Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange scratches

Efem14bnwr

Hi everyone! I have had several events happen in the last couple of months that have me a little disturbed and hoping others insight might help me. I have always considered myself very open minded and very spiritual. A lot of my thoughts and beliefs defiantly aren't main stream . 2 months ago I started having paranoid thoughts that my husband was cheating. And our life at home became very unstable. The paranoid thoughts were absolutely unfounded I believe now. After the paranoid thoughts started happening I had my very 1st sleep paralis episode. So darn terrifying!!! I defiantly felt that it is an evil presence !! I have had 2 more of those . I have also been catching whiffs of a sulfur odor every now and then. A picture fell off the wall with no apparent reason and other little things like that. 2 nights ago I went to sleep like normal and when I awoke the next day there were these scratches on my right underarm ,the right side of my left breast, and stomach . They are thin red lines. 3 short ones under my arm, 2 on the breast that are about 3 to 5 inches and 4 on my stomach that are 3-7 inches. I took a bath that evening and know for sure they were not there. Grabbed a pillow and blanket and fell asleep on a soft leather couch while watching a movie. And I do not have a cat. I just don't like how uneasy not knowing what these are from makes me feel. Thoughts, advice would be sooo appreciated!

Could you have scratched yourself? Stress of feeling like you are being cheated on can make you have some bad dreams and its possible you could have scratched yourself. I'm not a non believer or skeptic when it comes to the paranormal, I've seen a ghost. I just know that most things don't have a paranormal explanation.

More than likely that I did scratch myself :) but are there any meanings or paranormal explanations of unusual scratches?

Not that I would write the experience off as paranormal but would like to view the experience from every angle.

Well..it certainly sounds like you scratched yourself somehow. I know myself I develop welts easily with slight scratches.

As for the "sulfur" odor..do you have any appliances that use natural gas? It could be a leak OR a septic/sewer issue.

If you live even a few blocks from a railroad, vibrations from heavy cargo loads may jiggle things enough to make them fall.

But if it keeps happening then maybe consult a doctor, maybe it is some sort of infection?

I'm just throwing ideas out there.

I would guess you scratched yourself (I've a sleep scratcher) stress can cause you to move around more in your sleep and if you've been worrying about things it probably affecting your sleep more than you know

More than likely that I did scratch myself :) but are there any meanings or paranormal explanations of unusual scratches?

No offence but if there is an extremely likely reason why your arm was scratched in your sleep, why would you need anything more? Especially a paranormal answer.

No offense either, but quite frankly why I would like a paranormal explanation is my business and I do not feel I need to explain that in any way shape or form. Do I really believe I scratched myself in my sleep? Absolutely not.

Hi and welcome to UM :)

Your replies are a bit confusing. In this post you said -

More than likely that I did scratch myself :)

Then you said -

No offense either, but quite frankly why I would like a paranormal explanation is my business and I do not feel I need to explain that in any way shape or form. Do I really believe I scratched myself in my sleep? Absolutely not.

In that case it doesn't sound like you're interested in any other feedback other than something paranormal. Just so we know what this topic is about.

The question I asked can help understand your situation. No need to get snappy. But why would you find it hard to believe you scratched yourself in your sleep?

And like Still Waters pointed out, your opinion has changed very quickly.

Edited by DKO

Just looking for paranormal explanations is all. Brand new to a forum with posters I know nothing about. Didn't really feel comfortable with just putting out there what I believe. I shouldn't have posted the second post. I really did just want to keep it light. Snappy or not why do I need to explain why I wanted paranormal explanations? What does it matter?

• Like 2

And still at a loss for any ideas... Are there other forums or websites that would be more appropriate for what I'm looking for?

And still at a loss for any ideas... Are there other forums or websites that would be more appropriate for what I'm looking for?

This is the right site, no need to look for another.

Now you know how this works, no contradictions will be "let go" on this site, and as your a newbie, we are forgiving.

There should be numerous threads on this topic, have you searched the forums?

Waking up with scatchers would be disturbing, especially if they appear deep. Maybe do some sleep recording, video?

Thank you. I've been able to navigate the site a little more today and figure out how to get around a bit better. Have found some interesting threads relating to my questions. Will keep searching :)

• Like 1

Just looking for paranormal explanations is all. Brand new to a forum with posters I know nothing about. Didn't really feel comfortable with just putting out there what I believe. I shouldn't have posted the second post. I really did just want to keep it light. Snappy or not why do I need to explain why I wanted paranormal explanations? What does it matter?

Because you said earlier that you most likely scratched yourself in your sleep. Why look for a paranormal answer when you pretty much answered it yourself?

I am a very active sleeper (if that makes sense) and i often wake up with scratches and bruises. Hope you find out what you are looking for :yes: