Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

No escape

markdohle

No escape

When the heart is hard, protected, it is difficult to understand the pain caused others, until it is experienced. It is then that reflection on our own actions can bring this deep healing, and in the process allows us all to be healers of others, by the bestowing of mercy, just as God does for us. There is a cost in showing mercy, just as there is in not showing it. It is simply the way things are, there is no escape.

Makes me think of Paul in the Bible who persecuted and killed Christians till God came to him and was like, "what the hell, man!" I'd bet God let Paul feel their pain and his forgiveness in his encounter with God. Must have been overwhelming. Paul then preached the message all over the world afterwards per the Bible.

Your post is very well written and heartfelt btw :-)

• Like 1

Makes me think of Paul in the Bible who persecuted and killed Christians till God came to him and was like, "what the hell, man!" I'd bet God let Paul feel their pain and his forgiveness in his encounter with God. Must have been overwhelming. Paul then preached the message all over the world afterwards per the Bible.

Your post is very well written and heartfelt btw :-)

Thank you my friend, well said and actually never thought of Paul having to go through what he did to others....

Peace

mark

Well said. I refer you to my icon quote by the good Professor Fesmire ("fes"='confess;' "mire"='sin'), who is a world-renowned authority on the subject of mercy.