tom Hanks in my presence mother ****er.

I liked "The Terminal"... Really a cute movie. Makes you realize there are still some good people out there.

• Like 2

The Da Vinci Code was good too, as are most of Tom Hanks movies. Im not one for the mainstream media but he is one of the few truely talented actors. What kind of movies do you like "The World Needs You"? Alex Jones documentaries? :w00t:

• Like 1

Hong Kong to Snowden: You're not coming back

*snip*

The city has now declared it won't let him back in.

Hong Kong's immigration department said late Thursday that it had told all airlines serving the city that they should not carry Snowden back as he would not be allowed entry after the department belatedly received notice that the U.S. had cancelled his passport.

Snowden left Hong Kong for Moscow on an Aeroflot flight last Sunday and is believed still to be in the transit area of the Moscow airport.

"Under the laws of Hong Kong, a passenger coming to Hong Kong must possess a valid travel document," the immigration department said.

*snip*

Separately Friday, Edward Snowden's father has reportedly informed the Justice Department that his son may return home if the conditions were to his liking. Lonnie Snowden made the comments to NBC.

http://www.usatoday.com/article/news/2471415

Edited by The world needs you

Oh you are Leave Brittney Alone!, did not even clue in. You can change your name on this forum? Well regardless, Im not about to bother figuring out how. So anyways Leave Brittney Alone!, what kind of punishment would you like to see for Snowden, death penalty? Torture? Put into a box full of live insects?

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Like 1

In more recent news Ecuador's President Correa has backed off his nation's harsh rhetotic toward the US after a phone call with our Vice President Biden. Now Correa is insinuating that it is up to Russia to decide Snowden's fate.

The floral industry in Ecuador seems to be suffering with high anxiety and Ecuador possibly offering to subsidize that ag-biz in the event the US tariff deal is not renewed.

Snowden's father, Lonnie, also recently stated he is worried about WikiLeaks' influence on his son. Lonnie considers what his son did as a "betrayal" to the government but does not consider his son a "traitor". A nuanced view is to be expected from his father.

All the Gov and departments need do is admit wrong doing and guarantee a clean and transparent investigation against such allegations in weighing the seriousness of the evidence available due the actions of Snowden ... that's all ... but then if there is wrong doing on the part of the Governing representatives ... there is no hope for Snowden ...

`

• Like 1

So, Mr Snowden now applies for political asylum in Russia........69ebf983b471.gif and ca24c574a575.gif

So, Mr Snowden now applies for political asylum in Russia........69ebf983b471.gif and ca24c574a575.gif

And what did Mr. Putin get in return?

And what did Mr. Putin get in return?

If Mr Snowden is unlucky, then Viktor Bout may see Russia again sooner than he thought. All sorts of possibilities here....

• Like 2

If Mr Snowden is unlucky, then Viktor Bout may see Russia again sooner than he thought. All sorts of possibilities here....

Depends, so far Snowden released some dirt on the US and on Britain, who is going to tell Mr. Putin that he does not have some on Russia?

While acting bold:

I am unbowed in my convictions and impressed at the efforts taken by so many.

Edward Snowden WikiLeaks Statement Sparks Doubts Of Authenticity On Twitter

The craven coward Snowden also seems desperate:

WikiLeaks also released another statement saying Snowden was asking for asylum in several countries, including Russia, China, Brazil, India and Ireland. Ecuadorean President Rafael Correa was quoted in Britain's Guardian newspaper as saying his country could not consider an asylum request unless Snowden was on Ecuadorean territory.

*snip*

WikiLeaks disclosed on Monday that Snowden had prepared requests for asylum in countries including Austria, Bolivia, Cuba, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, Norway, Poland, Spain, Switzerland and Venezuela. The requests were given to a Russian official at the airport and were to be delivered to the appropriate embassies in Moscow.

Snowden already has sought asylum in Ecuador and Iceland.

Snowden threatens new U.S. leaks, asks numerous countries for asylum

Then he whines about many things including this:

Although I am convicted of nothing, it has unilaterally revoked my passport, leaving me a stateless person.

Snowden is running out of golden eggs. His biggest mistake is thinking some dude off the internet (Assange) could help him. He might as well have asked Cyberbob for help.

Snowden is running out of golden eggs. His biggest mistake is thinking some dude off the internet (Assange) could help him. He might as well asked Cyberbob for help.

I don't know, it seems to me that Mr. Assange has held out pretty well. At least he's escaped the fate of Pvt. Manning.
  • Like 2

Most countries do not want Snowden.

MOSCOW — NSA leaker Edward Snowden's prospects for political asylum abroad narrowed rapidly Tuesday after he withdrew his request to Russia and almost half of the 21 countries on his request list have turned him down.

The former National Security Agency contractor abandoned his request for asylum in Russia after President Vladimir Putin said Monday that he must stop his anti-American activity.

Russian news agencies Tuesday quoted Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov as saying that Snowden, unhappy with the conditions Russia has set, had taken back his application to Moscow.

"It's true, Snowden did express a request to remain in Russia. But having found out yesterday about Russia's position, voiced by President Putin, about the conditions for theoretically doing so, he rejected his intention and request to stay in Russia," RIA Novosti quoted Peskov as saying.

*snip*

Snowden has requested asylum from 21 countries

He is going to blame it on us and continue whining about how we are punishing him with "exile".

This kind of deception from a world leader is not justice, and neither is the extralegal penalty of exile.

Really? It was his choice to flee...he is welcome back anytime. Snowden is proving himself to be more and more of a comical spy lacking foresight and realistic expectations for his actions.

If I were Mr. Snowden, I would consider asking for asylum with the Vatican, and ignore Wikileaks if they suggest this is a bad idea.

After all, Wikileaks didn't arguably see his coming, I did.

The Vatican cannot be in the dark about what is materializing on this earth. Resistance of a potential, future tool of genocide must be considered noble.

Are there only saints, and no prophets? Was my confirmation a waste of the Holy Spirit's time? Where does old Rome begin, and New Rome end?

Give this man refuge if he asks for it.

In the future, the church becomes the state, again. So what are you waiting for? Your army stands ready.

Ban Ki-moon condemns Snowden.

“The Snowden case is something I consider to be misuse,” he said in giving his personal opinion on the issue, adding that digital communication should not be “misused in such a way as Snowden did.”

In response to a question about whistleblowers by MP for the Pirate Party Birgitta Jónsdóttir, Ki-moon reportedly replied:

Access can be for the greater good, but sometimes it creates bigger problems through misuse by individuals.

http://www.icelandre...01297.news.aspx

• Like 1

Snowden agrees now to stop leaks so that Russia can consider asylum. Those were the terms Putin stated before. So we see that self preservation kicks in and Snowden's claim to nobly risk his life to get the leaks out, that the leaks were more important than himself, now appear false. He could claim such when he thought the world would support him but now that he has found minimal support (Latin American governments, minority political parties in Europe, demonstrations here and there but no overwhelming turnout by citizens) his noble mission seems anything but...

The coward reveals his true colors to grovel for asylum, submit to Putin, and do anything to avoid American justice.

Snowden agrees now to stop leaks so that Russia can consider asylum. Those were the terms Putin stated before. So we see that self preservation kicks in and Snowden's claim to nobly risk his life to get the leaks out, that the leaks were more important than himself, now appear false. He could claim such when he thought the world would support him but now that he has found minimal support (Latin American governments, minority political parties in Europe, demonstrations here and there but no overwhelming turnout by citizens) his noble mission seems anything but...

The coward reveals his true colors to grovel for asylum, submit to Putin, and do anything to avoid American justice.

It's a chess game on a global scale, that's all. Snowden's claims are not and were not false. This is political maneuvering, nothing more. He's made his point on the revelations, and will now do as the Russians demand, so that he might achieve his goal of asylum.

Sacrifice a pawn or a Bishop, but achieve another goal.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 2

The PEOPLE failed Snowden ...

~

• Like 1

Well, they killed Kennedy for standing up to them, but he was an easier target than Snowden. They were both creatures of the system, so the people had precious little to do with it. Plus, the government has been ignoring the people's wishes for quite a few decades now. It seems to have a life of it's own. :cry:

If I were him, I'd take Russia, if it could be worked out.

Edited by Babe Ruth
  • Like 1