Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What evidence distinguishes a Witness of Rev?

Raptor Witness

What would I do?

Head to the woods, try to stay out of sight of other people.

If the prophecies of eh bible are to be literal as this scenario suggests, it's not gonna be a pretty ride for the world, so becoming a crazy hermit in the hills seems like a good game plan.

I don't think begging for power will be their problem. I think a fear of using it will be their primary concern, hence perhaps why they were chosen.

No one would be chosen who was eager to do what they must and will do, just as Moses was reluctant, and even Jesus.

I've broken my own rule in the OP, by expanding my suspicion to researching that they might be two cherubs. The reason for this is simple. The guardian of the Tree of Life falls, and he is a cherub. We know that there are at least four, and possibly more. Even in human flesh they would have the authority to distribute God's power, and yes, show it off, to distinguish it clearly from that of men, who have become god like through their technology, with Satan's help. After all, having been thrown to the earth, he's trying to claw his way back to Heaven, through men.

These two may even have professions that would make them reluctant or even curious why they were chosen. For example, Jesus was a carpenter, hence his statement that he could destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days. He also leaves to build a home for the church. It makes perfect sense that He would be a carpenter in the flesh.

Unlike Jesus' rejection of the use of angelic armies at the time of this own death, which He clearly states He could, these two cherubs in the flesh will have an army of angels helping and protecting them, just as the fallen cherub, who has abandoned his post at the Tree of Life.

In the end, the two give up their protection, or it is withdrawn, somehow or way, like Jesus.

How else could men come even close to genetically engineering their own everlasting life without resurrection, if that guardian cherub at the Tree of Life, hadn't abandoned his post? So perhaps the flaming sword, by mouth, is passed to the two witnesses, instead. They then move to block men from gaining access to the Tree of Life. So their role may be multi-purposed, given their similar use of fire as a means of protection.

I also suspect that, like Jesus, they will have a death wish, of sorts. He knew He would be killed if went to Jerusalem, and He knew by causing a disturbance in the Temple, it would give good cause before Pilot. Nevertheless, He had every right to do this, because it was His Father's house.

These two witnesses may even be unaware of the others identity, for reasons that aren't clear at first, but which become clearer before they are murdered. After all, in any court, what witness testifies in synchronized fashion? They speak one at a time, and perhaps are even separated deliberately.

These are just evolving theories, and since I have now broken my own request in the OP of no further research, you might as well throw yours out there, with additional research.

Psalm 69 is an inner dialog, a meditation, but I also know that it has other meanings to other people, such as Jesus on the cross. And of course, it's not about begging for power. At any rate, I'm presenting some key words...

- will appoint

- "I will appoint my two witnesses."

- "two anointed ones"

- "two sons of fresh oil"

- fresh = new = current

The two witnesses will not be prophets of old. They will be bringing inspired news from God, "fresh oil" for the CURRENT churches, because they will know and see Him. These two will be of their time, but they will know the failures of their time because they will be hip and "with it." They will be au courant. They are witnesses, after all, God's chosen witnesses. Just a thought.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

?.. The two witnesses will not be prophets of old. They will be bringing inspired news from God, "fresh oil" for the CURRENT churches, because they will know and see Him. These two will be of their time, but they will know the failures of their time because they will be hip and "with it." They will be au courant. They are witnesses, after all, God's chosen witnesses. Just a thought.

Peace.

Yes , but witnesses to what? You don't sell Jesus by forced conversion, that was never part of His message. They're here to sell just the opposite of healing, the opposite of calming the storm. They're selling wrath, but not to force conversion. Edited by Raptor Witness

Perhaps one of the more interesting aspects of this case, is that the prosecutor goes on to kill these witnesses, who are then restored to life by the Judge.

Why would the witnesses be harmed by the prosecutor? That's quite a twist, and is very revealing.

Yes , but witnesses to what? You don't sell Jesus by forced conversion, that was never part of His message. They're here to sell just the opposite of healing, the opposite of calming the storm. They're selling wrath, but not to force conversion.

By the time God appoints the two witnesses, they will also have the knowledge of escape, to tell their newly converts where to go to protect themselves, and this is the "inspired news" I mentioned earlier. I think their prophesies will also coincide with their God-given supernatural powers: fire, waters turning blood, plagues, drought and so on. "Selling wrath" is not the correct analogy.

"Witness" has 3 levels, I believe: knowledge of their time-frame (au courant), seeing God in person, and like John, God will give them that vision of the cataclysmic future, the Second Coming, etc.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u

Why would the witnesses be harmed by the prosecutor? That's quite a twist, and is very revealing.

They have to be harmed or killed to trigger the horrors. Before the Beast, no one will have the nerve to harm them. Keep in mind that the two will come from God and probably have some kind of unworldly presence or mystical glow about them. Only the Beast will have the nerve to do it because no doubt, the Dragon will command the Beast to kill the two. Their death will also fulfill "...they worshiped the beast, saying, 'Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?'" Worshiping false gods is the ultimate affront to God. Not only will they kill the "two witnesses" to trigger the horrors, they will also be worshiped by people. Talk about asking for it.

Peace.

John of Patmos was isolated on that island because he was likely accused and convicted of the crime of performing magic in Rome. The state made no distinction between magic and miracles. The reason it was a crime, was because it undermined the authority of the state.

I would also imagine that the "magic" would have to be quite exceptional, to be considered a threat.

When Rome II appears, which we arguably see now, the state will likewise try to hide and isolate the "magic," but will they succeed? John sees a completely different outcome than his situation.

Who would likely have the unique skill set to first recognize the curious anomalies occurring on earth?

My guess would be the Vatican, and the NSA.

• 2 weeks later...

.... And they have the authority as both kings and priests.

...They are not two individuals but are rather two groups of believers that have inherited the blessings of Abraham ....

It's a good argument, and it makes some sense. However, they are murdered, if you recall, and they lie dead in the street. That points to an individual, not a people.

I'm intrigued by something that Jesus said was available to him, before his death.

"Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?" - Matt. 26:53

This reveals that the witness protection program and the power to destroy is external. So we should look for someone who is calling upon the same entity, as a key figure of speech, namely ..."The Father."

One of the big themes of Revelation is the attempt to turn people away from earthly government. These two guys will be openly subverting the power of New Rome through the direct intervention of angels, basically showing how easy earthly government is destroyed. They will make the state look powerless, because what can men do in the face of a host of destroying angels?

Talking about the Kingdom of God and Jesus does not subvert the authority of the second Roman Empire, because of the separation of church and state. There are thousands of priests and preachers talking about the Kingdom of God every Sunday, without any risk to their lives whatsoever.

So what brings about the risk of death? Why do they need protection if the state is separate in New Rome?

They're doing something different to put their lives in danger, something that preachers across the world aren't doing now.

Eventually they are murdered, but only at the appointed time, and only when the opposing side unleashes similar power in the flesh.

Essentially they force Satan's hand, I suspect, because if he didn't appear in the flesh and kill them, there wouldn't be anything left of his kingdom to fight Jesus at Armageddon.