Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Vivid dreams of violence

hauntedinsc

A dream I had last year has really been bothering me lately. Why I don't know maybe because I knew the girl and her aunt that appeared in the dream. The main part I remember is sitting in the living room with my ex boyfriends mom and niece and hearing a gunshot so loud and a flash of bright light before sitting straight up in bed and looking around to see where I was. The sound of the gun going off was so loud that for a little while I actually thought someone had been in my house and fired the weapon right beside my head which is impossible since the amount of time between hearing it and waking was not adequate for and intruder to escape unseen. Besides why would someone do something like that anyway and not actually shot someone. I've had violent dreams before but never with sound effects if you know what I mean. Needless to say I've thought about tracking them both down just to soothe my own concern that the two of them are alive and well but considering its possible I could run into him as well and take into account that her foolish son has put a gun to my head on two different occasions I'm not sure its a task I'm prepared for or if I should even be concerned at all. For all I know it could have been a warning to me to stay away.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hauntedinsc

• Perfection

• libstaK

• Likely Guy

Top Posters In This Topic

Vivid and even violent dreams happen for a number of reasons. From experience, one is, curtailing alcohol.

Alcohol is just one example, a nicotine patch left on too long will give you vivid and/or violent dreams.

Is none of that the case?

Edited by Likely Guy

Thanks for your post likely guy in answer to your question I don't drink but maybe once a year definately wasn't that night. I do smoke cigarettes but do not use nicotine patches. Wasn't smoking marijuana either at the time. Actually seem to dream less during a marijuana induced sleep.

I was doing some reading here and online last night and have read that some believe "dreams" like the one I described previously with the loud noises or whatever are actually OBE's. Can't say I actually believe this but after reading a few posts about people being able to induce these OBE's before they go to sleep. Of course I decided to see if it would work so went to bed thinking of the women, her son and his neice the way it was suggested by some. Needless to say I had a dream/nightmare once again violent this time my children were there and we were all three in danger. My daughter fell while we were running from our pursuer and started screaming. I was begging her to stop so he wouldn't find us but when I looked up from attending to her he was hot on our trail and I too started.screaming. that's when I woke up and even though I could feel myself trying to scream there was no sound coming out and unlike my previous dream I did not hear (for instance) my daughters screams anywhere but in my head during the dream. Needless to say I was very relieved to wake up and find both of them in their bed asleep and safe. I really wasn't to happy about going back to sleep since I've had bad dreams pick up where they left off before. If anyone knows how to make yourself Stop dreaming I'm open to all advice.

Violence could signify the end of a chapter, it is a piece of unfinished business basically "killed off" out of your psyche - basically a loud bang and then light, it's a good sign that you have decisively dealt with the issues that may have plagued you since the time they were in your life. I think you have moved on from any residual feelings the ex boyfriend may have left you to deal with. It is shocking that he put a gun to your head not once but twice, I can't imagine it, absolutely horrifying. The way you have described the dream in a concise and to the point manner also tells me that the impact of that time in your life is dissipating. I hope you can look forward to new and more positive feelings with the people in your life now and in the future, psychologically I think you are ready for that.