Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plane hits invisible UFO. Mainstream report.

drpaxton

Drones come in all sizes. I guess we know that the USA is clearly spying on China.

Don't overlook the possibility of plain structural failure in the nose cone: there's a lot of pressure on it at speed and some unnoticed damage might weaken it enough for it to collapse locally.

• Like 3

lol blood from a bird, so its automatically a UFO? hahaha... "Investigators have ruled out a bird strike due to the lack of blood and feathers, leading to speculation that the plane collided with a UFO" lol

Wouldn't the blood just wash off if it was a bird strike? Whenever i'm on a plane I notice a lot of condensation rushing along the window. Wouldn't the nose catch a lot of that condensation? Plus the speed of wind rushing against it as well. Too high for a bird anyway.

The drone angle is interesting though.

Made in China ? its a wonder the wings didnt fall off.

• Like 1

Don't overlook the possibility of plain structural failure in the nose cone: there's a lot of pressure on it at speed and some unnoticed damage might weaken it enough for it to collapse locally.

its happened before to a northwest airlines flight in 2008, what was described as a minor maintenance issue (because it sounds better than structural failure) happen to flight 478 before it landed at tampa. Aren't nose cones normally the only bit of the aircraft shell not made of metal?

here's a photo

art.nw.plane.damage.02.cnn.jpg

oh and just a note the highest flying bird ever recorded was a ruppells vulture at 36,100ft

Edited by Cynical Sounds

I think we can all agree that the "bird angle" is obviously unlikely due to altitude during collision. I admit, some birds DO indeed fly at such heights, however during this time of year it is less likely for birds to be migrating, which is often the only reason for birds to travel above 20,000ft.

The drone strike is most definitely impossible as well because of the speed at which the plane would have been traveling while maintaining such an altitude would be roughly 550mph, and most drones top out around 135mph. Now, if we assume the alleged drone were traveling in the same direction, and we account for the possibility that there has been a new advancement in propulsion, and drones are traveling 200mph+, a collision between a high-mass Jet and a minimal-mass drone heading in the same direction would generate force roughly equal to 544,109,939.5875kg s/m - 229,312.53398kg s/m.

In that case, (this is NOT accounting for wind speeds, wind pressure, projected area of each item, etc.), the damage caused by such force would be MUCH more drastic than what is shown.

Therefore, in my eyes, the drone idea is easily thrown out as well.

However, so then, would be a high-mass UFO.

In any case, I would have to say this could easily have been caused by the aforementioned idea of pre-flight structural damage or perhaps a hail stone. The most likely idea in my eyes is structural failure.

Drone information >>> http://www.af.mil/in...et.asp?fsID=122 <<<

Jet average speed information >>> http://hypertextbook...Josekutty.shtml <<<

Commercial Jet weight information >>> https://www.federalr...-and-upper-deck <<<

Edited by Resonance
  • Like 1

'Prominent scratches' I think rules out structural failure. It was a collision with something. If it is a drone it must be a Chinese one. China is a huge place, it would be a big drone to have the range. I reckon a collision would have brought them both down.

'Prominent scratches' I think rules out structural failure. It was a collision with something. If it is a drone it must be a Chinese one. China is a huge place, it would be a big drone to have the range. I reckon a collision would have brought them both down.

If the scratches have a three pointed claw mark look to them just like on either side of the dead cows in Colorado then I'll bet it's a lizard-bird. Keep your eyes open for the next story of a mutilated flying beast having been discovered below the region of impact.

Let's get real that would have to be a bird made of steel to even dent a plane that weighs tons .I don't care who doesn't think it was alien collision that did this, and stop talking this drone garbage.The government has had drones for years so not new by far.Just like with the roswell incident back in the 40;s they poped off about it being a weather ballon which was BS.Now as much as folks want to be skeptical there is too much out and about pfoof there are things in this life we will not explain but UFO's are plain as day.Always you have some that just don't believe well that's all in good untill one day the world can no longer discredit it. Wake up folks some of you been on sleeping pills too long.

Let's get real that would have to be a bird made of steel to even dent a plane that weighs tons

A: the nose is the radome on planes like this and made out of fiberglass on most modern planes

B: seriously google images "bird strike" in fact i'll do it for you. https://www.google.c...OLa3G7Aab3YD4Cw

While I'm not saying it wasn't a collision with something might be worth taking a minute to get your facts straight reality before postulating theories.

Edited by Cynical Sounds
  • Like 1

If the scratches have a three pointed claw mark look to them just like on either side of the dead cows in Colorado then I'll bet it's a lizard-bird. Keep your eyes open for the next story of a mutilated flying beast having been discovered below the region of impact.

I've just found some dialogue about the Flight to Tampa
Anyone aware of the findings of this Incident [07/07/2008] on Flight 478.Has a conclusion been reached?

regds -

Not a bird strike as it was earlier reported. There was a pin size hole in the radome that caused the structure to fail/collapse. -

Amazing & I believe its the first ever...this collapse due structural weakness. -

that kind of surprises me...seeing as it take the brunt of the airstream im surprised this sort of thing has not happened at least once before -

I've seen a Bird hit on a B752 radome in the exact center causing a 4-6" Dia dent.While replacing the radome,from Inside the Dent was very significant but no cracks.

But a structural collapse is a rare one. -

I wonder whether a pin size hole will be reported by the Chinese authorities?

post-94765-0-69925700-1371128160_thumb.j

Let's get real that would have to be a bird made of steel to even dent a plane that weighs tons .

I take it you didnt read all the posts? I posted this BIRD STRIKE earlier... you can still see the blood. :tu:

You need to remember the nose of the plane doesnt have to bear any weight so it doesn't need to be heavy, its just there for aerodynamics

Bird Strike

original.jpg

source

http://avherald.com/h?article=45395ad3

Read the article....At least the first 3 sentences....Don't be so lazy and ignorant.

The picture is FROM THE DRONE of the plane it almost hit......Of course you do not see it, the camera is on it.....

can-t-read-good-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

It is humor smile......But the camera is on the drone, and in the article.

Was my keyboard that I went out and threw in the air after reading a topic here.......

"Lazy and Ignorant".. nice :unsure2:

I know full well that it is a picture from the drone looking aft!! Explain to me why the fins are NOT those of a LUNA and I will repent and eat my hat. Having worked on several drone design panels ((UAV's), Talarion, Predator, GlobalHawk) I suspect that it is not I that is ignorant on this topic. So can we keep this civil?

thought it was an Earthquake?

The nose - cone is not part of the structural frame of the aircraft and is designed such that any impact will cause it to "implode" rather than "explode" to avoid any collateral damage to the control surfaces, or engines from debris being thrown off.

Surely not a birdstrike (no supporting evidence for that), structural fatigue of the nosecone is possible (but not entirely likely as it would be a first event), at FL260 it is possible that Lav Ice from an overflying aircraft could have caused this, but again, such discharge is not permitted in the area described.

The aircraft was actually climbing to its cruise altitude, so speed was much less than cruising speed which means that if it was an impact related event then the Mass / Density increases.

Too many unknowns at the moment to pin it down, so I guess the cloaked UFO (tiny one) is as good as any at this moment :whistle:

I know full well that it is a picture from the drone looking aft!!

Having worked on several drone design panels

well Im no expert on drones, but did you watch the vid? Or just see the pic? Ive watched the vid a few times and cant tell which end is which, but looking at the ground it 'seems' the drone is flying forwards, thus, toward the plane

then of course,the news ALSO says it was flying forwards. So I dont know how you know full well its an aft view

"Video filmed from Luna drone shows it flying towards passenger plane"

http://www.dailymail...just-metre.html

and remember, this is NOT a new story, its from 9 YEARS ago!! Drones and whatever gets attached to them have no doubt changed a bit in 9 years, but then again, you'd know that perhaps as you have worked on them... :tu:

[media=]

[/media]

Edited by seeder

I know full well that it is a picture from the drone looking aft!! Explain to me why the fins are NOT those of a LUNA and I will repent and eat my hat.

want some ketchup with the hat? :passifier:

I know full well that it is a picture from the drone looking aft!! Explain to me why the fins are NOT those of a LUNA and I will repent and eat my hat. Having worked on several drone design panels ((UAV's), Talarion, Predator, GlobalHawk) I suspect that it is not I that is ignorant on this topic. So can we keep this civil?

You missed this part.....

It is humor smile....

It was Peter Griffin and the Giant Rooster fighting again.

• Like 1

well Im no expert on drones, but did you watch the vid? Or just see the pic? Ive watched the vid a few times and cant tell which end is which, but looking at the ground it 'seems' the drone is flying forwards, thus, toward the plane

then of course,the news ALSO says it was flying forwards. So I dont know how you know full well its an aft view

"Video filmed from Luna drone shows it flying towards passenger plane"

http://www.dailymail...just-metre.html

and remember, this is NOT a new story, its from 9 YEARS ago!! Drones and whatever gets attached to them have no doubt changed a bit in 9 years, but then again, you'd know that perhaps as you have worked on them... :tu:

OK, you show me any photos, video, of a Luna drone with those fins on!!!

want some ketchup with the hat? :passifier:

No thanks. The LUNA drone has a max speed of 160Kmh, cruising speed of 70Kmh.... (100, and 45mph respectively) the aircraft was at 350 / 450cKph and so the effects of parallax would make it appear that the drone was flying into the plane. The reverse is true!!

OK, you show me any photos, video, of a Luna drone with those fins on!!!

Why? You say you have worked on drones so you'll know more than me wont you? And who says they are fins?

But just for fun - to humor your expert opinion...heres another LUNA DRONE :tu:

luna-5_01_b7933b57ca.jpg

see for yourself here

http://www.emt-penzb...ystem/luna.html

Edited by seeder

I just skimmed the article but don't remember seeing any mention of weather or age of the jet. I suppose a very large hailstones could cause damage and then leave little trace, or it could just be metal fatigue. Still it seems unlike a rigid cone shape could be staved in like that just from normal air speeds.