Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Would you put your mind in their hands?

pantodragon

ooh, you b*tch!!

:-)

wrong on which one??

or both?!

Both!

• Like 1

Something to consider pantodragon, is that when we associate ourselves to deeply with gender, or anything for that matter that is either type 1 or type 2 we can develop an us v's them mentality, which is very destructive. This type of mentality or Program acts like a virus and ends up spinning it's self way out of proportion until it clouds all judgement and effects the health or wellbeing it's host, you..

Letting go of things that we've rightly or wrongly associated ourselves to deeply with is incredibly liberating.. Be it Gender, or any perceived authorities or beliefs outside of your self, letting go of one-sided non-neutral perspectives can make the world seem a whole lot brighter, and much better understood.

Truth over-rides all and is the most liberating thing of all, and if I find that the truth is that I am an alien in this world, am in some way different from other people, then I will stick to that truth. I say again: truth MUST over-ride all other considerations.

If you adhere to the truth, no matter what, the you achieve health. The problems you speak of arise when people adopt perspectives or whatever for reasons of status, or any other reason at all. But again, if you hold to the truth, then you do not have these problems.

Edited by pantodragon

532344_398351793564232_1024155128_n.jpg

well ... some 'minds' are better off left in the care of others ....

~

• Like 1

Novel: Mortal Mischief by Frank Tallis

I have just been reading the above book which has proved extremely interesting and eye-opening. Frank Tallis is a former clinical psychologist who has turned to novel writing.

The interesting aspects of the novel that I observed were the following:

The female characters were all dolls i.e. they seemed totally unreal and doll-like.

In describing a female corpse, I could not help but feel that the author was displaying the beginnings of something suspiciously like **********.

And finally, his main character was a psychiatrist who was supposedly, due to his education, gifted with exceptional insightfulness as regards human nature. However, the insights offered were in fact extraordinarily crude and simplistic --- as one might expect from someone who presents women as dolls.

It seems to me that these observations reveal the author to be particularly unsuited to deal with the minds of other people. How can somebody who seems incapable of drawing a distinction between a woman and a doll possibly be capable of understanding the first thing about anybody’s mind or psychological problems? One might go further and suspect that the psychologist himself has problems that need to be sorted out before he can reach a place where he can communicate in any meaningful way with other people.

I would suggest that the current fashion for mental health professionals to turn their hands to novel writing may be put to good use by potential patients: these people give themselves away in their books. So read the book before you go to the psychologist (actually, if all psychologists and psychiatrists were required to write a novel before practicing upon patients, then I feel they would all similarly shoot themselves in the foot).

• Like 1

Well, excuse me for having an opinion and sharing my thoughts and -gasp- facts! Well, one fact. But it's still a fact.

which was....?

I, for one, can not sit by while women (who do the exact same jobs as their male counterparts) receive generally less pay.

you must still be living in the 20th century ratte, that issue was sorted out decades ago in most of the developed world.

My personal gender issues are none of your concern.

maybe not, but whilever you use them to force labels upon me, you MAKE them my concern, and I can't understand your continuing blindness to that fact.

But I will tell you this; if it weren't for the sexism that runs rampant in the country I live in, there is a small chance that I could have been happy as what I was. But no! People treated me as less than, inferior, weak! Because of what was between my legs?!

i'm sorry to hear you were treated as inferior because of ANY reason, we're all human, and none of us are inferior.

'cept maybe the french.

*humour*

dunno which country you're from, or indeed which century if i'm honest, but if you felt strongly about the issue, then MOVE!

it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.

the world WE live in has moved on from societies filled with rampant sexism, and it's about time you joined it.

also, NO-ONE is forced to change gender, but your statement that you 'could've been happy' as a woman if it weren't for sexism makes no sense whatsoever.

at all.

Women are treated worse than men, from what I have seen.

then you obviously don't live in the west, where women certainly are winning the battle of the sexes, because they know men aren't putting up much of a fight, and why should we?

we're all people at the end of the day, different, but certainly none inferior, by their sex, their colour, or their creed.

Women lash out in return and everyone is driven further apart.

in my experience, women are much more subtle than just 'lashing out' ratte, they can wrap men around their fingers, and more often than not, do.and we let them, because, at the end of the day, we kinda like it.

I'm not saying we should be like the J'naii, I'm saying we shouldn't make snap judgements based on gender.

no-one IS making snap judgements ratte.

*edit to add*

PS- kudos on the Trek reference!

:-)

Edited by shrooma

Man.. I laughed at your joke until I remembered I'm part French. Then I laughed harder (because I hung my head in shame, but it was a silly gesture because no one could see it). Mon cher, your sense of humor simply does not like me! lol

I wish I could move. I would love to leave this country in favor of one that better suits my personality. However, I am poor.

As for the wages thing... Ohio must be different, then. But what you described is a form of lashing out. Sex and manipulation is the only way some women feel like they can have any kind of control.

We have yet to move on completely. Things are much better now, yes. We are making progress, but! It's not good enough yet. Soon, maybe.

I jumped around a bit in my responses, sorry. I'm pretty sure you follow, though.

Glad you like the Trek reference! If you're a Trekkie, you can't be that bad!

• Like 1

and i'm sorry you were offended by my jokes ratte, in all honesty, no offence was intended!

I hope everything works out for you, and you get where you want to be.....

• Like 1

French ? mon cherie ... I know some French

954884_591434560880695_1362684090_n.jpg

mon dieu ... pardon my French //

~

so, no clues then...?

not even with a 'pretty please.....?'

Ruby Wax and Marcus du Sautoy (celebrity mathematician).