Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

European Commission demands answers ....

keithisco

"The EU's Justice Commissioner has written to the US attorney general, questioning him about America's data surveillance programme, Prism.

Viviane Reding wrote that she was concerned America's efforts "could have grave adverse consequences for the fundamental rights of EU citizens".

Dont tell me the EU is ineffectual, it exists to protect EU Citizens and will fight the USA all the way to the Supreme Court there. The Coverall statement that it is necessary in the fight against terrorism is BS.

Targetted interception of data would be accepted by any reasonable person, but "blanket" interception violates mine, and everybody elses rights!!!

• Like 5

"The EU's Justice Commissioner has written to the US attorney general, questioning him about America's data surveillance programme, Prism.

Viviane Reding wrote that she was concerned America's efforts "could have grave adverse consequences for the fundamental rights of EU citizens".

Dont tell me the EU is ineffectual, it exists to protect EU Citizens and will fight the USA all the way to the Supreme Court there. The Coverall statement that it is necessary in the fight against terrorism is BS.

Targetted interception of data would be accepted by any reasonable person, but "blanket" interception violates mine, and everybody elses rights!!!

the response from the US to the EU, sit down and shut up, and they will. the naivety of thinking blanket interception hasnt been going on for years needs to wake up, we sleep in our beds and out there, espionage, secret service assassinations etc is all going on. its not on the NEWS so we dont kick up a fuss. what we dont know doesnt hurt us.

the response from the US to the EU, sit down and shut up,

With a side order of "we know where the bodies are buried" (metaphorically speaking).

• Like 2

What with all the anger and frustration domestically, it never occurred that other countries and their citizens might have been raped as well. Between this and the IRS debacles if the partisanship doesn't allow a fair hearing and consequences for this administration I hope that the world body is willing to sanction the US in some meaningful way. This is OUTRAGEOUS imo.

• Like 1

What with all the anger and frustration domestically, it never occurred that other countries and their citizens might have been raped as well. Between this and the IRS debacles if the partisanship doesn't allow a fair hearing and consequences for this administration I hope that the world body is willing to sanction the US in some meaningful way. This is OUTRAGEOUS imo.

Don't worry, even if you're not a U.S. citizen, the NSA, and apparently the Whitehouse as well given their support, will still inform you that it is their right to spy on you because you might be a threat. Unfortunately, owning a cell phone or paying for internet now places you in the box that qualifies for "warranted search and seizure" of your private life.

• Like 2