Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kitten born with two faces

Still Waters

A rare two-faced kitten, also known as a 'Janus' kitten, has been born in Oregon.

The birth of tiny Duecy made her owner Stephanie Durkee, from Amity, do a double-take when she was delivered.

Shortly afterwards, the newborn was rejected by its mother so Ms Durkee is feeding her by hand.

http://www.dailymail...ay-survive.html

• Like 3

A rare two-faced kitten, also known as a 'Janus' kitten, has been born in Oregon.

The birth of tiny Duecy made her owner Stephanie Durkee, from Amity, do a double-take when she was delivered.

Shortly afterwards, the newborn was rejected by its mother so Ms Durkee is feeding her by hand.

http://www.dailymail...ay-survive.html

Cute little bugger. I'd try to save it, too.

• Like 1

Some people from that page have said some really nasty things about the little one... Sickening how people act these days...

• Like 1

It appears that Kitty has a feline version of the genetic anomaly known as "Siamese Twins Syndrome" in humans. In the 1800's, Cheng and Eng, and another famous female pair whose names escape me, shared one set of legs and a lower torso with a divided upper torso and entirely separate heads. Those pair even begat children (though not together). Kitty's abnormality apparently didn't unravel to that extent. It is wonderful she has been adopted and accepted by a loving human, and I hope she can live a happy life.

She is a cutie patootie! X0)

I wonder if it's more accurate to say 'they'... not a kitten with two faces but two kittens with one head/body? Especially if they meow separately.

I think it is unlikely that this poor kitten will survive long term.

• Like 1

Some people from that page have said some really nasty things about the little one... Sickening how people act these days...

I did not read the comments you are referring to but I could imagine the cruelty with some of the things I've seen online. Probably because people do not seem to empathize online the same way that they would in person. If they had a daughter born with 2 faces it would be a bit more traumatic to them and their comments would change. I know a kitten with two faces and a human with two faces is a far cry from being the same to empathize with but either way, having two faces would be a terrible condition. I'm personally not a cat person but this is just :(..

How cute i, I think it will be healthy and have a nice life

• Like 1

Cool.

Wonder what Frank and Louie sound like when they meow.