Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jersey Devil ?

Simbi Laveau

One can assume if it was spotted in Puerto Rico,it would be a chupacabra .

I also thought the jersey devil had a head like a horse,and wings ,and it huge ,and screams a lot.

It's hairless .Long ratlike tail .Long snout .

It reminds me of one of those rare fluke ,hairless rabbits .

http://www.nj.com/south/index.ssf/2013/06/jersey_devil_hairless_squirrel.html

• Like 1

Apparently it's a hairless squirrel.

Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation (ODWC)

Ever seen a squirrel missing all its fur? Here's one from a suburban neighborhood in the Metro area. Oftentimes, wildlife with unusual conditions such as this are mistaken for legendary or mythical creatures. Either way, they sure are exciting to see. Have any unusual wildlife photos to share? Post them!

https://www.facebook...0&type=1

Sorry only link I could find right now.

Edit to add that I watch an X-Files episode last night titled Jersey Devil. Ended up being a feral woman.

Edited by DKO
  • Like 1

Edit to add that I watch an X-Files episode last night titled Jersey Devil. Ended up being a female neanderthal.

Edit to add that I watch an X-Files episode last night titled Jersey Devil. Ended up being a female neanderthal.

Feral Human*

Feral Human*

Right, just re-checked it. They said neanderthal like. I was half asleep watching it.

• Like 1

Here's a hairless squirrel at a vets clinic.

article-0-01EB1F7B00000578-419_468x354.jpg

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

Here's a hairless squirrel at a vets clinic. Looks similar, but the animal in the OP photo looks larger.

I've never seen a hairless squirrel . The hairless bunnies are kind or cute .

Apparently this is a huge deal on reddit . People crying its the jersey devil ,because it was spotted in south jersey .

Oh those jerseyites ....they kill me :lol:

• Like 1

I've never seen a hairless squirrel . The hairless bunnies are kind or cute .

Apparently this is a huge deal on reddit . People crying its the jersey devil ,because it was spotted in south jersey .

Oh those jerseyites ....they kill me :lol:

Yeah some animals are lucky to look pretty cool hairless but some are just creepy haha.

• Like 3

Yeah some animals are lucky to look pretty cool hairless but some are just creepy haha.

Kind of like some bald men. Some are sexy bald and well others are anything but.
  • Like 4

Here's a hairless squirrel at a vets clinic.

Yeah it does resemble the devil,

Yes it does! :w00t:

• Like 1

This is an amazing planet, iv never seen a hairless squirrel

• Like 1

If you're going to believe this crypto nonsense, at least be consistent and stick with a single mythology.

I don't know what that thing is (probably a squirrel, but who knows), but it clearly is NOT a Jersey Devil - wings? horselike head? cloven feet?

Just because someone believes in nonsense it doesn't give them artistic license to twist legends and myths to fit their needs of the moment.

• Like 2

If you're going to believe this crypto nonsense, at least be consistent and stick with a single mythology.

I don't know what that thing is (probably a squirrel, but who knows), but it clearly is NOT a Jersey Devil - wings? horselike head? cloven feet?

Just because someone believes in nonsense it doesn't give them artistic license to twist legends and myths to fit their needs of the moment.

Just like the chupacabra used to be a reptile-insect looking creature. But now it's a mangy looking dog thing.

Imo,

The Jersey Devil in Oklahoma? Even the Devil wants out of Jersey!

But seriously folks, I can't see some terrifying legendary "beasty" being hatched out of a small very rare hairless rodent.

But then again, Bigfoot was created out of wooden feet

Edited by QuiteContrary

They don't call it the power of suggestion for nothing.

All it takes is someone to suggest it's a photo taken in New Jersey of the jersey devil, and a bald squirrel on a fence in Oklahoma with a nut in it's mouth is transformed into a magical cyrptid.

The human mind is a very mailable organ isn't it?

It's reddit Damn it ,they have a license to do whatever they want ! They said so !

:lol:

I said ,that's the smallest devil I have ever seen ......wow ....

In 1730 Ben Franklin wrote a parody in his 'Pennsylvania Gazette' making fun of witch trials. His story took place in Burlington County and had the witch dancing with a demon child who she gave birth to. In 1735 (the birthdate of the Jersey Devil) The 'London Gentlemens Gazette', which had colonial circulation published the story as truth.

Daniel Leeds, who published his own magazine was in competition with both of these magazines so one or both publishers started a whisper campaign to slander him.

LINK

• Like 3

In 1730 Ben Franklin wrote a parody in his 'Pennsylvania Gazette' making fun of witch trials. His story took place in Burlington County and had the witch dancing with a demon child who she gave birth to. In 1735 (the birthdate of the Jersey Devil) The 'London Gentlemens Gazette', which had colonial circulation published the story as truth.

Daniel Leeds, who published his own magazine was in competition with both of these magazines so one or both publishers started a whisper campaign to slander him.

LINK

Interesting . Was there a rouge hairless squirrel mentioned anywhere ?

• Like 1

Interesting . Was there a rouge hairless squirrel mentioned anywhere ?

Not in 1730 as far as I know :D Only recently.

Isn't that a strange looking thing!

That is one freaky looking squirrel.

That is one freaky looking squirrel.

LMAO

• 1 month later...

I thought it was a dog. But a squirrel, makes more sense. The real Jersey Devil looks like something someone had on an acid trip and they drew it.

• 11 months later...

What is that line from just above shoulder to just over eye with that round thing appearing to be attached ? Glasses ! Somene had some fun with a photo editor id say - the back foot looks like "dew" claw on backwards and looks like lower half of face was a horse or zebra

Homie looks too big to be a squirrel.

I think it's just an Urban Legend. I've seen videos that they made and I saw a few photo's but I have no idea what exactly it is. This is one thing I can't seem to wrap my head around. :cat: