Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 4 horseman :Atheist Agenda

Irrelevant

So recently some of the best Atheist minds got together and decided to confront the religous, nothing unusual about that, however what the outcome was to all that may be of intrest ( and i will post the outcome of that Debate shortly)

Since the same debates happen here day in day out and these are the guys whos opinions are mentioned ( yes i read your posts) it might be intresting for some to see how well they faired?, so the next time there names and opinions are quoted we know how well these Atheist opinions stood up when tested. ( and every work should be tested)

at best by watching these vids you will find them intresting i think, i know i did. Heads up: its 1 hour or so long but enjoyable intelectual discussion!

this video shows a group of Famous Atheist who decide at the end that they have the brains to destroy Established Religion!..

[media=]

[/media]

video continue Hour2:

Edited by Irrelevant

John Lennox triumphed in the world of flying god men and talking animals.

• Like 2

..the outcome of these discussions in the above videos.

Whats your point?

Emma, at last we meet. I've read many of your posts.

There is no point other than to show the defeat of this group and its agenda. The foundation that holds these debates is called " fixed Point" , in that those who hold a fixed point debate on that point. Have you heard of fixed point foundation before? What is your point in asking what's my point?

http://www.fixed-point.org/

Edited by Irrelevant

Can you cut this short please, i am not going to watch nearly 3 hours of videos. What questions are you asking?

• Like 4

Can Atheist triumph over the Religion, if so how?

By getting people to use their brains?

I am not holding my breath though...

• Like 2

I am not holding my breath though...

This is what the New Atheist Agenda thought to, (its at the end of the second video) that they had the Brains to defeat the Faiths..

That would be nice wouldn't it? ;)

• Like 1

Can Atheist triumph over the Religion, if so how?

Education is the only thing that might work. But even after a major success in that area, there will be some holdouts.

I have found that those who know the most about their own religion are easiest to talk to and the least offensive about discussing religion. It's the know-nothings who create the problems, whether we're talking about Islam, Christianity or any other religion.

Whether atheism can/should triumph over religion is an irrelevant issue. Just getting people to learn what their own belief systems say would be a major improvement.

Doug

• Like 6

I've watched these videos before at one point or another and I remember Hitchens specifically stating that he does NOT wish to see a world without faith. I think his reasons were because he enjoys the debates and discussions he has with believers. I also remember them feeling that it's a battle that they won't win or something to that effect. I don't remember the opinions of the others specifically, but on the points that I've mentioned alone I feel your thread is a bit disengenous.

Edited by Mr. Miyagi
  • Like 1

I find its the Athiests who are the strongest opponents against the various faiths, seeking like those in the posted videos to purposly undermine and "convert" to there thinking by attacking, rather than being accepting of others beliefs. There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level, Im not of the opinion any one faith as a whole desires the complete abolishment of the others, yet I see western secular society at its highest level purposely and actively seeking the complete distruction of all faiths/ organised religion/belief in a higher being..the stripping away of societys fabric , the very agenda of those in the videos and of others I've noticed.

This is what the New Atheist Agenda thought to, (its at the end of the second video) that they had the Brains to defeat the Faiths..

I am not sure what you mean by "defeat the faiths".

Do you mean check and reject religious teachings? Everybody with a brain can do that. They just have to use it.

Or do you mean make organized (and disorganized) religions go away in the world? Now that will be a long and hard struggle, and I am not sure at all it can be won.

You should clarify what you are talking about.

Edited by Zaphod222

There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level,

Oh really? Have you tried visiting Mekkah recently? Or converting to Christianity in Afghanistan? Or asking Yussuf Al Qaradafi what he thinks about the Jews?

How do you come up with wild-eyed claims like that?

• Like 2

I've watched these videos before at one point or another and I remember Hitchens specifically stating that he does NOT wish to see a world without faith. I think his reasons were because he enjoys the debates and discussions he has with believers. I also remember them feeling that it's a battle that they won't win or something to that effect. I don't remember the opinions of the others specifically, but on the points that I've mentioned alone I feel your thread is a bit disengenous.

Hitchens is opposed to the others in that aspect, as shown in the 3rd video and the countless books by dorkins and others they do indeed wish to see a world without faith, therefore I feel your opinion is uninformed on what there agenda is. The abolishment of religion..

Oh really? Have you tried visiting Mekkah recently? Or converting to Christianity in Afghanistan? Or asking Yussuf Al Qaradafi what he thinks about the Jews?

How do you come up with wild-eyed claims like that?

Taliban is not the highest form of Islam, the Catholic Church and leaders of Islam gave a exchange of doctrine years ago..there not actively seeking the destruction of each other but cooperation of each other. I think you might be bringing in political aspects

I find its the Athiests who are the strongest opponents against the various faiths, seeking like those in the posted videos to purposly undermine and "convert" to there thinking by attacking, rather than being accepting of others beliefs. There is a reasonably decent and accepting relationship amongst most organised faiths these days at the highest level, Im not of the opinion any one faith as a whole desires the complete abolishment of the others, yet I see western secular society at its highest level purposely and actively seeking the complete distruction of all faiths/ organised religion/belief in a higher being..the stripping away of societys fabric , the very agenda of those in the videos and of others I've noticed.

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? I know in the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

I think that you're attempting to have a discussion about something that was actually never actually said, agreed upon nor was it the conclusion to their discussion. Why would you do this, if you're doing so intentionally?

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? I know in the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

I think that you're attempting to have a discussion about something that was actually never actually said, agreed upon nor was it the conclusion to their discussion. Why would you do this, if you're doing so intentionally?

So there not trying to shake people out of there faith?

The 3rd video is the essence of this thread..

The third video and your use of it here is misrepresenting what was actually discussed and the conclusions of those discussions in the first two videos that you posted.

What's your reason behind doing this?

• Like 1

That doesn't answer my questions.

Yes it does.

Edit: its verbatim to there words " shake people out of there faith"

Edited by Irrelevant

Yes it does.

Really? Lets try again. I'll repost for you.

At what point in the video did any of them say that they were "seeking the complete destruction of all faiths"? In the beginning of the Lennox video that you posted, Hitchens was edited in order to appear to say that they wished to see a world without faith. I know for a fact that he himself did not and that directlly following that portion of the video he went on to explain why he did not wish to see a world without faith. I remember it specifically and I'm reasonably sure that I remember the others feeling that it was NOT something that they could achieve.

Another question.

How could you possibly watch that video and come away with the conclusions that you've made here? Furthermore, Hitch has been dead for what, two years? This discussion took place in 06' or 07'. In what way was this discussion "recent"?

• Like 1