Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sleep Talking To The Dead?

jaki2

Does sound strange, but why are you recording yourself while asleep?

• Like 1

Does sound strange, but why are you recording yourself while asleep?

Oh I've done it. Most people vocalize their dreams while sleeping. As for the " Other Voices " , I will guess it's your self trying to match others in your dream ' sleep . But that's a guess only.

• Like 3

I went to reply yesterday and the topic had vanished. Or I'm blind or summat.

Basically, what ROGER said.

• Like 1

I am a light sleeper and at times I have had held full conversations with my wife while I am a sleep and not recall any thing the next day. One night i must of been sweating from the AZ heat and my wife asked me if i am ok, i told her i was hot and need a fan on and she did and i didn't call a single thing.

After me denying it, i put my digital tape recorder that tapes 8 hours and i found i talk in myself a lot, normally it's about my father or replay of conversations i had with my customers or coworkers.

• Like 3

Hi everyone and thanks for your input, I have been recording myself asleep since the beginning of the year, as I was told I talk in my sleep. So far I have about 30 recordings I've kept with other voices in them.

I don't know if I could change my voice this much? I am pretty much a skeptic on things paranormal myself, I would need some solid proof.

This one was strange though, and there was only my 70yr old mother in the house at the time and the door did not open or close, as you would have heard it.

These recordings also only happen when I stay at my mothers, they have never occured in my own home. And yes, my father, sister, uncle and nana all died in this home.

Anyways, I'm going to try and video record, I"ll keep you posted if I get anything worth posting.

Thanks all! I am not hearing things :yes:

• Like 1

I am a light sleeper and at times I have had held full conversations with my wife while I am a sleep and not recall any thing the next day. One night i must of been sweating from the AZ heat and my wife asked me if i am ok, i told her i was hot and need a fan on and she did and i didn't call a single thing.

After me denying it, i put my digital tape recorder that tapes 8 hours and i found i talk in myself a lot, normally it's about my father or replay of conversations i had with my customers or coworkers.

I've done the same things before. In fact, my cousin used to live with me when we were younger and he and I had a full on conversation (which I basically talked about food for about 45 minutes). I don't remember it at all as I was asleep. We had the radio going, I woke up and I was reaching for the radio because I thought it was broken. So basically, my legs were still in bed, my left arm was on the ground supporting my weight and my right arm was reaching towards the radio which was on the floor. People do a lot of strange, entirely explainable things in their sleep.

• Like 2

I used to take Ambien and I used to do all kinds of things in my sleep/wake state. I cleaned the oven once and denied it vehemently.

• Like 1

I received a phone call from a friend in a dream, telling me it was time to get up (I'd asked him to give me a 6:30am wake-up call), got up, showered, dressed, opened the door to go out to the car, saw stars in the sky, got in my car, and the clock read 2am. I was ticked that he'd called so early, only to find out he had forgotten to call at all.

Worst dream I had was dreaming I got up, got my wife and my step son ready for their work. Sent them off, Showered, ate breakfast and cooked dinner. Woke up to alarm clock, first words were "I already went to work today!"

• Like 1

I would video myself to see just what's going on, maybe you might find its you whos making the different voice sounds as part of some role play during a dream, seems crazy to me as I very rarely even remember dreams let alone know I'm chatting in them

Several times my wife carried out cogent conversations with me until I realized she was fast asleep. I don't see anything paranormal about that, and it seems to me possible that one could vocalize similar conversations with dream figures.

It kind of sounds like the audio cuts in/out when you hear the different voices.

It sounds like you move around a lot in your sleep :P lol

I used to fight with enemies/monsters in my sleep,... my girlfriend at the time HATED it. She got a couple of perfect elbows in the face while sleeping next to me.

We are not to geather anymore.

It sounds like you move around a lot in your sleep

Yes, indeed. You were thrashing about quite a lot, or the mic was actually in your bed with you? lol

I hear mumbling, but nothing outside the range one voice could easily make. I'm sure if you tried while you were awake you could make high-pitched kid voices, deep voices and all sorts of ranges. No reason you couldn't do it in your sleep then either.

• Like 1