Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NJ beach town set to ban low-slung trousers

Still Waters

A beach town in the US state of New Jersey is passing a ban on the wearing of low-slung trousers, jeans or shorts on its boardwalk.

The sight of exposed skin or underwear has attracted complaints from tourists, says Wildwood Mayor Ernest Troiano.

He is introducing a dress code prohibiting trousers that hang more than 3in (7.6cm) below the hips.

Wildwood joins a handful of other small US communities that have acted against wearing low-slung trousers.

Under its plan, people would also be required to wear shoes and shirts on the boardwalk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22876667

I must say the trousers hanging just below the skid mark area is really a no no. I just can not understand that alleged fashion!

A beach town in the US state of New Jersey is passing a ban on the wearing of low-slung trousers, jeans or shorts on its boardwalk.

The sight of exposed skin or underwear has attracted complaints from tourists, says Wildwood Mayor Ernest Troiano.

He is introducing a dress code prohibiting trousers that hang more than 3in (7.6cm) below the hips.

Wildwood joins a handful of other small US communities that have acted against wearing low-slung trousers.

Under its plan, people would also be required to wear shoes and shirts on the boardwalk.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-22876667

Wait...what...This is a beach town? And the tourists are complaining about exposed skin? Now that is too funny!

• Like 1

Low dragging pants is a ridiculous look, but I fail to see how it should be illegal.

People wearing such things should be openly mocked, not legistlated.

• Like 4

Apparently, Snooki & J-Wow felt the low-slung trousers lowered the standards of such a classy boardwalk. :P

• Like 1

post-50472-0-71704900-1371156249_thumb.j

Good! They need to be banned. Not everyone wants to see their freaking boxers! Pull your pants up or don't go outside! How easy is that?

• Like 1

Good! They need to be banned. Not everyone wants to see their freaking boxers! Pull your pants up or don't go outside! How easy is that?

While we're at it should we also ban bikini's, speedo's, mini-skirts, short shorts, tube tops, anything else someone might find offensive? Who gets to decide what is considered offensive? How about piercings? I don't like facial piercings, should they be illegal also? Don't like tats either. Lets make them illegal. Where does it stop?

Sorry but you and I do not have a right not to be offended. Don't want to see someones boxers, look away.

What we need to ban is fat people showing butt cracks. I'm fat myself and I know it one of the grossest things possible.

What we need to ban is fat people showing butt cracks.

Then who is going to fix my clogged toilet? :D