Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Led Zeppelin down memory lane .....

SHaYap

The prestigious 35th-annual Kennedy Center Honors aired Dec. 26 on national television, highlighting the awesomeness of rock gods Led Zeppelin. The program, which was taped Dec. 2, also honored bluesman Buddy Guy and featured performances from Lenny Kravitz and Heart.

[media=]

[/media]

not often one gets to see the true masters of the genre ... enjoy :tu:

~

link to youtube page

-edit added youtube page link

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 5

What a thrilling experience. Occasionally something real happens. Not very often. But when it does, those who realize its significance are those who understand the difference between wisdom and foolishness.

• Like 2

-sticks on 'the song remains the same' soundtrack before replying-

• Like 3

You can tell that Michelle Obama is not a big Zeppelin fan by the look on her face. :lol:

I thought the Foo Fighters were pretty good, but I started hitting "fast forward search" when Kid Rock came on.

Anyway, Zeppelin was a part of my childhood, and I still have a few of their later CDs

• Like 1

I posted something about this when it happened. There might be something cool on that thread ,but I can't remember .

I think this whole thing is what inspired Plant to finally agree to a tour,because no matter what the official story is ,he was the hold out .

Do you know he frequents conspiracy forums...

Was I not supposed to say that ....heh ....

*flees*

• Like 2

Ha! Fun! Robert looked misty-eyed. Ann's voice sounded a bit weak to me.

Never be another LZ. Ever. A masterful and matchless quad, in my opinion.

I've always enjoyed watching Buddy Guy.......so smoooth so smoooth :yes:

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 2

-sticks on 'the song remains the same' soundtrack before replying-

51JqgsAEWXL._SY300_.jpg

I got this ... Light and Shade box set

one of the very few in Asia .... heheheheh

Led Zeppelin / Light and Shade

by Cameron Crowe

Hollywood, 1973. It was only the second day of Led Zeppelin's stay in Los Angeles. Already, the word was out. Hordes of fans prowled the hallways of their hotel, the infamous Continental Hyatt House. The lobby was filled with photographers, groupies teetering on platform heels, even an impatient car salesman who'd come to deliver a hot-rod to drummer John Bonham.

link

I posted something about this when it happened. There might be something cool on that thread ,but I can't remember .

I think this whole thing is what inspired Plant to finally agree to a tour,because no matter what the official story is ,he was the hold out .

Do you know he frequents conspiracy forums...

Was I not supposed to say that ....heh ....

*flees*

Mr Plant did have a lot going on his plate the last decade and has the Grammies to show for it ...

*flees and flight*

~edit: double post bypass

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

I was really into Zep in highschool. It introduced me to a plethora of obscure psychedelia bands from the 60s for which I'm greatful. I rarely listen to them anymore, though. But Jonesy's solo work is fantastic and everyone should give it a listen. Thunderthief if amazing.

Good lord, this was brilliant. I can't believe I haven't seen this yet.

I think every artist performed exceptionally well. I actually love how the guys are watching each artist and they actually look truly honored and are really enjoying hearing their own songs.

I've seen Page and Plant perform, it was about 13 or 14 years ago. They're truly amazing to watch and listen to. Anne and Nancy Wilson likewise. I don't think I've ever heard Anne and Nancy perform as Heart live, but I have heard them several times as the Love Mongers in local clubs and small concerts in the park. They never put on a bad show ever.

Because I live in Seattle, as do the Wilson sisters, it's not uncommon for them to show up at big arena shows and just do impromptu encore performances with whoever is playing. I've seen them suddenly appear on stage with Van Halen and Eric Clapton. The Eric Clapton appearance was awesome because it wasn't just Anne who showed up, she and Lionel Richey walked out on stage together and the three of them performed Knock on Wood. Coolest ever. LOL.

Let's face it, Anne and Nancy Wilson are the Grand Dames of Rock N Roll. Heart is playing here in Seattle this summer... I'm still trying to decide if I want to cough up the cashola to go. After seeing them perform in small venues, I'm not sure I want to pay a heart stopping amount of money to see them in an arena.

Zep remains as one of my all time favorite bands. I'm never NOT in the mood to hear a Zeppelin song.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

This cover of Immigrant Song is topnotch, from the movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo>>

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 1

That's funny because I always thought "Immigrant Song" was the most difficult song to sing on Karaoke night. ^_^

• Like 1

That's funny because I always thought "Immigrant Song" was the most difficult song to sing on Karaoke night. ^_^

I once was at karaoke, and some seriously drunk guy decided to try the Immigrant Song... when it quickly became evident that was going to be impossible... he ended up rapping it complete with wild rap arm gestures and a little break dancing... it was ... awesome. Hahahah

• Like 1