Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gay Christians

SpiritWriter

If a person is gay they are gay.. it has nothing to do woth you being heterosexual and putting god before your sexual life. A gay christian would be in the position to do the same, put god before thier sexual life. But that wouldn't make them not gay. So what im saying is that thier sexual life and thier relationship with god are a private matter to them. Just like your sexual life is a private matter to you. If you are involved in sexual activity that is unhealthy or ungodly god will rebuke you for that. If it is good and beneficial god will bless... same for anyone.

so can a gay Christian have a sexlife outside of marriage? and god would bless it?

Shame and guilt are not healthy for your spiritual well-being and sex and sin is a huge part of Christianity, shaming and guilting are methods for control.

That is true...

so can a gay Christian have a sexlife outside of marriage? and god would bless it?

God would bless a gay marraige yes, outside of marraige yes on that too because they probably wouldn't be legally married. You can be married in your heart.

Edit: and thats the part that really isnt your business, we all go through our stuff.. we are blessed because we know god and have him in our lives as a counselor, protector, provider etc... gay and lesbians are going tobhave issues just like heterosexuals. Ups and downs but its not the sexual orientation that is the determining factor for being blessed. Again the problem is that Christians are labelling the sexual orientation as the sin. God created that person and made them who they are.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

God would bless a gay marraige yes, outside of marraige yes on that too because they probably wouldn't be legally married. You can be married in your heart.

in the bible it states your married when you have sex, does that mean when two men have intercourse using alternative cavities that they are married? if so can two women be married as they cant consummate the marriage.

I base the being married part by intercourse on this passage.

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

Let me just take your word for it, mmmkay? Well just the word personality is indicative of a person. Image wise, you really think that is some human-looking God character lurking around somewhere in the heavens? Seems silly to me. But no, it's more than that, you can see it even in a thread like this, 2 Christians can read their same bible and here you'll have some saying Christians can be gay and some that will say no way. They have the same verses, the same words, but their idea of what God wants parallels their own. They have some people close that are gay or just like the story Sherapy told about the boy who believed all that being gay was sinful until someone came along that was gay and his beliefs didn't suit him anymore, so they change and of course they try to make it out God follows along right with them and claim it was all a big misunderstanding and reinterpret it all to make it work for them and their convenience.

Well God SHOULD work for us correct? We are one with God and we evolve over time in our understanding of who he is, ive had to adjust my views over the course of my spiritual walk. If I did not I would be very frusterated and not all together sane right about now. But none of this makes him any less real, as a matter of fact my faith has increased at every interval and every step I took at revising my beliefs and the reason for that is because it was him showing me these things as I went along. So I just want to say, making god fit to suit your needs is not bad, there us no way you can change who god is by doing this, you are merely changing yourself and making yourself better. If you have went in the wrong direction with your beliefs and you are serious about your connection and reliance on god, he will correct your path. God is our holy counselor that lives inside of us and works outside of us making our life whole.. it is a real relationship. Just like with another human you will be able to tell if it is fake or real, and also, human relationships takw thier courses as well. As you grow old with someone you learn more about them. If you are mindful you will see if what you are doing is hurting ir helping the relationship. The thing about god is he is always helping because he is the perfect match for everybody. Does one persons perfect match need to be the same as another persons perfect match? Definately not.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c]10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

in the bible it states your married when you have sex, does that mean when two men have intercourse using alternative cavities that they are married? if so can two women be married as they cant consummate the marriage.

I base the being married part by intercourse on this passage.

15 The woman said to him, “Sir, give me this water so that I won’t get thirsty and have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go, call your husband and come back.”

17 “I have no husband,” she replied.

Jesus said to her, “You are right when you say you have no husband. 18 The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true.”

19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

I agree that sex is like a spiritual marraige thats why it's so important to consider.

Let me just take your word for it, mmmkay? Well just the word personality is indicative of a person. Image wise, you really think that is some human-looking God character lurking around somewhere in the heavens? Seems silly to me. But no, it's more than that, you can see it even in a thread like this, 2 Christians can read their same bible and here you'll have some saying Christians can be gay and some that will say no way. They have the same verses, the same words, but their idea of what God wants parallels their own. They have some people close that are gay or just like the story Sherapy told about the boy who believed all that being gay was sinful until someone came along that was gay and his beliefs didn't suit him anymore, so they change and of course they try to make it out God follows along right with them and claim it was all a big misunderstanding and reinterpret it all to make it work for them and their convenience.

You will have to take my word on it, mmmmkayyyy.

The bible does speak to people in different ways. That is what is so beautiful about the bible. Each time you read it, it will speak to you the reader a different way than it did the previous time you had read it.

You asked if I really think there could be a human-looking god lurking around in the heavens somewhere? Answer, yes. If you want proof that it could happen, get a really good telescope, stand on the moon and point it towards earth. If there is life ANYWHERE in the universe that is less intelligent then us, that is exactly how they would perceive us. That proves that there are human looking creatures in this universe. We have a shape (Random or Not) that we know manifests itself in this universe. We are proof of that.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous[b] will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,[c]10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Quoting this scripture and targeting gays is what has kept a whole population from knowing and experiencing god... pray about this please and ask god to speak to you in sincerity. Please... you also might want to do some research on real gay people. I bet it is attitudes like this that are the NUMBER 1 reason a gay person does not believe in God. But guess what. God is better and mightier than you think he is!

• Like 2

Well God SHOULD work for us correct? We are one with God and we evolve over time in our understanding of who he is, ive had to adjust my views over the course of my spiritual walk. If I did not I would be very frusterated and not all together sane right about now. But none of this makes him any less real, as a matter of fact my faith has increased at every interval and every step I took at revising my beliefs and the reason for that is because it was him showing me these things as I went along. So I just want to say, making god fit to suit your needs is not bad, there us no way you can change who god is by doing this, you are merely changing yourself and making yourself better. If you have went in the wrong direction with your beliefs and you are serious about your connection and reliance on god, he will correct your path. God is our holy counselor that lives inside of us and works outside of us making our life whole.. it is a real relationship. Just like with another human you will be able to tell if it is fake or real, and also, human relationships takw thier courses as well. As you grow old with someone you learn more about them. If you are mindful you will see if what you are doing is hurting ir helping the relationship. The thing about god is he is always helping because he is the perfect match for everybody. Does one persons perfect match need to be the same as another persons perfect match? Definately not.

I think this is better than Christianity what you say here. A religion like Christianity that deals in absolutes suffocates thinking like this.

You will have to take my word on it, mmmmkayyyy.

The bible does speak to people in different ways. That is what is so beautiful about the bible. Each time you read it, it will speak to you the reader a different way than it did the previous time you had read it.

You asked if I really think there could be a human-looking god lurking around in the heavens somewhere? Answer, yes. If you want proof that it could happen, get a really good telescope, stand on the moon and point it towards earth. If there is life ANYWHERE in the universe that is less intelligent then us, that is exactly how they would perceive us. That proves that there are human looking creatures in this universe. We have a shape (Random or Not) that we know manifests itself in this universe. We are proof of that.

Ancient-Aliens-Meme-Hair-Guy-0131-600x630.jpg

• Like 1

I think this is better than Christianity what you say here. A religion like Christianity that deals in absolutes suffocates thinking like this.

Well in this age of pansyfooting around with words let me say this. Get over it. There are absolutes in this world. You are absolutely going to die, and you are going to absolutely find out if Christianity was a path to heaven or not. Life deals in absolutes, and the bible is a book about your life.

Ancient-Aliens-Meme-Hair-Guy-0131-600x630.jpg

Hey!! Where is his little flying machine from the pyramid pin? That sure does look like a lot more high dollar suit than the alien man wears! I smell conspiracy. Must be the aliens.

Just noticed you pulled this up from Doodiepants.com. Is this a website where you get most of your news and information? Are you doodiepants educated?

Edited by Ugly1

Quoting this scripture and targeting gays is what has kept a whole population from knowing and experiencing god... pray about this please and ask god to speak to you in sincerity. Please... you also might want to do some research on real gay people. I bet it is attitudes like this that are the NUMBER 1 reason a gay person does not believe in God. But guess what. God is better and mightier than you think he is!

of course these are the reasons gay people don't want to believe in god, the only thing that stops people from not knowing god is them selves. how can you be a Christian and not think scripture is important. the whole message of the bible is to spread the word o.o

what makes you a Christian?

Well I guess that settles it, God is a Mormon! :P

No Mormons are polygamist, they have more than one wife, but polygamy the gender doesn't matter. It is like a group of people fall in love and they all get married, let the sex be as it may. Not uncommon in Pagan circles. ;)

• Like 1

Hey!! Where is his little flying machine from the pyramid pin? That sure does look like a lot more high dollar suit than the alien man wears! I smell conspiracy. Must be the aliens.

Just noticed you pulled this up from Doodiepants.com. Is this a website where you get most of your news and information? Are you doodiepants educated?

I had to find somewhere as ridiculous as your response!

True religion does not. But I do agree with you for the most part. The problem is our minds, trying to fit in, being cool, labeling and categegorizing what is acceptable or not based on titles rather than true love/justice etc... and being sheep. Also the idea that we know everything, this exists not only in religion.

I could go on but ilk stoo. Yes I agree with you in many regards but at the same time there is a freedom in christ which isnt stifling at all..

Well in this age of pansyfooting around with words let me say this. Get over it. There are absolutes in this world. You are absolutely going to die, and you are going to absolutely find out if Christianity was a path to heaven or not. Life deals in absolutes, and the bible is a book about your life.

Funny, if you read what you say, really the reason for Christianity is a path to heaven and then you say it's a book about your life, when what you're really arguing for is a book about your death and what happens when you die if you sign up with this. I mean it's typical, and yes, there are definitely absolutes, you dangle a carrot of paradise above someone's head, they'll be the ones who will jump to take a bite, especially if you reinforce it with a fear of hell. No wonder people call it a death cult.

of course these are the reasons gay people don't want to believe in god, the only thing that stops people from not knowing god is them selves. how can you be a Christian and not think scripture is important. the whole message of the bible is to spread the word o.o

Scripture is important and the scripture you quoted says sexual immorality it doesn't say anything about being gay. I am a Christian because God called me a Christian and because I claim it. Do you think I'm not?

Scripture is important and the scripture you quoted says sexual immorality it doesn't say anything about being gay. I am a Christian because God called me a Christian and because I claim it. Do you think I'm not?

last time I checked the definition of homosexuality was being gay or visa versa

I don't know you, only god knows if your a Christian, but if your beliefs goe against Christianity then what am I to think.

what I think doesn't matter, we both need to pray for our selves and others.

I had a dream of writing this exact comment the other day, so its significant to me. ( good or bad I don't know)

Edited by Armchair Educated

If all those words were God's words, a true God that controls all that is and ever was, could spread his own words, he wouldn't need little men to do it, but if men wrote it and claimed God says it, then definitely they would need men to spread it.

Funny, if you read what you say, really the reason for Christianity is a path to heaven and then you say it's a book about your life, when what you're really arguing for is a book about your death and what happens when you die if you sign up with this. I mean it's typical, and yes, there are definitely absolutes, you dangle a carrot of paradise above someone's head, they'll be the ones who will jump to take a bite, especially if you reinforce it with a fear of hell. No wonder people call it a death cult.

As long as you take what me saying the bible being about life and put it into the context that you need it to be your discussion will hold water. Too bad it doesn't work like that. The bible is not "You die and go to heaven or hell". The book is about life. But hey, me talking to you about the bible is like me asking you questions about the Encyclopedia Britannica Issue 17 page 4. They have about the same meaning to you because you have about as much research invested into the bible as you do said Britannica issue.

Now you say you had to find something as ridiculous as my response? What is your thought process on how we got here? If there is no god, it was a random factor of events, correct? So you are saying that this cannot happen elsewhere in the universe? A universe that you couldn't even begin to fathom the size of couldn't have this happen anywhere else? What I stated is that we are already a proven product of the universe. I think we could have similar shaped beings of some form in the vast universe. Sure why not.

Better rush over to Doodiepants.com and find some more material.

last time I checked the definition of homosexuality was being gay or visa versa

I don't know you, only god knows if your a Christian, but if your beliefs goe against Christianity then what am I to think.

what I think doesn't matter, we both need to pray for our selves and others.

No I dont agree with every scripture verse... God is bigger than that to me.I know god and I know the power of christ that is what is important to me. I also know gay people who were created gay. There is an aspect to the bible which is about division and controll, I think hatred toward gays falls under that category. Yep and im still full Christian....

Full christian but also call myself a christian pagan because I kniw god for myself and have my own natural religion not defined by man. So think what you want about what I believe but you cant take god away from me.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2

No I dont agree with every scripture verse... God is bigger than that to me.I know god and I know the power of christ that is what is important to me. I also know gay people who were created gay. There is an aspect to the bible which is about division and controll, I think hatred toward gays falls under that category. Yep and im still full Christian....

Full christian but also call myself a christian pagan because I kniw god for myself and have my own natural religion not defined by man. So think what you want about what I believe but you cant take god away from me.

no one knows god, your not more special than other Christians that he would preach a different message to you. know one is created gay, all aspects of a persons personality happen through choices and chance stimulants. if your friends were born blind they wouldn't of become gay and the eyes when added wouldn't make them genetically gay.

going to sleep as its late, if you are a Christian you will pray for me even though we disagreed.

Edited by Armchair Educated

Really the bottom line is who cares what people think? It is like we are asking for a discussion on getting people to accept if Homosexual Christians go to heaven. This discussion is not valid. It does not matter what we think. If you are Christian you are told not to judge, and that everyone will be judged accordingly when they die. Will you let your self be drawn down the path of judgement that your faith tells you not to engage in? Not only does it say do not engage in it, but you will be held accountable for engaging in it.

As I said earlier, I pray everyone finds love in their life. Regarding Homosexuals going to heaven; Nobody here is going to be able to answer that one for you with any certainty.