Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The presence

markdohle

The presence

In silence many find themselves responding to ‘something’, to a ‘presence’ that they don’t understand, or perceive in any way they may call real, yet it is there and they respond, they allow the grace of the moment to work in their souls.

This reality is not owned by any one religion, though I don’t believe that all religions are equal, nor do they seek the same thing, yet the experience, the inner peace and healing, the deepening of love seems to be the same. Grace is universal, no matter how hard religion tries to corral it, it cannot happen.

Because I believe we are all made in the image and likeness of God, in our hearts, we each carry one another. In prayer and mediation we lift up and carry each others pain, we are all healers if we allow the process of the loving presence to do its work….we need to get out of the way. It is like a great thawing, wherein the softness of being, of loving, of being able to reach out slowly comes with the inner healing….trust grows, in spite of the death to self that can make this process slow and painful.

When we draw lines in the sand, then communication stops, we belittle each other, and lower ourselves in the process. We are called to love others as we love ourselves, also to love God with our whole being. When we learn that no one has a toe hold on God, then perhaps we can have the humility to actually hear one another, see one another and grow in love and respect for each other.

The need to feel better, smarter, etc., drops away, and we are left with each others humanity, seeking, and yes possible terror in knowing that soon, all of us who dwell on this earth, will become part of history and then forgotten in the mist of time….at least as far as this world goes.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 2

I like this, Mark, especially the part about lifting one another up, carrying each other's pain, and all of us being healers. I believe we all have the capacity to be healers in one way or another, and in fact, may do a lot more healing than we're aware of, simply but just listening, by picking up the phone & calling someone, all of those small, kind acts that so many of us do so effortlessly, without a thought. It's good to be reminded of that. Some people want to live their lives on a grand scale, and forget about what a difference we can make everyday on a small scale.

• Like 1

"2i. Preaching: Do not use the site to 'preach' your own beliefs or views to other members."

Maybe a rule change is in order...

The presence

In silence many find themselves responding to ‘something’, to a ‘presence’ that they don’t understand, or perceive in any way they may call real, yet it is there and they respond, they allow the grace of the moment to work in their souls.

This reality is not owned by any one religion, though I don’t believe that all religions are equal, nor do they seek the same thing, yet the experience, the inner peace and healing, the deepening of love seems to be the same. Grace is universal, no matter how hard religion tries to corral it, it cannot happen.

Because I believe we are all made in the image and likeness of God, in our hearts, we each carry one another. In prayer and mediation we lift up and carry each others pain, we are all healers if we allow the process of the loving presence to do its work….we need to get out of the way. It is like a great thawing, wherein the softness of being, of loving, of being able to reach out slowly comes with the inner healing….trust grows, in spite of the death to self that can make this process slow and painful.

When we draw lines in the sand, then communication stops, we belittle each other, and lower ourselves in the process. We are called to love others as we love ourselves, also to love God with our whole being. When we learn that no one has a toe hold on God, then perhaps we can have the humility to actually hear one another, see one another and grow in love and respect for each other.

The need to feel better, smarter, etc., drops away, and we are left with each others humanity, seeking, and yes possible terror in knowing that soon, all of us who dwell on this earth, will become part of history and then forgotten in the mist of time….at least as far as this world goes.

Beautifully put.

• Like 1

"2i. Preaching: Do not use the site to 'preach' your own beliefs or views to other members."

You might want to read the rules again very very carefully, you tend to miss things. ;)

• Like 1

In silence many find themselves responding to ‘something’, to a ‘presence’ that they don’t understand,

It's their guardians & they come out at night when the people are asleep. If the people meditated every night when it's very late, & even in the early hours, they would eventually meet their guardians & the presence would not be a mystery or an unknown anymore.

• Like 1

Not aware I am preaching, if that is so, then whoever is in charge can tell me and I will stop posting my ideas. I am a christian, so I use terms that back up my beliefs. Just as others here do the same.

Peace

mark

I like this, Mark, especially the part about lifting one another up, carrying each other's pain, and all of us being healers. I believe we all have the capacity to be healers in one way or another, and in fact, may do a lot more healing than we're aware of, simply but just listening, by picking up the phone & calling someone, all of those small, kind acts that so many of us do so effortlessly, without a thought. It's good to be reminded of that. Some people want to live their lives on a grand scale, and forget about what a difference we can make everyday on a small scale.

Well said my friend.

peace

mark