Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Blue Lagoon dyed black to deter swimmers

Still Waters

A Blue Lagoon at a disused quarry in the Peak District has been dyed black in an attempt to try and deter swimmers.

The local council took the step after finding people were unable to resist the pool's turquoise waters - despite the fact that it was almost equivalent to swimming in bleach and it contained an abandoned car.

http://www.telegraph...r-swimmers.html

I think the signs would of kept me out but I guess some can't read.

• Like 1

I think the signs would of kept me out but I guess some can't read.

You'd think signs like these...

Toxic_Warning_Sign_with_Skull_and_Cross_Bones_in_a_Vector_Clip_Art_Picture_111216-121927-658001.jpg

...would keep anyone interested in a swim out.

It looks sort of like one of those sewage lagoons. Depending on the conditions it can look like a regular pond.

I seen the images and it doesn't look swim worthy to me at all. The color is so florescent that it looks caustic.

Toxic_Warning_Sign_with_Skull_and_Cross_Bones_in_a_Vector_Clip_Art_Picture_111216-121927-658001.jpg

they should've left it.

anyone stoopid enough to ignore signs like the one above DESERVES to not be able to contribute to the gene pool (lagoon?!).

it's natural selection at work in our H&S obsessed world!!

• Like 1

After last years news reports it doesn't surprise me.

This body of water hit the news last year as a bathing spot, people were actually swimming and playing in it and despite the warning signs, they just ignored them all and picnicked by the waters edge.

I can never understand why people are so dumb, hopefully it sterilized them so they can't re-produce more stupid people.