Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will the AntiChrist find his victims?

Raptor Witness

the mark of the beast, your ability to trade, the way of keeping an eye on you has been here for decades.

we use it every day.

it's not nefarious, it's subtle.

we're heading closer to a cashless society, and what better way to-

make it the only way to trade-

keep tabs on you-

a mark we all carry?

your bank cards.

• Like 3

Hmmm, Christians, always looking for enemies, always pointing the finger and accusing the "other". Meanwhile the rest of the world not Christian, and more specifically American Christian, simply stand to one side and laugh. I am not concerned with any "anti-Christ", even though apparently I am this person, or at least a minion. I am more concerned with looking at this from the other way around. By that I mean that it is this Christ, or at least his (or her) (or it's) followers who seem to be something I can only describe as "anti-human", or indeed, "anti-commonsense", "anti-rational thought" and on and on. Seems to me this "Anti-Christ" seems to be the one to follow.

Oh! did I just become one of these "victims" ....

That is a very shallow, stereotypical, and dim world view. The "anti-Christ" as described in the Holy Bible for Christians is echoed in almost every culture that has ever existed. Whether it is Egyptian, Greek, Christian, or even Islamic. All of them have similar myths and legends about an epic showdown of good vs. evil in which the fate of the world will be held in the balance. Now I will admit that much of these tales are meant as allegory and cautionary warnings on how to live a good life as it relates to morality and such. It is not just Christians who need an enemy because mankind has always done that and to put that on one particular religion, group, or belief system shows how naïve you are in diversity or acceptance of it. You only become a "victim" when you place yourself in that role, which it seems like you were doing to a degree by outright mocking Christian belief.

Although I do agree that "Anti-Christ" is an idea more than people most of the time, the Bible is very clear about there being a final showdown between Christ & Anti-Christ. Jesus gave clues, as did the book of Revelation, and the book of Daniel. You get a good idea of what is to come by combining these sources. The anti-Christ will not have to track down his victims because he will implement the "mark of the beast" which I believe is the RFID chips being prepped in Obama care. If you know which people are marked, then all this anti-Christ would have to do is kill everyone not identified by the chip. There are a bunch of FEMA coffins in Georgia that indicate that something big and major is coming in regards to anti-Christ and the death toll. The stage is definitely being set for his arrival and there are signs of a coming one world government and one world currency, which is tailor made for the chip system. If money holds no value, everything is essentially tied back to the chip which is the way everyone will buy or sell. No one can deny that the economy has been spiraling towards a crash and I don't believe in coincidences as it is all foretold in the Bible and it is literal and not allegorical. We have found evidence in archeology that places once thought to be myth like Sodom & Gommorah actually existed. Some believe Troy and Atlantis will be found and that tangible evidence exists to prove their existence. Point being, that many dismiss the "anti-Christ" as a myth, legend, or allegorical parable when it should be taken quite literally.

My view of this situation isn't quite that broadly dire, at least not yet, but the thought has crossed my mind that Edward Snowden could actually be a planted revolutionary hero, meant to out all the so called "traitors" from our midst in the event of a global catastrophe of any sort. It's a sickening thought, but one that cannot be ignored.

It's a question that I've wondered about on occasion, but never heard discussed in theory. I wasn't a fan of these modern Christian films on the subject, such as the "Taken Series," so I have no idea what others think or believe.

If you don't believe in an AntiChrist, that's fine too, just replace it with Adolf Hitler, since history is full of bad characters and we could certainly see another one.

I don't know if replacing "antichrist" with "adolf hitler" or any other name fits the situation. For one thing, hitler is from the past and we already know how he got his victims. If we pick a current "villain" well, we also know where they got/get their victims. If it's a future villain then we don't actually know anything... it will be all speculation.

Also, the people we consider in the "antichrist" role are just people, albeit people that made bad, harmful decisions but they all fart and pick their nose like everyone else; which means they have insecurities, fears and issues like all of us (hitler being a very good example of this) and that doesn't seem very antichrist like.

Am I looking into the question too literally?

• Like 1

RW, do you know the story of Nimrod? He's a mighty, giant hunter....................................................................................

That is a very shallow, stereotypical, and dim world view. The "anti-Christ" as described in the Holy Bible for Christians is echoed in almost every culture that has ever existed. Whether it is Egyptian, Greek, Christian, or even Islamic. All of them have similar myths and legends about an epic showdown of good vs. evil in which the fate of the world will be held in the balance. Now I will admit that much of these tales are meant as allegory and cautionary warnings on how to live a good life as it relates to morality and such. It is not just Christians who need an enemy because mankind has always done that and to put that on one particular religion, group, or belief system shows how naïve you are in diversity or acceptance of it. You only become a "victim" when you place yourself in that role, which it seems like you were doing to a degree by outright mocking Christian belief.

Nonsense is there to be mocked. And mockery is rather better than burning at stake for not complying with Christian beliefs..... Or any religious nonsense. I am free to believe or not believe what I want. I am free to mock and point out "emperor has no clothes". I am not a slave to ancient superstition and garbage and will say what I wish in the face of some comments against me in this forum. Insult and patronise all you like, it is nothing to me.

And btw, get a sense of humour and irony, then read my post again. Perhaps you missed the part were I said I have been accused of being the anti-christ on this forum. As this thread is about the anti-christ I think I would be failing to live up to expectations if I did not say something anti-christ like. Oh, and what part of the forum is this? yes, THAT part........

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri
  • Like 1

It shouldnt be too hard, ideally a genuine christian wouldn't deny their faith.

Proving their loyalty to Jesus Christ? It wouldn't even boil down to that because Jesus will protect His flock. I'm all for rapture -- one of the benefits of being a Christian.

Peace.

how will the Anti Christ find his victims?? intresting, lets go back to what the dark Lord Satan promised jesus to try tempt him ; PROMISE THE WORLD!..bit like hittler, cough...

I don't know if replacing "antichrist" with "adolf hitler" or any other name fits the situation. For one thing, hitler is from the past and we already know how he got his victims. If we pick a current "villain" well, we also know where they got/get their victims. If it's a future villain then we don't actually know anything... it will be all speculation.

Also, the people we consider in the "antichrist" role are just people, albeit people that made bad, harmful decisions but they all fart and pick their nose like everyone else; which means they have insecurities, fears and issues like all of us (hitler being a very good example of this) and that doesn't seem very antichrist like.

Am I looking into the question too literally?

Bad guy of history generally, is my point. Just a bad guy who wants to hurt good people.

how will the Anti Christ find his victims?? intresting, lets go back to what the dark Lord Satan promised jesus to try tempt him ; PROMISE THE WORLD!..bit like hittler, cough...

Not to stray too far from the topic, but I've always been fascinated that Jesus didn't contradict Satan in that scene. He could have, but He didn't dispute who had control of the world, at that juncture. Edited by Raptor Witness

Nonsense is there to be mocked. And mockery is rather better than burning at stake for not complying with Christian beliefs..... Or any religious nonsense. I am free to believe or not believe what I want. I am free to mock and point out "emperor has no clothes". I am not a slave to ancient superstition and garbage and will say what I wish in the face of some comments against me in this forum. Insult and patronise all you like, it is nothing to me.

You misunderstood my meaning. I was not insulting nor was I mocking. You are free to believe whatever you choose, which was never my issue here. But, openly mocking a belief system is very arrogant and quite childlike. The world would be a boring place if we all believed the exact same thing or didn't have differences. It is quite simple, it takes all types to make the world go 'round. Mocking a belief system only shows intolerance and ignorance, if that's what you so choose to do. Just don't be surprised when your yourself are mocked for that same outlook. It's called karma, my friend. If you mock, so you shall be mocked.

And btw, get a sense of humour and irony, then read my post again. Perhaps you missed the part were I said I have been accused of being the anti-christ on this forum. As this thread is about the anti-christ I think I would be failing to live up to expectations if I did not say something anti-christ like. Oh, and what part of the forum is this? yes, THAT part........

No, I got the humor there. Although it seems like you are hiding behind humor and irony as a way to justify your outrageous and open mocking of opposing viewpoints. You don't have to believe as I do or even in Christianity. However, if you expect anyone to take you seriously or respect your viewpoint you have to be willing to do the same for others. The Golden Rule.

Bad guy of history generally, is my point. Just a bad guy who wants to hurt good people.

That's too general for me. If this antichrist grabbed 100 random people who's to say all of them or even majority of them would be good? And if even one was a really bad man then wouldn't it then be a good thing that he's killed? Say a man that is a pedophile, murderer, torturer, and anything you've ever considered bad.

You misunderstood my meaning. I was not insulting nor was I mocking. You are free to believe whatever you choose, which was never my issue here. But, openly mocking a belief system is very arrogant and quite childlike. The world would be a boring place if we all believed the exact same thing or didn't have differences. It is quite simple, it takes all types to make the world go 'round. Mocking a belief system only shows intolerance and ignorance, if that's what you so choose to do. Just don't be surprised when your yourself are mocked for that same outlook. It's called karma, my friend. If you mock, so you shall be mocked.

No, I got the humor there. Although it seems like you are hiding behind humor and irony as a way to justify your outrageous and open mocking of opposing viewpoints. You don't have to believe as I do or even in Christianity. However, if you expect anyone to take you seriously or respect your viewpoint you have to be willing to do the same for others. The Golden Rule.

Not hiding behind anything. I have always been honest and outspoken about what I think. Seems to me that Christians here are hypersensitive to any critiscism or anything that they think is critiscism. And always trying to seem that they are the ones with the truth and morality and all else are somehow morally deficient if they do not toe the line. It is an insufferable attitude and I will not anymore suffer any pompous and patronising arrogance from them on this forum. You say "your outrageous and open mocking of opposing viewpoints", I say, you reap what you sow.

Not hiding behind anything. I have always been honest and outspoken about what I think. Seems to me that Christians here are hypersensitive to any critiscism or anything that they think is critiscism. And always trying to seem that they are the ones with the truth and morality and all else are somehow morally deficient if they do not toe the line. It is an insufferable attitude and I will not anymore suffer any pompous and patronising arrogance from them on this forum. You say "your outrageous and open mocking of opposing viewpoints", I say, you reap what you sow.

Just curious what system of belief you would class yourself under Tutankhaten-pasheri? Obviously its not Christian.

Just curious what system of belief you would class yourself under Tutankhaten-pasheri? Obviously its not Christian.

As far as some ultimate creator god is concerned I am atheist. As far as any gods occuring after big bang or whatever else started everything off, then pagan. Though it is not so simple to explain.....

So would I be right to suggest your not monotheistic ( one God) and possibly not Religious in that you don't worship any particular Deity, however have solid understanding of Egyptian/ Pagan worship. I have read a few of your posts and the information you post about Egypt I enjoy. Anyway,the antichrist is a difficult topic to talk with and theres many opinions on it.

• Like 1

Hmmm, Christians, always looking for enemies, always pointing the finger and accusing the "other". Meanwhile the rest of the world not Christian, and more specifically American Christian, simply stand to one side and laugh. I am not concerned with any "anti-Christ", even though apparently I am this person, or at least a minion. I am more concerned with looking at this from the other way around. By that I mean that it is this Christ, or at least his (or her) (or it's) followers who seem to be something I can only describe as "anti-human", or indeed, "anti-commonsense", "anti-rational thought" and on and on. Seems to me this "Anti-Christ" seems to be the one to follow.

Oh! did I just become one of these "victims" ....

Then why did you bother commenting on a topic you have no belief in?

Did you just feel the overwhelming need to get a dig in at Christianity today?

Then why did you bother commenting on a topic you have no belief in?

Did you just feel the overwhelming need to get a dig in at Christianity today?

So there is a block on making comments? I am not to comment about certain subjects? Yet I see many here making comments about matters on this forum that they are clearly totaly ignorant on. At least in this thread I can make comment as the subject matter, the anti-Christ. That is what I am called by some Christians on this forum, and I am to make no comment........

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri

Easy. The victims will be those who are seen not following the religon of the first 3 1/2 years, not being affected by the plagues falling on the earth, not worshiping the anti-christ when he sets up his kingdom in the last 3 1/2 years, not taking the mark of the beast and not worshiping the image of the beast. :innocent:

If there is an Antichrist, there will be no reason for it/him/whatever to find victims. People flock to attractive things like shiny white teeth or charming words. They believe what they want to believe, hear what they wish to hear. No net is necessary to ensnare them, just something shiny will do.

• Like 2

If there is an Antichrist, there will be no reason for it/him/whatever to find victims. People flock to attractive things like shiny white teeth or charming words. They believe what they want to believe, hear what they wish to hear. No net is necessary to ensnare them, just something shiny will do.

My inability to beat the horses at the race track, serves as a constant source of comfort that I could not possibly be the AntiChrist.

There are a number of well known characteristics we can confidently ascribe to the antichrist...

1. He will be a ruler of a nation, hence he will be a politician.

2. The nation he will rule will have been at one time a Part of the Old Roman Empire, (East and West).

3. He will be known and respected (if not loved) by the common people.

4. He will be known as a maker of the peace.

5. He will be accepted as the long awaited Jewish Messiah. (by many, but not all)

6. There will be an attempt on his life. He will appear to die or actually die and be miraculously resurrected.

7. He will be blinded and crippled on his right side after this attempt on his life.

8. He will come to rule all the countries that once made up the Roman Empire, but will indirectly have a powerful and controlling influence on the rest of the world.

As such his victims as they are being called are really his political opponents and opponents of the philosophy he espouses which is what will make him the great man he will seem to be.

There are a number of well known characteristics we can confidently ascribe to the antichrist...

1. He will be a ruler of a nation, hence he will be a politician.

2. The nation he will rule will have been at one time a Part of the Old Roman Empire, (East and West).

3. He will be known and respected (if not loved) by the common people.

4. He will be known as a maker of the peace.

5. He will be accepted as the long awaited Jewish Messiah. (by many, but not all)

6. There will be an attempt on his life. He will appear to die or actually die and be miraculously resurrected.

7. He will be blinded and crippled on his right side after this attempt on his life.

8. He will come to rule all the countries that once made up the Roman Empire, but will indirectly have a powerful and controlling influence on the rest of the world.

As such his victims as they are being called are really his political opponents and opponents of the philosophy he espouses which is what will make him the great man he will seem to be.

Where can I find this information in the christian bible? I'd like to read more in it. Does the "antichrist" know he is the "antichrist"?

Where can I find this information in the christian bible? I'd like to read more in it. Does the "antichrist" know he is the "antichrist"?

Most of this information is available from studies on eschatology, especially interpretations taken from a number of verses.

1. Beast from the Sea - Revelation 13:1
  2. Little Horn - Daniel 7
  3. Man of Sin - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  4. Son of Perdition - 2 Thessalonians 2:3
  5. Wicked - 2 Thessalonians 2:8
  6. The Assyrian - Isaiah 10:5, 12
  7. Prince to Come - Daniel 9:26
  8. The Willful King - Daniel 11:36

Paul does not use the term "antichrist." Instead, he uses the term "man of lawlessness" to describe an evil person who will stand in great opposition to God and His people. Paul speaks regarding the Day of the Lord...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God,"

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used. Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.

Daniel 7:8, 21, "While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth uttering great boasts...21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them."

Zechariah 11:17, "Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind."

From the Zechariah passage and the one found in Revelation 13:2-3, it is believed that the antichrist will suffer a head wound that will be fatal.

Revelation 13:2-3 "And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast,"

The empire he will rule will not be the world, contrary to many peoples expectations, He will rule the extent of the ancient Roman empire at it greatest time. As such it will include all of Europe, Northern Africa, almost the entire Middle East. What he will have is a philosophical viewpoint that influences the entire world and his influence will be felt all over the world as he influences the leaders of the world nations.

ExpansionOfRomanEmpire.jpg

• Like 1

Most of this information is available from studies on eschatology, especially interpretations taken from a number of verses.

Paul does not use the term "antichrist." Instead, he uses the term "man of lawlessness" to describe an evil person who will stand in great opposition to God and His people. Paul speaks regarding the Day of the Lord...

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, 4who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God,"

There are Old Testament references to the antichrist, though the terms "antichrist" and "man of lawlessness" are not used. Instead, "the little horn" and "worthless shepherd" are used as they prophesy his arrival.

Daniel 7:8, 21, "While I was contemplating the horns, behold, another horn, a little one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were pulled out by the roots before it; and behold, this horn possessed eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth uttering great boasts...21 I kept looking, and that horn was waging war with the saints and overpowering them."

Zechariah 11:17, "Woe to the worthless shepherd who leaves the flock! A sword will be on his arm and on his right eye! His arm will be totally withered, and his right eye will be blind."

From the Zechariah passage and the one found in Revelation 13:2-3, it is believed that the antichrist will suffer a head wound that will be fatal.

Revelation 13:2-3 "And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were like those of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. And the dragon gave him his power and his throne and great authority. 3 And I saw one of his heads as if it had been slain, and his fatal wound was healed. And the whole earth was amazed and followed after the beast,"

The empire he will rule will not be the world, contrary to many peoples expectations, He will rule the extent of the ancient Roman empire at it greatest time. As such it will include all of Europe, Northern Africa, almost the entire Middle East. What he will have is a philosophical viewpoint that influences the entire world and his influence will be felt all over the world as he influences the leaders of the world nations.

Thank you, I'll start with what you gave ;me.

Don't look to the future for the AntiChrist,he's been & gone.His name was Mohammed & his followers don't believe the Christian thought Jesus CHRIST is the Son of God to be relevant.The map looks similar although it has expanded more these days.This is not intended to inflame cultural differences but to put forward a point of view that is relevant in todays social fabric.The last line of the above quote states it all."The influence will be felt all over the world"

Edited by issues