Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will the AntiChrist find his victims?

Raptor Witness

It seems like this thread has strayed a bit from the subject, although I guess the way I worded it, invites speculation of who, first.

I don't care who, but how will he find his victims. I argue that it's a human generated system, not alien or foreign.

The Antichrist will find her victims using Big Data sets and algorithms.

obviously u r the antichrist to urself, to say that a female is the antichrist exhibit the pervert wills u r

while the idea of antichrist is about the offense of powerful insolent liar

so his moves cant b based on knowledge nor objective realisations, wat know what is real is the same

his moves will lean on exclusively his pleasures and force of lies wills

to me there cant b antichrist but the christ itself, when the word christ mean a day that delete aldays and everything to that stupid opportunist evil man

so only jesus who knows well his god will there, can constantly act as a man sponsored of superpowers to his persistent inventions about anything

• Like 1

With a GPS linked to his Facebook account.

• Like 2

yes the net is the trap way

i cant believe how truth is weak before such stupidity and inferior retarded levels of free wills

they dont mean any but fun they love **** for fun

Why can't the Antichrist be a woman if one must assign gender?

I can fully appreciate the concept that the antichrist is not a person but my commentary was to challenge the cultural notion that if it is a person it must be a male.

On the if Jesus was a female thread I also had proposed the same idea that Jesus could have been female without controversy.

Why can't the Antichrist be a woman if one must assign gender?

I can fully appreciate the concept that the antichrist is not a person but my commentary was to challenge the cultural notion that if it is a person it must be a male.

On the if Jesus was a female thread I also had proposed the same idea that Jesus could have been female without controversy.

A question for you...

The Jewish Messiah is by clear scriptural reference, a male. Jesus who claimed to be that very Messiah was male, do you think that the Jewish culture at that time, even if they were blind to the clearly male references of their own Messiah in scripture, would have accepted anything a female had to say?

Further, the antichrist, according to scripture will be viewed by many as the long awaited Jewish Messiah, again, do you think that such would be the case if that antichrist was female, clearly contradicting scripture that is the basis for the belief as well as (again) the cultural standing of that nation?

A question for you...

The Jewish Messiah is by clear scriptural reference, a male. Jesus who claimed to be that very Messiah was male, do you think that the Jewish culture at that time, even if they were blind to the clearly male references of their own Messiah in scripture, would have accepted anything a female had to say?

Further, the antichrist, according to scripture will be viewed by many as the long awaited Jewish Messiah, again, do you think that such would be the case if that antichrist was female, clearly contradicting scripture that is the basis for the belief as well as (again) the cultural standing of that nation?

No argument here.

This speaks more to the sad composition of our society that only allows males to hold ultimate positions of power and relegates females to secondary roles.

My lack of argument is not because I agree with that being right but just understanding how chauvanistic past and current societies were and are.

Although ultimately I do not believe in the futurism you espouse that entails an Antichrist is coming. It is all a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

Edited by The world needs you

No argument here.

This speaks more to the sad composition of our society that only allows males to hold ultimate positions of power and relegates females to secondary roles.

My lack of argument is not because I agree with that being right but just understanding how chauvanistic past and current societies were and are.

Although ultimately I do not believe in the futurism you espouse that entails an Antichrist is coming. It is all a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

I agree on the chauvinism, no argument there. It is however true that just on that basis neither Jesus nor the antichrist could ever be a female, irrespective of the strength or intelligence and capacity of said hypothetical female.

That you don't believe in futurism is a choice that assists you but you are however totally incorrect regarding that it is a myth recently invented within the past few hundred years.

And as such I can prove this beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The Shepherd of Hermas (110 A.D.)

Shepherd of Hermas, written in A.D. 88 to 97 and published in A.D. 110

The writer, after escaping a huge terrifying beast with four colors on its head (white, red, black and gold), met a virgin in his vision. "like a bride going froth from a bride-chamber, all in white...I recognized from the former visions that it was the church." the virgin explained that she escaped destruction from the beast (the Great Tribulation) because of God's special deliverance. "Thou hast escaped a great tribulation because thou hast believed and at the sight of such a huge beast hast not doubted. Go therefore and declare to the Elect of the Lord His mighty deeds and say to them that this beast is a type of the great tribulation which is to come. If ye therefore prepare yourselves and with your whole heart turn to the Lord in repentance, then shall ye be able to escape it, if your heart is pure and blameless." After explaining to him that "the golden color stands for you who have escaped from this world," the virgin concluded her messages with, "Now ye know the symbol of the great tribulation to come. But if ye are willing, it shall be nothing."

Victorinus (240 A.D.)

Commentary on the Apocalypse 6.14 - "'And the heaven withdrew as a scroll that is rolled up.' For the heaven to be rolled way, that is, that the Church shall be taken away. "And the mountain and the islands were moved from their places." Mountains and islands removed from their places intimate that in the last persecution all men departed from their places; that is, that the good will be removed, seeking to avoid the persecution."

Commentary on the Apocalypse 15.1 - "And I saw another great and wonderful sign, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is completed the indignation of God.' For the wrath of God always strikes the obstinate people with seven plagues, that is, perfectly, as it is said in Leviticus; and these shall be in the last time, when the Church shall have gone out of the midst."

Cyprian (250 A.D.)

Epistle 55 - The Antichrist is coming, but above him comes Christ also. The enemy goeth about and rageth, but immediately the Lord follows to avenge our suffering and our wounds. The adversary is enraged and threatens, but there is One who can deliver us from his hands." It is significant that he did not write about enduring the persecution of the Antichrist. Rather, Cyprian promised that Christ "is One who can deliver us from his hands."

Cyprian Speaking of the immanency of the Rapture, he wrote, "Who would not crave to be changed and transformed into the likeness of Christ and to arrive more quickly to the dignity of heavenly glory." After telling his readers that the coming resurrection was the hope of the Christian, he points out that the rapture should motivate us as we see the last days approaching. Cyprian says that "we who see that terrible things have begun, and know that still more terrible things are imminent, may regard it as the greatest advantage to depart from it as quickly as possible." Referring to his hope of the approaching Rapture, he encouraged his readers as follows: "Do you not give God thanks, do you not congratulate yourself, that by an early departure you are taken away, and delivered from the shipwrecks and disasters that are imminent?" Cyprian concludes his comments on the translation of the saints with these words: "Let us greet the day which assigns each of us to his own home, which snatches us hence, and sets us free from the snares of the world, and restores us to paradise and the kingdom"

Treatises of Cyprian - 21 to 26

Ephraim the Syrian (376 A.D.)

In the 4th Century, Ephraim the Syrian wrote a small work titled, Antichrist and the End of the World. This and other works were published in A.D. 376. His works remained relatively obscure in their own languages (he was fluent in several languages) through the centuries. Only recently were they translated into English.

We ought to understand thoroughly, there my brothers, what is imminent or overhanging. Already, there have been hungers and plagues, violent movements of nations and sins, which have been predicted by the Lord. Prepare ourselves for the meeting of the Lord so that He may draw us from confusion which overwhelms the world. Believe me, dearest brothers, the coming of the Lord is nigh. Believe me because the end of the world is at hand.

Because all saints and the elect of the Lord are gathered together before the Tribulation which is about to come, and are taken to the Lord in order that they may not see at anytime the confusion that overwhelms the world because of our sins. And so, brothers most dear to me, it is the eleventh hour and the end of this world comes to the harvest and [to the] angels’ hands awaiting the empire of the kingdom of our Lord.

When, therefore, the end of the world comes, that abominable, lying and murderous one who is born from the tribe of Dan [comes] . . . conceived from the seed of man and from a most vile [woman] mixed with an evil or worthless spirit.

Therefore, when he receives the kingdom, he orders the Temple of God to be rebuilt for himself, which is in Jerusalem; who, after coming into it, shall sit as God in order that he may be adored by all nations.

Then all people from everywhere shall flock together by him, and the holy city shall be trampled on by the nations for 42 months. [This is] just as the holy apostle says in the Apocalypse, which becomes three and a half years—1,260 days.

Then, when the three and a half years have been completed, the time of Antichrist through whom [satan] will have seduced the whole world, after the resurrection of the two prophets, in the hour which the world does not know and on the day which the enemy or son of perdition does not know, will come the sign of the Son of Man. And coming forward, the Lord shall appear with great power and much majesty with the sign of the word of salvation going before Him.

Origen was the first to become discouraged with prophecy, turn from a literal interpretation of the Bible and espouse an allegorical method of interpretation. Only with the Reformation some 400 years ago did theologians begin to return to a literal interpretation which espouses the futurism you don't believe in.

Interesting that it has taken over 1.500 years to return to the biblical roots which our forefathers in faith abandoned in the 3rd century.

Edited by Jor-el

As a system, dispensationalism is expounded in the writings of John Nelson Darby (1800–1882) and the Plymouth Brethren movement, and propagated through works such as Cyrus Scofield's Scofield Reference Bible. The theology of dispensationalism consists of a distinctive eschatological end times perspective, as all dispensationalists hold to premillennialism and most hold to a pretribulation rapture. Dispensationalists believe that the nation of Israel is distinct from the Christian Church, and that God has yet to fulfill his promises to national Israel. These promises include the land promises, which in the future world to come result in a millennial kingdom and Third Temple where Christ, upon his return, will rule the world from Jerusalem for a thousand years. In other areas of theology, dispensationalists hold to a wide range of beliefs within the evangelical and fundamentalist spectrum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispensationalism

During the Middle Ages and the Reformation, futuristic interpretations were virtually non-existent, however.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futurism_(Christianity)

So while one understands their views another can understand at what point in history did people introduce or reintroduce (this speaks to your post above) that view.

See, not all Christians believed this view of futurism in the past and not all believe it today.

http://en.wikipedia....spensationalism

http://en.wikipedia....m_(Christianity)

So while one understands their views another can understand at what point in history did people introduce or reintroduce (this speaks to your post above) that view.

See, not all Christians believed this view of futurism in the past and not all believe it today.

Ah, but the point you were making and which Wikipedia also erroneously makes in that it was a concept invented in the 18th century... it was not.

As I said, along with a multitude of other biblical precepts, one is free to believe them or not. Take Trinitarianism, the resurrection and Jesus Deity among many others... there are religious movements to fit all desires and shades of belief. What is important for me though is that the bible actually shows us what is biblical and to believed and what is not... without a shadow of doubt.

I would not be dispensationalist if the bible did not clearly show Dispensationalism, I would not believe in a rapture if the bible did not show this to be a biblical expectation. I define Christianity by what the bible says, not the other way around.

Just another shade and belief you have but no worries so is mine, at least I can own it instead of pretending to have a monopoly on truth.

Your view was reintroduced recently. No doubt about that.

Your view also includes dualism which was introduced only after the Israelites in captivity were influenced by Zoroastrianism. That Jesus will also return and destroy non-believers, ya, you can have that I want no part of it.

All paths offer a chance, that too is in the Bible, the Bible is only for believers who choose it, but we have been through this so the last word is yours to have here, take it.

Just another shade and belief you have but no worries so is mine, at least I can own it instead of pretending to have a monopoly on truth.

Your view was reintroduced recently. No doubt about that.

Your view also includes dualism which was introduced only after the Israelites in captivity were influenced by Zoroastrianism. That Jesus will also return and destroy non-believers, ya, you can have that I want no part of it.

All paths offer a chance, that too is in the Bible, the Bible is only for believers who choose it, but we have been through this so the last word is yours to have here, take it.

I could choose to argue your points, but this is not the thread for them, the antichrist however is and as such the bible certainly is. The bible does not offer other paths to those who have heard the message of Jesus Christ, you are however free to take the path you want.

• Like 1

Don't look to the future for the AntiChrist,he's been & gone.His name was Mohammed & his followers don't believe the Christian thought Jesus CHRIST is the Son of God to be relevant.The map looks similar although it has expanded more these days.This is not intended to inflame cultural differences but to put forward a point of view that is relevant in todays social fabric.The last line of the above quote states it all."The influence will be felt all over the world"

Wow... if that is not meant to inflame cultural differences... then what IS???

• Like 1

The Antichrist will find her victims using Big Data sets and algorithms.

Why do you say, "her"?

I don't know I believe he would just use supernatural powers.

As he will be a black magician and war lock.

He can see you in a crystal ball with Scrying magic.

Or remote viewing.

Or send demons to spy on you.

You think technology, cell phones, and the net is how he will do it?

POPPY c***!

Scrying in crystals balls.. etc has been a magical method uses by evil witches to find their victims for centuries.

The super natural powers always are more powerful than the technology of this age.

666, it is the number of a man. About 666 AD the man was 'enlightened ' Mohammed. Now who could be more anti Christ ?

• Like 1

666, it is the number of a man. About 666 AD the man was 'enlightened ' Mohammed. Now who could be more anti Christ ?

Since the antichrist is killed in battle by Christ upon his second coming, that means that Christ has returned.... sorry, but where is that news flash, I didn't get it.

2 Thessalonians 2:8

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Revelation 19:19–20

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Edited by Jor-el

There was some nut job some years back who was on the Spanish TV.

THis guy had 666 tatted on his arms and so did his cult followers.

He claimed to be Jesus...

and he conned lots of people out of money to follow him.

He for sure was not the anti christ. But he was a powerful war lock

and evil one to use such mind control over people...

to get them tatted with 666 AND Give all money to him.

But this can be said of the so called Harold Camping..

who conned people out of Millions..

people are so stupid and innocent they believe anything...