Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New Toy..

Professor T

Well, I couldn't resist any longer, and bought one of the cheapest EEG hardware/software combos I could find, which I am guessing is the same you bought. It came surprisingly fast, but it was a bit of a strike to my already low self esteem when seeing the front picture on the box, and the writing underneath:

n36e.jpg

Lol, that's okay. I'm sure the potential things I can learn about myself and the way my mind works are anything but child's play.

• Like 1

You big kid you.. :lol:

:lol: mine came in a sleek Black box & didn't have any stereotypical advertising on it..

This is cool though, Please let us know what you think of it..

I'm itching to try out lot's of meditation apps, Dagaz in particular.. but I'm having trouble getting Bluetooth for my PC, & I've only got the visualizer app on my Tablet, which is a pain to download images from.

2m3kbxd.jpg

Well, unfortunately things started going quickly downhill after installation, but not due to the hardware or software itself. But I have had a Microsoft .net framework issue for a long time, which I have finally figured out from this last occurrence is connected dearly with Windows Installer (basically anything getting installed under Windows uses this) and isn't letting things install correctly or completely. This means the mindplay worked once right after install (while having to click through tons of .net framework error screens), then ceased functioning afterwards. I figured I would fix the framework issue, as I am decent at armchair computer problem solver using Google, but due to my hasty lack of judgement in problem solving tactics, I found myself hours later in much deeper than when I started. I ended my night by buying a 50 dollar external hard drive, which will be used to transfer all my files to, letting me do a complete factory reset on my computer. So mind learning will have to wait. :(

But the few seconds I saw the Mindplay at work, and saw the line graphs clearly rise and fall to my conscious intent to either concentrate or calm my mind were really amazing. I can't wait to get back to it, and download the Visualizer app you have been using. I am very interested and curious by the Theta state, which is one connected to creativity, which is a very distinct state I have felt and know quite well when deep in creative sessions, like making my song mashups. The thing is, I feel during these extremely intense creative sessions that I am using equal deep levels of both concentration and meditation. So I would be very interested to see what the readout of neurons says when I am in one of these moments of creation.

Well, I finally restored my PC to factory state and re-installed everything (including the Neurosky, which now runs). Of course, the first thing I did was download the Visualizer app, and start playing musical instruments to see how the readouts reacted. While playing the guitar to a Megadeth CD I had playing, the concentration/meditation levels spiked at different times as normal, and not much special was found there.

But it was when I simply closed my eyes with the music and drummed with my fingers that every single time the meditation scale would rise to 100 or near, and go back down just as my eyes opened and I looked at the readout, this happening in a matter of seconds. This was expected, as drumming clearly takes me to another place (I also play with my eyes closed 95% of the time), but what surprised me was the rise to maximum meditation levels so quickly. I figured meditation would be the hard meter to get to rise, but it turns out I have more of a struggle getting the concentration meter to rise than getting the meditation to rise by letting go to music.

Apart from those quick notes from the little time I spent with the EEG, the only other thing of note, which never ceased to entertain me, was how I would repeatedly let out an inner rage feeling (AURGH inside) as a test, which would, without fail, send all brain state readings (theta, delta, alpha, beta) to max reading for a second. This was a good and fun way to test the lag period of the device to software. lol, SERENITY NOW!

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1

Am still trying to blue tooth my PC. What a nightmare that's turning out to be.

Cool, Try the meditation/levitation game in the visualizer..

• 3 weeks later...

So, My PC has had blue teeth installed and it's all up & running...

Review time........

The Headset it lightweight, but I tend to find it distracting when meditating at times. Then again, this can be turned into a positive thing..

I'm still hunting for some applications that will record brainwaves for later review because it is difficult performing a task such as meditating or concentrating on something while trying to pay attention of the standard visualizer is counter productive.

Dagaz, IMO, is the best app so far for meditating. It is a game that pits maintaining a high meditative state against the clock. The object of the game is to build up enough meditation power to transcend into higher dimensions..Each new dimension earns you another circling shape in a moving Mandela, each ring being a shape you can choose. You can use the Mandela to meditate on with eyes open, but I find that closing your eyes allows for a deeper state.. Which incidentally, having your own EEG gives the perfect feedback for..

Dagaz, 10,20 or 30 minutes of blissful music and challenges..

2645kzs.jpg

At the end of the game the results of How long it took to reach each new dimension is posted on screen..

The feed feedback of time taken to gather enough Dagaz power to hit the next dimension gives the user a

enough feedback to improve on depth and quality of meditative state..

1z3s18l.jpg

More to Follow.............

• Like 2

So, My PC has had blue teeth installed and it's all up & running...

Review time........

The Headset it lightweight, but I tend to find it distracting when meditating at times. Then again, this can be turned into a positive thing..

I'm still hunting for some applications that will record brainwaves for later review because it is difficult performing a task such as meditating or concentrating on something while trying to pay attention of the standard visualizer is counter productive.

Dagaz, IMO, is the best app so far for meditating. It is a game that pits maintaining a high meditative state against the clock. The object of the game is to build up enough meditation power to transcend into higher dimensions..Each new dimension earns you another circling shape in a moving Mandela, each ring being a shape you can choose. You can use the Mandela to meditate on with eyes open, but I find that closing your eyes allows for a deeper state.. Which incidentally, having your own EEG gives the perfect feedback for..

Dagaz, 10,20 or 30 minutes of blissful music and challenges..

2645kzs.jpg

At the end of the game the results of How long it took to reach each new dimension is posted on screen..

The feed feedback of time taken to gather enough Dagaz power to hit the next dimension gives the user a

enough feedback to improve on depth and quality of meditative state..

1z3s18l.jpg

More to Follow.............

Very interesting. All sorts if applications for this are flooding my imagination.