Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Whovians... What?

Blink4567

This is about a month too late, but what the heck was that last episode? I apologize if there is a thread, but this is on my mind! Ok, new Dr: CHECK! My question is when? And is the David tennnant episode going to be the Christmas special? Matt Smith rocks, but they went older this time! Any information is helpful, and thank you!

• Like 2

the eppy with Tennant (and John Hurt!) is going to be the Anniversary story out on the 23rd of November (in the UK Lord knows when it'll air in the US and Oz).

And Hurt's not the next Doctor, he's a PREVIOUS Doctor, someone who did something that basically made all the other Doctors drum him out of the magic circle, stripping him of his name etc. The speculation is that he's the one who fought in the Time War. My personal theory is that the Doctor fought WITH the Daleks against the Time Lords and betrayed them. Basically he saw the Time Lords had gone "too far", joined up with the Daleks (ie the most evil force in the universe), did some nasty stuff, timelocked Gallifrey and genocided (again) the Daleks and had a "my god, what have I done?" moment and forced a regeneration out of grief becoming the Doctor again - the Eccelston Doctor. I seem to recall Davros calling him "betrayer" in Journey's End, that would fit with them being allies at the start of the war - as would him trying to save Davros from the Nightmare Child.

• Like 4

move over terrence d****!

you might have to change your title from Sir to Dr Sir....

(although, your avatar of the 2nd best Dr should've been a clue....)

:-)

• Like 1

can't believe the lang. filter's blocking NAMES now!

should've said terry nation instead of terrence d**** methink.

good job I didn't mention dick emery, or dickie davis (wearing a dickie bow!), or dick francis, or dick van dyke, or dick dastardly, or tony hancock come to think of it.....

;-)

• Like 2

SWH, that was a prolific and amazing answer. One of the best explinations I've gotten ever on Dr Who! Thank you :). Yea, nov is when The "first" clara episode came out, so hopefully will be the same. Just in time for thanksgiving. Wow, so Hurt was the last dr. in the Older series? This is going to be awesome, well get to see so much of the Dr.! DUDE!!!!

• Like 1

in the old Dr Who series Jesse, the last Dr, depending who you ask, was either Sylvester McCoy or Paul McGann.

Paul McGann only played him once in the two-part tele-movie 'the eye of harmony', which at the start showed Sylvester McCoy regenerating into Paul McGann, but has played him many times on radio & podcast.

his incarnation MUST be canon, as he was a feature in the recent '50th anniversary collection' of books, with his own adventure entitled 'earthworld', and clips of TEOH have been shown in recent Dr Who episodes. if you're a fan of the Dr Who comics, he features very heavily in them too!

HOPEFULLY he'll appear in the 50th anniversary shows, as I thought he was quite good as a Dr, but william hurt, brilliant as he may be, has never played The Doctor i'm afraid!

it'd be nice if he was to be the new doctor, but the producers seem to be hell-bent on casting a woman this time round (Nurse Who....?) with Miranda Hart being in the front running for the job.....

• Like 2

the eppy with Tennant (and John Hurt!) is going to be the Anniversary story out on the 23rd of November (in the UK Lord knows when it'll air in the US and Oz).

And Hurt's not the next Doctor, he's a PREVIOUS Doctor, someone who did something that basically made all the other Doctors drum him out of the magic circle, stripping him of his name etc. The speculation is that he's the one who fought in the Time War. My personal theory is that the Doctor fought WITH the Daleks against the Time Lords and betrayed them. Basically he saw the Time Lords had gone "too far", joined up with the Daleks (ie the most evil force in the universe), did some nasty stuff, timelocked Gallifrey and genocided (again) the Daleks and had a "my god, what have I done?" moment and forced a regeneration out of grief becoming the Doctor again - the Eccelston Doctor. I seem to recall Davros calling him "betrayer" in Journey's End, that would fit with them being allies at the start of the war - as would him trying to save Davros from the Nightmare Child.

Maybe your right......

Link: http://www.geeknative.com/39868/theories-who-is-the-john-hurt-doctor/

Edited by Kowalski

in the old Dr Who series Jesse, the last Dr, depending who you ask, was either Sylvester McCoy or Paul McGann.

Paul McGann only played him once in the two-part tele-movie 'the eye of harmony', which at the start showed Sylvester McCoy regenerating into Paul McGann, but has played him many times on radio & podcast.

his incarnation MUST be canon, as he was a feature in the recent '50th anniversary collection' of books, with his own adventure entitled 'earthworld', and clips of TEOH have been shown in recent Dr Who episodes. if you're a fan of the Dr Who comics, he features very heavily in them too!

HOPEFULLY he'll appear in the 50th anniversary shows, as I thought he was quite good as a Dr, but william hurt, brilliant as he may be, has never played The Doctor i'm afraid!

it'd be nice if he was to be the new doctor, but the producers seem to be hell-bent on casting a woman this time round (Nurse Who....?) with Miranda Hart being in the front running for the job.....

What! There just mind-bending us along every step of the way then :sleepy:. So I guess what Im wondering is, where the heck does william hurt fit in then? Is he just a story line dr? I think thats what it's sounding like. So have there only been 11 doctors in the new series also? I've only been a fan since David tennant, maybe in 06, so I never dealved deeper than that. A woman, IDk, I'm sure I'll like her later on, but at first it will be hard to accept. I do remember him saying in an episode that he was one at some point though :P.

Edited by Jessem
  • Like 1

there are two major Hurt theories - one is that he's a previous regeneratipn but not a Doctor (as SmithDoctor says, the name you choose is a promise, a code of conduct that HurtDoctor broke). the other is something wibbly-wobbly happened and HurtDoctor somhwo replaced EccelstonDoctor and Billie Piper filmee her scenes with Hurt recreating famous Eccelston-era scenes.

I prefer the "previous regeneration" theory, as that means there won't be a honking reset switch (aka massive wase of time button)

• Like 3

I just absolutely love David Tennant and was traumatised when he left Dr Who...... took me AGES to start to like Matt Smith but now I love him too and now he is LEAVING!!! David Tennant back for the 50th anniversary just means I have to do through the devastation of him leaving all over again!!!! Lol. :no:

I would love for Benedict Cumberbatch to be the next Dr. I already love him :wub:

• Like 3

there are two major Hurt theories - one is that he's a previous regeneratipn but not a Doctor (as SmithDoctor says, the name you choose is a promise, a code of conduct that HurtDoctor broke). the other is something wibbly-wobbly happened and HurtDoctor somhwo replaced EccelstonDoctor and Billie Piper filmee her scenes with Hurt recreating famous Eccelston-era scenes.

I prefer the "previous regeneration" theory, as that means there won't be a honking reset switch (aka massive wase of time button)

Ok see the wibbley wobbely thing makes sense. It's safe to say he won't partake the "Actual" role for a couple seasons then :w00t:, but I could get used to him. Stephen moffett will hold on to this for as long as he can :no:. I know I know, its starting to sound like hes a regeneration, or a plotline dr. Why would he replace eccelston? That would make no sense :td: . They just came out of the dr.s psyche, so maybe it will play off of that again. Interesting... honestly the new dr. should be someone out of the left wing.

David Tennant has won an Emmy!

For his role as a droid in SW: The Clone Wars, he won Outstanding Performance in an Animated Series. Not bad for a role that IIRC is about ten minutes of screentime.

• Like 1

For his role as a droid in SW: The Clone Wars, he won Outstanding Performance in an Animated Series. Not bad for a role that IIRC is about ten minutes of screentime.

Yeah! :clap: :clap:

I like him, he is a wonderful actor.

I really don't understand the whole "He is the best Dr Who" thing. I think all the actors who have portrayed Dr Who over the years, are all good in their own way. My opinion, anyway.

• Like 2

When did that happen :blink:. Congratz David Tennant!!!

I like him, he is a wonderful actor.

I really don't understand the whole "He is the best Dr Who" thing. I think all the actors who have portrayed Dr Who over the years, are all good in their own way. My opinion, anyway.

I think he's the nostalgia Dr. H'e the first dr. I got know, eccelston honestly just didn't last that long in memory. I only remebered him when they played re-runs.

two words kowalski-

''tom'' and ''baker''

jelly baby anyone....?

:-)

• Like 2

I would love for Benedict Cumberbatch to be the next Dr. I already love him :wub:

if they keep making the Dr younger all the time, in 3-4 regenerations, he's gonna end up being played by the milky bar kid!!

:-o

I'd cast someone older, personally.

If the schedule is too rough, then change the schedule.

• Like 2

My vote for the next Doctor goes to Hugh Laurie - I think he'd be brilliant.

Can't wait for the 50th special - so happy Tennant is coming back! He's definitely my Doctor. Although, I do like Matt Smith quite a bit - will be sad to see him leave in December :(

• Like 3

Oh, how I miss Tom Baker's Doctor, but then there are those lovely DVDs.

• Like 3

if you're a fan of the 20th century Dotors and looking for NEW stories with them, look no further thrn www.bigfinish.com purveyors of fine Doctor Who for the better part of a decade and a half.

I love them to bits.

• Like 2

if you're a fan of the 20th century Dotors and looking for NEW stories with them, look no further thrn www.bigfinish.com purveyors of fine Doctor Who for the better part of a decade and a half.

I love them to bits.

THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK!!

:clap: :clap:

Wow, they even have stories from Highlander, and Dark Shadows.... :tsu:

• Like 1

THANK YOU FOR THIS LINK!!

:clap: :clap:

Wow, they even have stories from Highlander, and Dark Shadows.... :tsu:

BigFinish does Highlander?!?!?!?! OMG!!!

• Like 2

This thread is officially a succes :tu::gun::tu: Thanks to SWH!!!!

• Like 1

I love Matty as the Doctor. I will miss him dearly. I will fall in love with the next one as well..... But Matty is my fave....so childlike, innocent, fun, spontaneous, and damn cute in a bow tie and fez.