Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

.Life After Death:A Medium conducts a reading

markdohle

That was very interesting Mark, though I am unconvinced that the spiritual body would want to hang around on this plane. I think those involved in the Research seem genuine enough in their stance, but I tend to think that "other" forces may be involved in making us believe the dead are around us.

• Like 1

That was very interesting Mark, though I am unconvinced that the spiritual body would want to hang around on this plane. I think those involved in the Research seem genuine enough in their stance, but I tend to think that "other" forces may be involved in making us believe the dead are around us.

Why do you think that?

What reason would a spirit have to stick around after death?

• Like 1

That was a very cool study, there is also a follow up video where they ask the guy what his thoughts were and he seems to have changed his mind.

I'd like to see this repeated, I always find how these readings affect people heart warming.

• Like 1

It's kinda hilarious to see a practicing Catholic turns to seance to prove supernatural.

• Like 1

Spirits stick around to help us. I sometimes do this kind of work, connecting people to those who have crossed over, and so many times have been privileged to witness a profound love that survives beyond the physical. Someone once said that love has no boundaries of time or space, and I've come to believe that's true. When I work, I just describe what I'm seeing or hearing in my mind, just passing it on, sometimes I'm can hold someone's hand, and pass the information to them directly. While this is happening I see in my mind what the other person is seeing, and can sort of direct or guide them, or ask them questions about what they're seeing. I trust that the information is helpful in someway, and let the rest go. And always, it's up to the person being read to make of it what they will and determine the validity, accuracy, or truth of what's being said or shown.

Sheesh, I feel like I just came out of the closet with this. I guess it resonated with me because I'm getting together in a couple of days with an acquaintance who's asked for my help as a medium, as she's suddenly been over run with spooks. I haven't done it in a while, but it's work I love to do, helping people connect.

• Like 3

It's kinda hilarious to see a practicing Catholic turns to seance to prove supernatural.

I can understand what you're saying, but at the same time.. People make all sorts of weird choices, some don't even make sense. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

I have seen people say they will not ride in convertible cars because they're dangerous, then turned to see them on a motorcycle.. I just laugh it off and carry on with my day, there choice, there problem :)

• Like 1

Yes, we live in a world, where we will never really know, nor are we supposed to, it keeps us searching...

peace

mark

Perhaps we don't 'go' in the way that we understand. Jung called this world a world of boxes after he came back from his NDE.

peace

mark

That was a very cool study, there is also a follow up video where they ask the guy what his thoughts were and he seems to have changed his mind.

I'd like to see this repeated, I always find how these readings affect people heart warming.

I believe our belief systems both liberate and keeps us chained.....even though I am a Christian believer, I still have doubts about the afterlife, though my faith persists.

peace

mark

Spirits stick around to help us. I sometimes do this kind of work, connecting people to those who have crossed over, and so many times have been privileged to witness a profound love that survives beyond the physical. Someone once said that love has no boundaries of time or space, and I've come to believe that's true. When I work, I just describe what I'm seeing or hearing in my mind, just passing it on, sometimes I'm can hold someone's hand, and pass the information to them directly. While this is happening I see in my mind what the other person is seeing, and can sort of direct or guide them, or ask them questions about what they're seeing. I trust that the information is helpful in someway, and let the rest go. And always, it's up to the person being read to make of it what they will and determine the validity, accuracy, or truth of what's being said or shown.

Sheesh, I feel like I just came out of the closet with this. I guess it resonated with me because I'm getting together in a couple of days with an acquaintance who's asked for my help as a medium, as she's suddenly been over run with spooks. I haven't done it in a while, but it's work I love to do, helping people connect.

Thanks for sharing myi friend....I have had a couple experiences iike what you said.

peace

mark

Why would it be strange? I don't think it proves anything though, but it gets people thinking and it can stretch our beliefs and deepen them.

peace

mark

It's not that they are sticking around. They never really left in the first place. The other world is not some far off place. It's right here and is not seperate from this world. Only our perceptions are tuned differently. That's what mediums do they simply are tuning to a different channel.

In reality you are connected an one with all of creation. Seperation is an illusion of energy density.

Edited by Seeker79

How else would a conart.. I mean psychic make their money?
  • Like 2

Have you ever tried to help someone and literally nothing happened?

Perhaps we don't 'go' in the way that we understand. Jung called this world a world of boxes after he came back from his NDE.

peace

mark

I thought NDE's could be easily explained as the brain giving off a certain chemical like DMT, so that your mind can better handle the transition? I could be wrong though

It's not that they are sticking around. They never really left in the first place. The other world is not some far off place. It's right here and is not seperate from this world. Only our perceptions are tuned differently. That's what mediums do they simply are tuning to a different channel.

In reality you are connected an one with all of creation. Seperation is an illusion of energy density.

Hmmm so there in like a different dimension?

How else would a conart.. I mean psychic make their money?

:whistle:

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x

I thought NDE's could be easily explained as the brain giving off a certain chemical like DMT, so that your mind can better handle the transition? I could be wrong though

There is no reason for your brain to do that.

Possibly. But we are going to have to define what we mean by dimension. Time is considered to be another dimension other than the 3 spacial dimensions. A simple parallel universe out of phase from this one like m brain theory suggests would be another physical realm. Spirits are non-physical. Im more inclined to view the spirit world as a network. Something like cyberspace of conciousnes minds or the Nural network of a much larger and more complex concious being. Many traditions consider reality simply a dream being dreamed by the great spirit, I suspect the spirit world is something along these lines but obviously of very complex nature. After all a single mind can be considered to have 'mental space'. Cyber Space is a network of different nodes to create what seems to be a universe in of itself. The real world would be like a spirit world to a being the evolved in cyber space. after all, who we are, our soul ultimately is a peice of information.

It's more complicated when we consider if revelations of string theory are correct. A curled up special dimension effectively unites everything in existence. We literally are one with the universe in 7 out of the 10 dimensions. Seperation becomes an illusion. The possibilities now become very very interesting.

There is no reason for your brain to do that.

Possibly. But we are going to have to define what we mean by dimension. Time is considered to be another dimension other than the 3 spacial dimensions. A simple parallel universe out of phase from this one like m brain theory suggests would be another physical realm. Spirits are non-physical. Im more inclined to view the spirit world as a network. Something like cyberspace of conciousnes minds or the Nural network of a much larger and more complex concious being. Many traditions consider reality simply a dream being dreamed by the great spirit, I suspect the spirit world is something along these lines but obviously of very complex nature. After all a single mind can be considered to have 'mental space'. Cyber Space is a network of different nodes to create what seems to be a universe in of itself. The real world would be like a spirit world to a being the evolved in cyber space. after all, who we are, our soul ultimately is a peice of information.

It's more complicated when we consider if revelations of string theory are correct. A curled up special dimension effectively unites everything in existence. We literally are one with the universe in 7 out of the 10 dimensions. Seperation becomes an illusion. The possibilities now become very very interesting.

Well I dont know what else you would call it, I mean strictly because of the fact that we cant easily see spirits would mean that IF there still among us they must be in a different dimension than ours. I do believe that they are other dimensions though

Well I dont know what else you would call it, I mean strictly because of the fact that we cant easily see spirits would mean that IF there still among us they must be in a different dimension than ours. I do believe that they are other dimensions though

Yes the labeling of such a place is tuff. A non physical dimension perhaps.

• Like 1

Yes the labeling of such a place is tuff. A non physical dimension perhaps.

LOL I mean what else would you call it, I spose you could call it a different frequency, and I guess to its up to whoever is talking about it.

LOL I mean what else would you call it, I spose you could call it a different frequency, and I guess to its up to whoever is talking about it.

Frequency is tuff. There may be dimensions that stuff that we are made of actually composes that dimension but is there when our subatomic particles flicker there, but this is still a physical dimension. The spirit world to have the attributes that it does must have the ability to retain the information of our conciousness and memories whithout the physical components in this 'dimension'. I suspect the universe even the multiverse is like a giant brain with storage capabilities and compartments. The basic unit being a planck acting like a tiny nuron capable of transferring and storing information and carrying the laws of physics throughout eternity.

Edited by Seeker79

Frequency is tuff. There may be dimensions that stuff that we are made of actually composes that dimension but is there when our subatomic particles flicker there, but this is still a physical dimension. The spirit world to have the attributes that it does must have the ability to retain the information of our conciousness and memories whithout the physical components in this 'dimension'. I suspect the universe even the multiverse is like a giant brain with storage capabilities and compartments. The basic unit being a planck acting like a tiny nuron capable of transferring and storing information and carrying the laws of physics throughout eternity.

But I mean what would you call it? Imean I saw from your first post that you said they were like frequencies or channels, that's why I said frequencies.

But I mean what would you call it? Imean I saw from your first post that you said they were like frequencies or channels, that's why I said frequencies.

I think conciousness is like a radio that can tune in. But all of it is a metaphore. It's like a radio but not using radio signals, it's like a frequency but we are not talking about vibratory waves or material resonance. I think It's just as close to a description as our language will allow. I believe the spirit world is an immaterial ( as we define material) reality, but it's hard to describe such an idea without using analogies. Mabey I'm wrong and dark matter or the Higgs field composes the other places. Or maby subatomic particles as they flicker from this universe form the other place, by somehow I think reality is much much deeper than that. Layers upon layers of what we currently know. I think it's only accessible through the medium of conciousness.

I think conciousness is like a radio that can tune in. But all of it is a metaphore. It's like a radio but not using radio signals, it's like a frequency but we are not talking about vibratory waves or material resonance. I think It's just as close to a description as our language will allow. I believe the spirit world is an immaterial ( as we define material) reality, but it's hard to describe such an idea without using analogies. Mabey I'm wrong and dark matter or the Higgs field composes the other places. Or maby subatomic particles as they flicker from this universe form the other place, by somehow I think reality is much much deeper than that. Layers upon layers of what we currently know. I think it's only accessible through the medium of conciousness.

What do you think is the situation with ghosts?

Have you ever tried to help someone and literally nothing happened?

Something has always happened, whether it was of value was up to the person involved, and I always tell people that; don't take my word for it, use their own inner knowing & BS detector. I don't do this very often, I don't charge, don't talk about it; I figure if I'm supposed to help someone our paths will cross and I'll do the work. I see it as being of service. I just happen to have this talent/skill I believe I was born with, and I have an obligation to use it in a positive way. I never chose it, it chose me.